Players Re-signing ?

yosemite sam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't suggesting anything at all! Just thought it interesting to read their opinions, for me, only Craig and Archie's opinions which matter really.

We're only giving the lad a trial, as we've done with a number of players recently. Its good management to keep our options open, and we do need a natural right back in the squad.

For me this says nothing either way about Hateley's situation.

Haven't most people on here said we need to sign a full time right back? So why when we bring players on trial that are right backs would that mean we are losing someone? The 5 players that I can remember playing right back in the last couple of seasons that are still here (Lasley, Hateley, Humphrey, O'Brien and Saunders) all have a preferred position that is not right back. So good on

In otherwords Broon and Knox for looking for a right back!

You talk b-oll-o-c-k-s!!!!!

If I said, Hateley is not resigning because of this guy then you are well entitled to post your little rant, however I posed an open question.

I guess you are still miffed I reminded everyone you were advocating Fraser to be used over Ruddy.

Now next time when the red mist descends, count to 10, go to your happy place or go and lie down in a darkened room before your impulses compel you to post on here.

If I said, Hateley is not resigning because of this guy then you are well entitled to post your little rant, however I posed an open question.

I guess you are still miffed I reminded everyone you were advocating Fraser to be used over Ruddy.

Now next time when the red mist descends, count to 10, go to your happy place or go and lie down in a darkened room before your impulses compel you to post on here.

I stand by my statement !

The RB/Hately angle is a red herring, we have options for cover at RB with Saunders albeit his preferred shout is CB. Saunders/Craggs/Hutch for centre back slots, Saunders/AN other for RB. We have an embarrasment of riches almost in midfield, if Coke leaves it ain't the end of the world. Perm a centre mid combo from Jennings, Hately and Las, possibly Fizzy and Forbes also. Mmmmm.....

Everton's Lukas Jutkiewicz keen to stay at Motherwell

By John Barnes 999999.gif

Jutkiewicz has scored 10 goals during his loan spell

Lukas Jutkiewicz hopes Everton do not demand a fee that would prevent his loan move to Motherwell being turned into a permanent one. "It would be a shame if Everton were to price me out of a move here," said the English striker.

"It wouldn't make sense to ask too much because I'm obviously out of contract next year."

Motherwell boss Craig Brown, though, believes his best hope of retaining the player would be on loan again.

Brown believes other clubs, more able to pay substantial fees, would enter the fray should Jutkiewicz become available for transfer in the summer.

Nonetheless, the striker, who has scored 10 goals for the club this season, would be interested in prolonging his stay at Fir Park, particularly should Motherwell qualify for Europe.

"It's obviously an incentive, but even without European football I've been really happy here," he added.

"So next year I'd love to see myself here. Fingers crossed that can happen.

"Unfortunately it's not completely in my hands, having a year left on my contract with Everton.

"From a business point of view, they'll look to get a little bit of money out of me this summer, otherwise they risk losing me for nothing next year.

"I expect I'll be having a meeting with the manager (David Moyes) at the end of the season to see exactly what his plans are."

Thats a great article Ricky. Sounds very promising.

If we could afford £150k or the likes for him and his wages on a 3 year contract would be a fantastic bit of business as I believe he would go on to become a top player and we could get real good cash for him in a couple of years. Not just that, I would love to see him banging the goals in a Motherwell jersey next year aswell.

C'mon Boyle you know it makes sense.

If we could afford £150k or the likes for him and his wages on a 3 year contract would be a fantastic bit of business as I believe he would go on to become a top player and we could get real good cash for him in a couple of years. Not just that, I would love to see him banging the goals in a Motherwell jersey next year aswell.

C'mon Boyle you know it makes sense.

A little birdie told me recently that Everton are still due us two lump sums of £50k as well, which may work in our favour if we attempt to do a deal.

Shagger isn't so upbeat on The Duke

One player who has been vital in Motherwell’s push for fourth is Lukas Jutkiewicz. The big Everton-owned striker told the assembled press that ‘he would love to stay at Motherwell’, but Brown is typically honest about the hopes of Lukas Jutkiewicz being a Motherwell player next season.

Jutkiewicz – like John Ruddy – is out of contract next summer, so the chances of either player being allowed to come back on loan is slim, and Motherwell would struggle to raise the fee required to buy either player outright.

The disappointment on the gaffers face is notable as he admits: “I think the decision may be taken out of his hands. I spoke to David (Moyes) a couple of weeks ago and he said that he thinks there isn’t an awful lot of mileage in sending his on loan again, considering his contract is expiring in a year’s time.

“He would probably prefer to give him a chance down there, or sell him and put the money towards a big-time striker. John Ruddy is similar. David Moyes has told me he could sell John for money tomorrow if he wanted to!

“We’ll now look to get the best out of Lukas while we can, hopefully starting at Celtic Park.”

Motherwell midfielder Steve Jennings has agreed a new one-year deal with the Fir Park club.

Jennings joins a list of Well men who have been re-signed by manager Craig Brown.

Stevie Hammell, Stephen Craigan and Keith Lasley have already penned new contracts.

Brown has taken Welsh internationalist Rhys Weston from Walsall with a view to signing the defender.

Brown said: “Basically we want to get players tied up early so that we don’t get caught short if they don’t agree new deals.

“In that respect we must ensure we have cover and options.”

Elsewhere, deposed Hearts skipper Michael Stewart is set to quit Tynecastle for the continent after Jambos boss Jim Jefferies stripped him of the captaincy and subbed him at half-time in Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat by Well.

Source- Evening Times!