Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

Stop it, you'll make mon_da_well jealous, or is that the plan?

Anyway, get off the fence do you think that Fraser is shite or not?

Mon_da_well doesn't get jealous, he gets angry.

I've said all along he is not shite.

He had a shite spell during the Celtic game, which he didn't concede a goal during, but other than that he's not done anything horrendous that I've seen.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mon_da_well doesn't get jealous, he gets angry.

I've said all along he is not shite.

He had a shite spell during the Celtic game, which he didn't concede a goal during, but other than that he's not done anything horrendous that I've seen.

Ach, just when we were getting on so well. :whistling:

Have to disagree but I think that the arse has been well and truely spanked to fuck out of this thread. Only so many times that people can post the same stuff over and over again about the same thing until it just gets boring. Most people seem to think that he isn't up to the job, minority have much more confidence in him. Bottom line if he is our first choice keeper next year then we are fucked before we start. Nothing personal but he is an alleged professional footballer if he has confidence problems and all the nasty Motherwell fans are against him, then its best for him and for us if he goes.

I'm away to get my Adobe Creative Suite fired up and design a new stadium.

Fair enough, I just don't recall you backing up the point of him being gash since day one.

He may have been terrible yesterday but I can't comment.

I just think that after the cut-throat reaction by some people to everyone of his performances that there is just some bitterness about the whole thing.

Juke/Porter took about ten games to show that they were any good and folk wanted them hooked. Don't see why Fraser doesn't deserve the same chance.

Well I can say since Llanelli at 'home' I stated my doubts. Don't expect anybody to remember what I posted on here about 9 months ago though.

Ach, just when we were getting on so well. :whistling:

Have to disagree but I think that the arse has been well and truely spanked to fuck out of this thread. Only so many times that people can post the same stuff over and over again about the same thing until it just gets boring. Most people seem to think that he isn't up to the job, minority have much more confidence in him. Bottom line if he is our first choice keeper next year then we are fucked before we start. Nothing personal but he is an alleged professional footballer if he has confidence problems and all the nasty Motherwell fans are against him, then its best for him and for us if he goes.

I'm away to get my Adobe Creative Suite fired up and design a new stadium.

Aye, exactly. The majority of this thread is "he's shite" then reasonable answer as to why folk disagree. And repeat.

The futility of all of this is stunning.

I don't think there are many who have posted that didn't think Fraser had a mare.

However i don't see many 'praising' him as has been suggested. Many are just defending him in the circumstances and pointing out that because he's not the exceptional keeper that many feel Ruddy is, that that is not an excuse for over the top criticism and is counter-productive to our aims of winning matches and qualifying for Europe.

He's played in two defeats and has been made the scapegoat for them - when there are quite clearly a number of other factors (even scapegoats) that are being ignored.

Unfortunately he's the only keeper we have at the moment and getting on his case from kick off to full time. Berating his errors. Sarcastically mocking anything that he does right and basically doing a better job than any set of opposition fans could possibly do. Can a Motherwell supporter please let me know what positive outcome for our team that will achieve?

Mark McGhee signed him, the board sanctioned the money for his wages and the management / board have failed to maintain adequate cover for Fraser in the course of the season or provide games to keep him match sharp - if indeed he isn't good enough.

2 games is a run now is it?

The Caley fans i've heard from say its more like 2 seasons. To be fair, they probably know slightly better than a guy watching two Caley games a season and proclaiming him 'the man who could of kept them in the premier league'. Thats just daft young Frazer..

Deja Vu here, for Michael Fraser read Stevie Woods.

Youse mostly hate him obviously, and have done since he signed for whatever reason. He was never going to get a chance, unfortunately he hasn't covered himself in glory when his opportunity arose. That's a shame as I did hope he would shut the doubters up but he's given you the fuel you crave. Reckon it's about burnt out now though, pretty boring hearing the same old shite over and over. Everyone and even the man himself, knows he fucked up on Saturday but he doesn't deserve the level of criticism he's got on here. And no Motherwell player should ever be tagged with the line "can go fuck himself" if anyone here were told that there'd be an uproar from all the self righteous.

The Caley fans i've heard from say its more like 2 seasons. To be fair, they probably know slightly better than a guy watching two Caley games a season and proclaiming him 'the man who could of kept them in the premier league'. Thats just daft young Frazer..

Scott McDonald was shite for us aye? 'Cause no other fans rated him.

Mind Porter coming here. Oldham fans slating him, Motherwell fans slating him. 20 odd goals later, who's laughing?

It's just typical of much of the 'support' on here.

Toys out the pram big time.

And since last season Fraser only played 17 games for ICT, being dropped because of the pre-contract, and before that ICT were doing fine sitting around 8th place before sliding down the table.

Scott McDonald was shite for us aye? 'Cause no other fans rated him.

Mind Porter coming here. Oldham fans slating him, Motherwell fans slating him. 20 odd goals later, who's laughing?

It's just typical of much of the 'support' on here.

Toys out the pram big time.

And since last season Fraser only played 17 games for ICT, being dropped because of the pre-contract, and before that ICT were doing fine sitting around 8th place before sliding down the table.

Scott McDonald was an unknown young striker,NOT a player who had regular 1st team + spl football when he came to us.

Chris Porter was slated by Oldham fans for the way he worked his move NOT his ability, they said he was good + had the ability to be a cracking signing.

Fraser was dropped for being dodgy and having a nightmare against Rangers,he could have been reinstated when things went tits up,but wasnt due to signing the pre contract but first + foremost he was dropped for being shit!

Scott McDonald was an unknown young striker,NOT a player who had regular 1st team + spl football when he came to us.

Chris Porter was slated by Oldham fans for the way he worked his move NOT his ability, they said he was good + had the ability to be a cracking signing.

Fraser was dropped for being dodgy and having a nightmare against Rangers,he could have been reinstated when things went tits up,but wasnt due to signing the pre contract but first + foremost he was dropped for being shit!

you talk sense :thumbup:

So MFC says that he should be given time - something very few players get at Fir park. Some turn it round though and he quoted a couple that did.

Are you arguing the case that - Ach he's shit anyway let's continue to justifiabley abuse him during 90 mins in a well shirt

All in all we're just going round and round and round - highlighting the fact that sometimes we just pick a well player and get on his case mercilessly - because we fuckin like doing it.

Some of you sound like a bunch of frustrated wife beaters

So MFC says that he should be given time - something very few players get at Fir park. Some turn it round though and he quoted a couple that did.

Are you arguing the case that - Ach he's shit anyway let's continue to justifiabley abuse him during 90 mins in a well shirt

All in all we're just going round and round and round - highlighting the fact that sometimes we just pick a well player and get on his case mercilessly - because we fuckin like doing it.

Some of you sound like a bunch of frustrated wife beaters

Nah, I was merely pointing out the flaws in his logic as I see it. Unfortunately I said from the start,having seen Fraser a few times before he signed for us, that he was dodgy. An opinion backed by many guys who watched him every week. Doesnt give me any extra pleasure saying that,at the end of the day im a motherwell fan and hate watching my team lose (youd think id be used to it after 20odd years of going to games :thumbup: ) but the simple fact is the guy is not good enough and will harm my teams chances of future success,be that euro places,cup runs,top 6 or beating relegation so I feel justified in giving my opinion on here. If I make it to another game before the seasons end I wont give him pelters in the ground as thats not gonna do anyone any favours but its not gonna stop me giving my opinion on a debate on an internet messageboard.

You are right tho, we are just going in circles now and its boring. Some dont rate him,others wana give him a chance. Thats fine (but lets all at least support the team when were at matches) so lets just put this to bed and get on with it

You are right tho, we are just going in circles now and its boring. Some dont rate him,others wana give him a chance. Thats fine (but lets all at least support the team when were at matches) so lets just put this to bed and get on with it

Could you no' huv said that on Page 2? :thumbup:

Exactly this

Imagine Michael Fraser had been the first choice all season and got injured and John Ruddy came in and gave exactly the same performance he did against Dundee Utd at Tannadice. Would our support have started a 'get Ruddy to fuck' campaign to get Ruddy out since he was obviously, on the evidence of one game, completely shite and error prone? One performance does not make the man.

