How Much Would You Pay To Watch Motherwell At Home?

andybug

77 members have voted

1. 1. Since the clubs never ask the fans I thought I would

• £10
    • £15
    • £20
    • £25

Scott, I also think your point is valid. However I think the challenge is keeping the fanbase we have because it is indeed dropping. I think if you reduced the prices we will have a better chance of keeping them. It seems to me reading this thread if we reduce prices we are doomed and if we don't we are also doomed but just not as quick.

The status quo is unsustainable! Is it maybe not about time to take the gamble?

£15 seems about right for me with the first under 12 getting in for free and every other child after that at £5. Kids turning up on their own £5 aswell.

As for the unemployed.....it's their choice how they budget their allowance and if going to see the 'Well (or any other club) is that important to them, they'll find a way. Or not.

For me reducing prices will not make any difference in how many games I attend neither will increasing costs, although I would prefer it too be cheaper after all I am Scottish with northern blood :unsure: The biggest downer for me is games played at stupid times for TV i.e. 4.15 ko on a Sunday afternoon and the cost of driving to FP.

The idea of the first kid free is a good one. Perhaps it should be all kids free when with a paying adult or season ticket holder.

When I go on my own I don't buy a programme, don't go to the pie stall at half time and, if I do go in to the Club shop, rarely buy anything. When I take my six year old the programme and visit to the pie stall are a certainty and, more than likely, I'm putting my hand in my pocket in the Club shop. The Club makes money off kids even when they get in for nothing and they also, hopefully, get another fan for life.

That's a fair enough post Scott and i agree pretty much with most of it. However I would add a significant factor. All this shows how the professional game in it's current state is unsustainable. We may be suffering more than most and possibly be in a more delicately poised position - but the same risks are present in many countries including England.

I think we're still a couple of seasons at most away from a complete collapse or split - a ground zero so to speak. In fact it's probably what's needed.

It's a vicious circle / catch 22 at the moment and something very soon on a grand scale will collapse.

Thing is to continue to inflict more and more costs the reduced number people who do support the game week in week out, year on year is not the answer.

The game needs to maximise its sponsorship income, share it more equally across the game, find a sensible admission price level for punters and then cut their cloth to suit.

Addressing all of those factors arse over tit like the SPL for instance do at the moment is unfortunately suicide (slow painful suicide at that).

This will be an interesting close season all across Scotland for season tickets.

Agreed.

To be honest its a daft question, a bit like turkeys voting for christmas.

In every aspect of life if you ask someone how much they should pay etc, they will always want to pay less and get more in return.

We all want to pay a tenner, but if the club can only break even/maintain working cashflow on £18+ then thats what its got to be.

That's a kinda non existent calculation though Stall

No of games x £18 x a gradually decreasing paying punters?

The challenge for the club(s) and the SPL is to make it

No of games x £15 x increasing paying punters

Things can't remain the same and there's been (apart from Boyle's initial period) fuck all in terms of a sustained initiative to attract punters to scottish football.

The clubs continue with the idiotic mindset that their support will turn up and pay whatever they want to charge for every game, regardless.

I genuinely think there's a couple of shocks round the corner for the dimwits

Allocated blocks of seats on a pre sale at reduced prices up till a few days before the match being one that needs to be looked at.

That's a kinda non existent calculation though Stall

No of games x £18 x a gradually decreasing paying punters?

The challenge for the club(s) and the SPL is to make it

No of games x £15 x increasing paying punters

Things can't remain the same and there's been (apart from Boyle's initial period) fuck all in terms of a sustained initiative to attract punters to scottish football.

The clubs continue with the idiotic mindset that their support will turn up and pay whatever they want to charge for every game, regardless.

I genuinely think there's a couple of shocks round the corner for the dimwits

Allocated blocks of seats on a pre sale at reduced prices up till a few days before the match being one that needs to be looked at.

Paying more for the priviledge of standing up would be a good one. At the very least it would generate an 60 page thread on here! :unsure: