Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

Utterly, utterly amazed people are trying to make excuses for that performance yesterday.

I dn't see many people making excuses for the overall performance but they are not blinded by some sort of hatred of the guy on what actually happened at the goals. Or are you honestly telling me that only Fraser would have slipped, only Fraser was to blame for the second (nothing to do with the decision making of Reynolds (twice)) or even the best of keepers never fuck up or have shots go under them?

Lets just looking at the second again. On a dodgy pitch Reynolds, on the left side decides to pass back to a right footed keeper - an awful pass back which bobbled all the way to Fraser. Fraser, seeing this tries to play it back to Reynolds, which he does successfully. Unfortunately for Fraser, Reynolds decides he can only use his left foot (the outside of it too :thumbup: ) now (despite having a shot with his right - which he should have buried - not long before) when the right foot would have been the correct option, and would have been easier to deal with. This leads to a corner - which was Reynolds fault it was conceded by the way. The corner find a free man who volleys it from about 10-12 yards out, Fraser doing well to even get a hand to it.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the need to bring up 1 Heurelho Gomes for Tottenham. Absolute nightmare the first few months of his time there and now he's saved then 6 points against Arsenal and Chelsea!!

Granted, Gomes has came on leaps and bounds since Winter 2008, and it does normally take a foreigner a season or so to properly adjust to the British leagues. But, the difference between someone like Gomes to Fraser is that Fraser wasn't coming to a new country, with a completely different style of football than he is used to - frantic and physical, not to mention Fraser does not need to learn a language in order to communicate successfully with his defenders. Nor did Fraser come with glowing reports from his previous club - as Gomes did with PSV and had shown his qualities in the Champs Lge as well as Internationally with one of the best countries in the world. We ended up with Fraser getting slaughtered by the Caley fans that witnessed his performances. Difference between us and Spurs fans is they knew there was a 'keeper in there somewhere as shown by his exploits over the past few years - do we really know what great a 'keeper Fraser could be?

I felt really sorry for Fraser on Sunday, at one point he went to get the ball for a goal kick and someone shouted to him to keep the head up and he looked into the Cooper and gave a wee nod but looked lost. He slipped for the first goal, not what you want but to be fair loads of top keepers have made similar mistakes. The problem was he then looked visably shell shocked. I think a lot of the problems with him stem from the fact he isn't getting any competative game time at all, what with there being no reserve league anymore. I'm not saying he'd be a top class, number one, SPL standard keeper with regular football, but it'd have to help his confidence and ability to bounce back from conceding goals.

I dn't see many people making excuses for the overall performance but they are not blinded by some sort of hatred of the guy on what actually happened at the goals. Or are you honestly telling me that only Fraser would have slipped, only Fraser was to blame for the second (nothing to do with the decision making of Reynolds (twice)) or even the best of keepers never fuck up or have shots go under them?

Lets just looking at the second again. On a dodgy pitch Reynolds, on the left side decides to pass back to a right footed keeper - an awful pass back which bobbled all the way to Fraser. Fraser, seeing this tries to play it back to Reynolds, which he does successfully. Unfortunately for Fraser, Reynolds decides he can only use his left foot (the outside of it too :thumbup: ) now (despite having a shot with his right - which he should have buried - not long before) when the right foot would have been the correct option, and would have been easier to deal with. This leads to a corner - which was Reynolds fault it was conceded by the way. The corner find a free man who volleys it from about 10-12 yards out, Fraser doing well to even get a hand to it.

Correct me If I'm wrong but there was two teams playing on that park yesterday. Two keepers were playing and both defences were playing balls back to their goalies. I didn't see the Dun Utd keeper gift a goal or slip on that park (for which Fraser has admitted responsibility and NOT the pitch). I didn't see the Dun Utd keeper give as poor a distribution as Fraser. I didn't see the Utd keeper knock the ball out for a corner when it was inches from going harmlessly out. I didn't see Fraser aimlessly puntiing the ball up the park into the waiting line of the Dun Utd back four.....missing any space our frontline had by a country mile. I didn't see the Utd keeper near decapitate his own defenders time and again in an effort to catch a cross. So, aye I'm honestly blaming Fraser. Anyone that tries to defend that hasn't a clue.

Anyone that thinks those goals were all down to Fraser and his ability or lack of are either never a goalkeeper or in case of the second a footballer, as any man and his dog should know the pass back was awful and the control that followed the return from Fraser was beyond terrible and totally the wrong decision by Reynolds.

Granted the overall perfomance from Fraser was awful, but the goals were only partially his fault and could have happened to anyone.

Anyone that thinks those goals were all down to Fraser and his ability or lack of are either never a goalkeeper or in case of the second a footballer, as any man and his dog should know the pass back was awful and the control that followed the return from Fraser was beyond terrible and totally the wrong decision by Reynolds.

Granted the overall perfomance from Fraser was awful, but the goals were only partially his fault and could have happened to anyone.

What should Reynolds have done with the return pass that was spinning straight for the corner flag then? If he waits for the ball to go across him and onto his right foot the ball is beyond him and out the park.......

The better option was Stevie Hammell who asks for the ball in plenty of space if you watch the highlights.

As for the quality of the pass back, no different at all from Stephen Craigan's for the first goal - I await your criticism of that pass back from your hero. :thumbup:

So, aye I'm honestly blaming Fraser. Anyone that tries to defend that hasn't a clue.

Or perhaps some are quite simply trying to douse the flames of hatred that are building and are in danger of getting out of control?

whilst others are giving the guy a keyboard kickin leaving him almost no chance of recovering from this

I doubt, he'll recover from these mistakes

and lets face it, they are just mistakes ( from a player thats had very little competitive match time in the last year)

add to that, the number of mistakes others made, but hardly anything is ever mentioned off, and the team blew another chance to build on a very succesful season.

but they are all Motherwell players, some are forgiven week in week out, others are verbally abused before they even have an input to a game, but at the end of the day they are our Players one and all.

abuse just seems a wee bit over the top this time around, especially since he's is our only fit Keeper,

it might be a bit counter productive to repeatedly hammer him, when after all he has cost us a lot less (points wise) this season than many of the more popular players.

Aye, but I thought we wouldn't lose 3-0 with Ruddy in goal, against ten men... but then again - I didn't expect Ruddy to get an assist in that match ^_^

There's nae point in arguing.

But thats what makes it fun :thumbup:

Any goalkeeper who made a 'gaffe' like that of which led to the first goal, would struggle to have any confidence for the remainder of the match. It's happened to Ruddy too, but that golden boy wasn't lynched for some reason.

There's nae point in arguing.

But thats what makes it fun :thumbup:

Any goalkeeper who made a 'gaffe' like that of which led to the first goal, would struggle to have any confidence for the remainder of the match. It's happened to Ruddy too, but that golden boy wasn't lynched for some reason.

Probably for the reasons I outlined earlier - Ruddy's saves and clean sheets.

Granted, Michael Fraser hasn't had the luxury of an extended run in which to make saves and keep clean sheets.

But there's your reason there.

Or perhaps some are quite simply trying to douse the flames of the hatred that are building and are in danger of getting out of control?

whilst others are giving the guy a keyboard kickin leaving him almost no chance of recovering from this

I doubt, he'll recover from these mistakes

and lets face it, they are just mistakes ( form a player thats had very little competitive match time in the last year)

add to that, the number of mistakes others made, but hardly anything is ever mentioned off, and the team blew another chance to build on a very succesful season.

but they are all Motherwell players, some are forgiven week in week out, others are verbally abused before they even have an input to a game, but at the end of the day they are our Players one and all.

abuse just seems a wee bit over the top this time around, especially since he's is our only fit Keeper,

it might be a bit counter productive to repeatedly hammer him, when after all he has cost us a lot less (points wise) this season than many of the more popular players.

I don't know the guy. Never actually met him. I'm sure he is a decent spud and all. I do not hate him (never will) and I have not been verbally abusive either towards him at the games or on here. However, he is in a high profile, high pressure position (the role of the goalie sadly always is) and the guy is simply a) not up to the task mentally anymore of being an SPL goalkeeper b) not good enough c) both.

Competitive match time? Granted but he hasn't been plucked from the stands. He has a few years of SPL experience, trains every day, and competes in at least one 90 minute match a week.

As for things getting 'out of control' I'm not sure what people expect to happen. Bigger and better players have taken much worse from bigger and better posters on bigger and better forums and they are still making a fine living out of football.

Our goalkeeper but the fact he picks uo a wage from us, and plays for our club, doesn't mean we can't look objectively and decide he simply isn't good enough to do either.

Goals aside he has been extremely shaky in all other areas of his game pretty much since day one and in every game. he has played for us.

I didn't think he was 'shaky' what-so-ever in the european games. Lost two goals down to comedy marking and dealt with everything else, bar one shot in the first game, with ease. Was solid in the game against Accies losing goals due to our defenders pushing to seal victory and against showing comedy marking.

Was solid again when he came on for Ruddy the other week.

Granted he had a dodgy spell once Craigan went off last week and I've not had the luxury of seeing yesterdays game.

Somehow, I think you've got the blinkers on.

I didn't think he was 'shaky' what-so-ever in the european games. Lost two goals down to comedy marking and dealt with everything else, bar one shot in the first game, with ease. Was solid in the game against Accies losing goals due to our defenders pushing to seal victory and against showing comedy marking.

Was solid again when he came on for Ruddy the other week.

Granted he had a dodgy spell once Craigan went off last week and I've not had the luxury of seeing yesterdays game.

Somehow, I think you've got the blinkers on.

I think you will find the majority share my view and the minority (yourself) are unable to admit they are wrong.

It's happened to Ruddy too, but that golden boy wasn't lynched for some reason.

Remember when you changed your name to Motherwell Football Club, you came on here and said you'd met some of the players at the cinema or something. They spoke to you and when you were walking away you heard one call you a gimp, that wasn't John Ruddy was it???

Remember when you changed your name to Motherwell Football Club, you came on here and said you'd met some of the players at the cinema or something. They spoke to you and when you were walking away you heard one call you a gimp, that wasn't John Ruddy was it???

Must be great making up stories :nod:

:nod::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Ruddy wasn't even there pal :P

Nah, it's just that I'm not being vauge when making my point.

I have posted quite a bit on Fraser and the individual errors I think he has made since he joined us. I've done the same with Ruddy. Don't confuse not wanting to post an 8 game analysis of Frasers career everytime I make a point about him to being vague. I genuinely think from kicking, distribution, coming for crosses, general decision making, and conceeding goals he has made MANY mistakes.

In the interests of being openminded I watched the highlights of the game just there for the first time since being at the game. Fraser imo was poor at every goal. Not solely to blame obviously but certainly played his part.

Granted Fraser didnt have the best of games.

Granted Fraser made a hash of the first United goal, But did Daly (I think it was him) not slip about the same area not that long after?

Watched the highlights again and it appears that the ball took a bobble just in front of Fraser, which given the state of our pitch, doesnt surprise me.

Anyway, Frasers confidence must be really low after Sunday, and whilst Ruddy is out, Fraser is the number 1 choice no matter what we say or think, so is it not time that we get behind the guy and give him some support and encouragement and help him gain a little confidence.

I have posted quite a bit on Fraser and the individual errors I think he has made since he joined us. I've done the same with Ruddy. Don't confuse not wanting to post an 8 game analysis of Frasers career everytime I make a point about him to being vague. I genuinely think from kicking, distribution, coming for crosses, general decision making, and conceeding goals he has made MANY mistakes.

In the interests of being openminded I watched the highlights of the game just there for the first time since being at the game. Fraser imo was poor at every goal. Not solely to blame obviously but certainly played his part.

Fair enough, I just don't recall you backing up the point of him being gash since day one.

He may have been terrible yesterday but I can't comment.

I just think that after the cut-throat reaction by some people to everyone of his performances that there is just some bitterness about the whole thing.

Juke/Porter took about ten games to show that they were any good and folk wanted them hooked. Don't see why Fraser doesn't deserve the same chance.

Because I and others disagree with you. That's why, it's how opinions work.

Quite simply, you are wrong, what has Fraser really done to deserve your praise? He's done fuck all this season practically and whenever he has came on the pitch he has been nowhere near exciting or great to watch. He's fucking shite and is no where near SPL level. In the games we have played he has had one clean sheet against a pub team and is no where near convincing the majority of people he is ready for the SPL. Not yet, anyway.....