Fraser's performance was terrible at the weekend but much of that could be put down to a collapse in confidence after an unfortunate slip.

I've seen Fraser play four times for Motherwell and only on one occassion has he let the side down, last weekend. In fact, how quickly some forget, if Fraser hadn't pulled off a couple of excellent saves against Falkirk the 0-1 defeat would have been much harsher.

Obviously he's not as good as Ruddy, as someone who keeps an eye on SPL football away from Fir Park, I've never especially rated Fraser while he was at Inverness and I don't think he is a 'Top Six goalkeeper' and if we want to finish in the Top Six next season we will have to bring someone in, but putting that all aside no one deserves the level of abuse that's been directed at him in this thread.

He's our goalkeeper until Ruddy returns to fitness and I'm sure he will go out and give it his best even if that's not to the standard we've been used to for most of the season.

Give the guy some support, give the team some support because if you hadn't noticed there are some important matches coming up.

Give the guy some support, give the team some support because if you hadn't noticed there are some important matches coming up.

Totally agree! Let's cheer him on at Swinecastle on Saturday, roar our support for him and try to help with his confidence. It might just help you never know.

Goalkeeper ( probably along with striker ) is the position where confidence comes into play most of all, and a keeper suffering a loss of confidence can find himself in a very lonely place. There's nowhere to hide out there when you drop a clanger. Fraser didn't look like a keeper with any confidence on Sunday, but I hope recovers it, because when Ruddy leaves won't he be first choice?

Motherwell manager Craig Brown bemoaned the absence of goalkeeper John Ruddy but thought his side did not deserve their 3-2 defeat by Dundee United. Keeper Michael Fraser gifted the first goal to United at Fir Park.

"I think people would concede that we played well and I have got to be honest and say that we are missing the goalkeeper, John Ruddy," said Brown.

"He has been hurt for the last couple of games and it's made a big difference because he is a commanding figure."

Replacement Fraser stumbled before his clearance ricocheted off Jon Daly to give United an early lead and the goalkeeper's poor clearance led to the corner from which Daly made the score 2-1.

United's third followed a loose pass forward and then a poor tackle by Chris Humphrey.

The lads are quite aggrieved that Sutton was taken out of the play by the goalkeeper

Motherwell manager Craig Brown"I think we were victims of our own carelessness and we can't complain," said Brown.

"We made the mistakes that gifted the goals to United. I don't think any one of them was not capable of being prevented.

"You saw the first two - I don't think I have seen two more bizarre goals.

"So you give yourself a mountain to climb against arguably the best team in the country at the moment.

"We fought back bravely and I thought we might have had more out of it at the end."

Brown thought that Motherwell should have had a penalty before John Sutton did manage to score his second goal of the game.

"I have seen it and I hate to criticise the referee, but I would ask Mr Murray to look at the 72nd minute on the tape - I have been fortunate enough to; he does not get that privilege," said the Motherwell boss.

"It is unfortunate, it's not his fault, when he was here before, he was the referee when we played Rangers and we were unfortunate in that game with an offside one.

"The lads are quite aggrieved that Sutton was taken out of the play by the goalkeeper."

Motherwell's fourth straight defeat meant they missed the chance to leapfrog into fourth spot ahead of Hibernian.

"We have not had a break or two," said Brown. "Against Celtic in midweek, I think people would concede that we played well.

"I am not concerned about the performances. I am concerned about the results, but the results don't tell the truth. We have been playing well.

"Neutral people would consider that we were at least as good if not better than Dundee United today."

Brown singled out right-back Steven Saunders for praise.

"I thought the young lad Saunders, who came on for his first full game since Archie and I came here, was outstanding," he said.

"So that's great encouragement when you find a young boy who's got a magnificent future in my opinion and playing in such an assured manner."

Hardly a vote of confidence from Craig Brown

Wouldn't imagine Fraser's mood will pick up if he reads this.

"He has been hurt for the last couple of games and it's made a big difference because he is a commanding figure."

The damning quote from the gaffer imo. Ruddy commands his box well and respect from his defenders & opposition players. Unfortunately Michael Fraser doesn't.