Players Re-signing ?

yosemite sam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody heard the rumour that Jack Ross (St Midden) has signed a pre-contract with us for next season ??

Hope it's a load of bull.

Well, he hasn't. Not even on the radar :P 33? 34? Goes against the grain (Craigan apart) of what is trying to be achieved at our club, no?

I would imagine, if true that he's being signed as a bit of experienced defensive cover should Craigan be out injured or we need an extra bit of experience at the back for certain games. Could be wrong though, maybe he would be our new starting right back...

Enlighten me Diggle.

Enlighten yerself.

Your grasp of how harsh the finiancial situation the club is actually in is a tad limp IMHO.

We need to cut costs big time

We need to sell players big time

We need money coming in through the turnstiles big time.

Merely to survive

There is a deal of naivety on here about the financial situation of the club. We have been affected financially by every one of the post split fixtures, where is our reward for finishing top six? It appears the penalty will be approximately £100k + and this is cash John Boyle has to find from his own pocket. OK, he's worth a bob or two but this is still a huge amount of money in a season that looked so promising a few months ago.

The impact of reducing the season ticket price by even £10 would have a major implication for the forward budgeting of the club. I think what's important here we recognise that events have conspired against MFC this season and to be fair they have fought their/our corner vociferously.

A season ticket allows a club to forward plan based upon a guaranteed income at the start of the season. By facilitating a repayment scheme they still have to ensure they get their money, therefore leading to a third company arranging it as a personal loan, otherwise if there was no penalty and the team was doing particularly poorly then there would no doubt that some would default on further payments leaving the club in quite a problematic position. There has been comments on this website to that effect already and despite this seasons league position whcih has be considered a success based on May 2009.

There is a deal of naivety on here about the financial situation of the club. We have been affected financially by every one of the post split fixtures, where is our reward for finishing top six? It appears the penalty will be approximately £100k + and this is cash John Boyle has to find from his own pocket. OK, he's worth a bob or two but this is still a huge amount of money in a season that looked so promising a few months ago.

The impact of reducing the season ticket price by even £10 would have a major implication for the forward budgeting of the club. I think what's important here we recognise that events have conspired against MFC this season and to be fair they have fought their/our corner vociferously.

A season ticket allows a club to forward plan based upon a guaranteed income at the start of the season. By facilitating a repayment scheme they still have to ensure they get their money, therefore leading to a third company arranging it as a personal loan, otherwise if there was no penalty and the team was doing particularly poorly then there would no doubt that some would default on further payments leaving the club in quite a problematic position. There has been comments on this website to that effect already and despite this seasons league position whcih has be considered a success based on May 2009.

Spot. On.

Not sure if it'll be anything to do with players re-signing but the club twitter today said:

"And - this coming week, expect not one, but two big news stories coming out of Fir Park! Exciting times!".

Fingers crossed we've manage to tie up deals on a couple of players but either way it sounds like good news is on its way. Maybe even to do with ticket prices?

Not sure if it'll be anything to do with players re-signing but the club twitter today said:

"And - this coming week, expect not one, but two big news stories coming out of Fir Park! Exciting times!".

First teaser for the new home strip, and first teaser for the new away strip? :wacko:

New deals for Jennings and Hately would do for me. I'd take Coke but he's blown hot and cold over the season, Jennings provides that bit of dig and Hately is versatile so in player resigning terms that'd keep me happiest barring the seemingly impossible return of Ruddy.

I hope the news is 3year deals for jeggings, job, coke, roody and the duke, PSV making a 2mill bid for Reynolds, £200k compensation from the spl, an artifical pitch for next season, new hummel kits with spearmint rhinos sponsorship deals (including a half-time entertainment package)

Im not asking much.

I hope the news is 3year deals for jeggings, job, coke, roody and the duke, PSV making a 2mill bid for Reynolds, £200k compensation from the spl, an artifical pitch for next season, new hummel kits with spearmint rhinos sponsorship deals (including a half-time entertainment package)

Im not asking much.

Winner of most positive post of the season goes to..

Im not asking much.

Sounds all good - except Hummel. Didn't Hearts refused to pay up Hummel's contract because the quality of their shirts were shit (well it was the excuse they used).

Enlighten yerself.

Your grasp of how harsh the finiancial situation the club is actually in is a tad limp IMHO.

We need to cut costs big time

We need to sell players big time

We need money coming in through the turnstiles big time.

Merely to survive

Thanks Diggle. I cannot disagree with anything you've said, although I feel the bit about club finances is a tad harsh.

My point was really that I do not understand how missing out on the `Celtic at home` money is a `catastrophe`. I believe the club should aim to balance its books without top six money. I was trying to point out that despite Motherwell actually having a good year financially, we are being told that a loss will be made and this will impact on signings.

If that is the case I am disappointed we are spending money we don't have.