Fraser Or Ruddy

decorator

Personally for me it's time to give Michael Fraser the last 6 games of the season. Ruddy will be away at the end of the season so now is the time to see what Fraser's made of as he will be our No.1 next season. John Ruddy will find a Championship team at the level of Ipswich, Middlesborough or Burnley.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where you are coming from. For me though, as long as you have something to play for, you should play your best team. As Ruddy is better than Fraser, imo, I would play him until we secure our spot or fall out of things altogether. Unless of course Ruddy's season is over then we don't have a choice.

Quality post from Decorator!

I agree 100%

Why didn't we play Fraser all season, or since JG left as Ruddy too was part of that bad run? You play your best players and team when you are in the running for something. We still have a chance of European football and bringing some extra cash into the club for next season. That is the priority not giving our second choice keeper (whether he is 'ours' or not that is what he is) a run out to see if he will do a job for us next season.

Why didn't we play Fraser all season, or since JG left as Ruddy too was part of that bad run? You play your best players and team when you are in the running for something. We still have a chance of European football and bringing some extra cash into the club for next season. That is the priority not giving our second choice keeper (whether he is 'ours' or not that is what he is) a run out to see if he will do a job for us next season.

It is time to look to the future is it not ? Like last season Mutley should have played the younger players. It is now time to start looking foward to next season so Fraser should play for the rest of the season. I left early today but my mates have told me he didn't disgrace himself. Are they talking pish ?

I can see why folk would want Fraser given the chance, but for me as we still have 4th place to fight for you pick your best players, and that for me includes Ruddy.

It is time to look to the future is it not ? Like last season Mutley should have played the younger players. It is now time to start looking foward to next season so Fraser should play for the rest of the season. I left early today but my mates have told me he didn't disgrace himself. Are they talking pish ?

We always are looking to the future. McGhee could have played youngsters because after the St Mirren game we never had anything to play for. 7th position was effectively ours and we couldn't move up any higher. This is a very different situation. By playing our current best team (which is Ruddy in and Fraser out) we would be trying to secure as high an SPL finish as possible (which means more money from the SPL, which could go to the players budget for 2010-2011) and potentially Europe.

Until we can't overtake anyone and no-one can over take us, we should play a full strength team. Nothing against Fraser, he fared more than well today. But the way this season could pan out the difference between fourth and fifth, and fifth and sixth could be more than usual. Whereas last season, I think after the split we could only have mathematically dropped one place, so giving the likes of Hutchinson a bigger run wouldn't have been a bad idea.

I was impressed with Fraser today I have to admit, and think that he may be able to do us a job next year should we not bring anyone better in/keep Ruddy although I would continue to play Ruddy until we were out of contention for Europe.

I thought the accuracy on Frasers kicks was fairly woeful - he made two good saves - well done for that much, but Ruddy stays till at least 5th is secure (as long as 5th is a euro slot) - then it will be time to experiment - for all its worth considering thats what we have pre-season friendlies for.

I was impressed with Fraser today I have to admit, and think that he may be able to do us a job next year should we not bring anyone better in/keep Ruddy although I would continue to play Ruddy until we were out of contention for Europe.

Yeah, I must admit his showing was one of the few positives today. First game at Fir Park for him I believe it was and I was pleased for him that he turned in a very solid display at his home ground. It may or may not help him win over some of the doubters but at the very least it should alleviate some of the concerns folk obviously have about him.

But he's not a laddie by any manner of means, he's not untested in the SPL and I'm sure the management will know enough about him to have formed an opinion without having to see him play in the last half a dozen games. Until our final placing has been confirmed I'd be inclined to stick with Ruddy.

One thing I will say though is, I would bin McGlinchey for the rest of the season, don't think he can offer us anything Bob McHugh can't, so don't see any reason for persevering with him when he can't make a slant on the starting eleven and he obviously won't be here next year.

I thought the accuracy on Frasers kicks was fairly woeful - he made two good saves - well done for that much, but Ruddy stays till at least 5th is secure (as long as 5th is a euro slot) - then it will be time to experiment - for all its worth considering thats what we have pre-season friendlies for.

Aye and Ruddy's kicking is top notch.

I'd play Ruddy until the end of the season. He's our best goalkeeper so why drop him when we will have some tough matches to play?

Michael Fraser is no teenage novice. He's a reasonable experienced goalkeeper at SPL level so I don't really see the need to give him games at the end of the season.

Aye and Ruddy's kicking is top notch.

You clearly cant judge a players ability. Any time I see you post something Im going to skip it. You have been venting out bile about all our players just cause we havent won in two games. Have you forgotten we went 12 unbeaten.

I suggest you spend your weekends fingerpainting from now on, possibly in the safety of a mental ward somewhere because you have nothing valuable to contribute.

Ruddy was kicking better than Fraser even with his injury until Hammel had to take the kicks. (not that Frasers kicking was all that awful tbh, it was just something I noticed, other than that he was good)

You clearly cant judge a players ability. Any time I see you post something Im going to skip it. You have been venting out bile about all our players just cause we havent won in two games. Have you forgotten we went 12 unbeaten.

I suggest you spend your weekends fingerpainting from now on, possibly in the safety of a mental ward somewhere because you have nothing valuable to contribute.

Ruddy was kicking better than Fraser even with his injury until Hammel had to take the kicks. (not that Frasers kicking was all that awful tbh, it was just something I noticed, other than that he was good)

Were you at the Hamilton Accies game ?

Interesting to see that the Mod's allow that!

I've backed Fraser from day one. He's not made any mistakes in a 'Well shirt and today he showed again that he is very capable. Give him the rest of the season.

Whit!!! the guy was a feckin bomscare in any game he played before Ruddy arrived. Hence why Gannon saw this as a major priority and got Ruddy in asap.

His kicking today wasn't all pish but a good few times when nearly every player on the park had moved over towards the POD stand looking for the kick out he fecked the ball to the other side of the park where there was only a lonely Falkirk player who unexpectantly received the ball.

He will need to improve a hell of a lot before he gains any confidence in my opinion, but to be fair he did make a really good save today.