Celtic V Mighty Well

Welldaft Mk1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter GARBAGE back to the same old Motherwell, united beat us on Sunday and Europe and the season is over , if those two old Muppet's are in charge next season i for one wont be back . :huh:

You said you wouldn't go back to watch us if we appointed McGhee, and also said you were retiring from these boards a while back so stick to your guns eh?

I thought we played really well tonight, passing was excellent and we really put some decent moves together. Craigan was phenomenal and losing him probably cost us the game. We were lacking up front after the Juke went off but that's been a problem for a while now.

A hard one to take no doubt but that performance has given me a lot of confidence for Sunday, should be a cracking game. People saying 'Aw same old pish', need to get a bit of perspective, we are still in the hunt for a European spot and 5th is hardly a disaster.

forget about me mate this is a thread about the game tonight just concentrate on that, mfc will go on with or without me.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I can't live with or without you.

With or without you.

Easily our best performance in the last three games. At least the opposition keeper had to work for his money for a change.

The goal probably came to quick for us, could have done with taking the lead in the 92nd minute then we couldn't lose. As i expected with Fraser he's shite at crosses which ultimately cost us the game although he did make a couple of important saves.

I wasn't optimistic about going into the split after the Falkirk game but a lot more confident now that we can take 4th spot after that performance. Mon the Well!

Shellic didn't win, we threw it away. We were at least their equal for most of the game, created more chances and should've scored a couple more. The goals we gave away were criminal, especially less than two minutes after we took the lead. If we'd given ourselves the chance to sit on the 1-0 scoreline things would've been so different.

Its not very often we go to Glasgow and make that many chances, so to come away with nothing is hard to take. We were never under any concerted pressure so to lose that game was really disappointing, especially given the slack goals conceded.

We passed the ball well at times, but also gave it away stupidly on a few occasions which lead to counter attacks. The injuries to Crags and Las cost us in the end, and here's hoping they're both fit for Sunday.

Some positives to take, but what an opportunity blown.

Motherwell are the AA of Scottish football. Whenever a team needs a result it's always us they're playing next and they always get said result.

What an embarrassment for one of the worst players in the league to score twice against us.

I don't think we are in any postion to demand taking points from Parkhead regardless how utterly pish Celtic are, but once again there is that horrible familiar feeling of a yet another missed opportunity.

I'd also rather that Craig Brown didn't suck Neil Lennons cock quiet so much. Lennon is the most reprehensible c**t that was ever shat into creation and to hear our manager bigging him up gets my goat a tad. Be diplomatic of course, but c'mon!?!?

Motherwell are the AA of Scottish football. Whenever a team needs a result it's always us they're playing next and they always get said result.

What an embarrassment for one of the worst players in the league to score twice against us.

I don't think we are in any postion to demand taking points from Parkhead regardless how utterly pish Celtic are, but once again there is that horrible familiar feeling of a yet another missed opportunity.

I'd also rather that Craig Brown didn't suck Neil Lennons cock quiet so much. Lennon is the most reprehensible c**t that was ever shat into creation and to hear our manager bigging him up gets my goat a tad. Be diplomatic of course, but c'mon!?!?

Neil Lennon was a wee shite on the pitch but I can't really see what he has done to deserve your description of him. Has he personally offended you in some way?

We've missed a ridiculous number of chances tonight. Only ourselves to blame for not beating an absolutely dreadful Celtic side.

Spot on. Got what we deserved in the end imo. Bottled it as soon as we scored. Sadly, don't have any confidence that we could take the lead gainst the OF, home or away, and see it out to the 90 like so many other 'provincial' teams in the SPL can do.

I have made my opinions on Fraser known on another thread. The worry is Craigan and Lasley picked up injuries, Ruddy is still out and Lukas, for his own benefit, needs to draw the curtain on season 2009/2010. We could be really understrength going up against Dundee Utd on Sunday.

Rather perversley at least this win keeps Cetic out in front in second.......and keeps Utd away from it. The Euro dream lives on.

At the moment, based on the last three performances and the very difficult games coming up, and despite usually trying to think positive, I can see 6th becoming more of a reality.

As i expected with Fraser he's shite at crosses which ultimately cost us the game although he did make a couple of important saves.

Fraser was shite at dealing with about half of the crosses. Having players running about like headless chickens at set-pieces is what cost us.

Saunders lost his man for the second and I think Jennings did for the first. That said, Stevie Hammell was supposed to be on the post.

Jim O'Brien, know your role. Foot through everything, every time.

You're not a superstar, you're an SPL player, an average one. Lasley knows this, Jennings knows this, almost every Motherwell player knows this. Stop being a fairy and trying to beat every man, twice. Get the ball, get it down, get it in the box.

Otherwise, a game we should've taken more from. Not chuffed.

Sometimes you go to Celtic Park, they play well and skelp you 4-0 and whilst annoying you live with it. But games like that are hellish. We played well for most of the game yet we are kicking ourselves because we cannot defend a simple corner into the box TWICE. We missed Craigan's leadership in there as the game wore on and we ended up deeper and deeper. Reynolds and Saunders showed they lack the experience to lead the defence and decide about holding the line as we got far too deep (especially for a team that was losing). frustrating though - beaten by our own deficiencies.

Celtic were there for the taking but we lacked the bottle. Sunday will tell us if our season is over or not, but the signs are ominous.

Last 2 or 3 games the Auld Yins have got it wrong. Can anyone explain to me what John Sutton was doing in midfield? We badly need more bite in the side and a leader on the pitch.

According to Beeb crowd was 27,750, how many were Dossers?

Absolutely no chance there was that many folk there. I was tryin to work it out, reckoned the stadium was 25% full at an absolute push. Masses of empty seats.

Maybe a couple of hundred 'well fans there. Not many.

Didn't think we played too badly tonight. The first half definitely was a marked improvement over the last couple of games. We don't really have the cover for Craigan which is a bit of a worry, hopefully his injury isn't anything serious.

Important games coming up though but if we can beat Hibs and match their results against the other 4, we're home and dry. Hibs are woeful just now whereas we've shown a bit of improvement tonight. We need to play better but it's still very much in our own hands to get 4th place. I'd be willing to bet that we'll up for revenge for tonight in a couple of weeks time.

Can anyone explain to me what John Sutton was doing in midfield? We badly need more bite in the side and a leader on the pitch.

Allows us to play a long diagonal ball to him and he will all the headers against the fullback, makes perfect sense, plus has a very good workrate and good energy levels.