Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

For what it's worth, I've seen Heaton play. Very decent keeper, not the best at crosses but a good talker for one so young. Problem is he's very highly rated and the rumours are that Notts Forest are after him. If we were to get him, it'd soon be "John who???", but for that reason I reckon we would have no chance...

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I've seen Heaton play. Very decent keeper, not the best at crosses but a good talker for one so young. Problem is he's very highly rated and the rumours are that Notts Forest are after him. If we were to get him, it'd soon be "John who???", but for that reason I reckon we would have no chance...

Was that when he was still in The Housemartins? :huh:

You must be one of the few that's seen him outwith Football Manager Melv. Respect

I think some posters here have to wind their necks in. A fucking man u player?? Very good. Yes we got a couple of boys from Everton this year but its not like that happens every year does it. I think a good bit of that was down to Gannon.

And yes as someone mentioned. Just because you can get a good young player up from man u, when your playing on your computer, doesnt mean it works like that in real life!

Were McLeish and Roddie not related via eithers marriage?? I recall hearing that Roddie was a relation of McLeish's wife.

Could be one of the many Motherwell Myths right enough.

Yir Elder has confirmed that the Roddie part was a myth. It's possibly stemmed from the Ray Allan signing (The 40 year old keeper from Brechin who we beat off Barca and Milan to sign) who I believe was a relation of McLeish's.

We needed a backup keeper for Woods for the Havnar Boltfelag UEFA Cup games, and he got the last few minutes over in the Faroes by way of a thank you.

Yir Elder has confirmed that the Roddie part was a myth. It's possibly stemmed from the Ray Allan signing (The 40 year old keeper from Brechin who we beat off Barca and Milan to sign) who I believe was a relation of McLeish's.

We needed a backup keeper for Woods for the Havnar Boltfelag UEFA Cup games, and he got the last few minutes over in the Faroes by way of a thank you.

File0048.jpg

:notworthy: