Dundee Utd Home 18/4/10

dosser

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think we weren't as bad as some are making out. Certainly, United didn't deserve to win, they were barely seen as an attacking force first 45 yet went in ahead. First part of the second half they did more attacking, but I still felt we deserved at worst a point today. Didnt' help losing Craigan, or having a keeper in goals who seems to inspire confidence in nobody except the opposition. I'm not for slating folk, but he simply will not do.

Good brace from Sutton, work rate once again second to none. Don't see why we can't get something on Saturday, especially if for once we get the breaks this time.

Again we shoot ourselves in the foot :wallbash: That was soooooo there for the taking today and we've blown it.

First half I thought we were as good as I'd dared hope. We were camped in their half for virtually all of it, had scored, should have scored at least one other but....

Fraser's going to get a rough ride and I have to concede its unavoidable. You can give him the benefit of the doubt and lay blame on the pitch but he was culpable for the loss of the corner which lead to the second and would go on to fare badly with their third also. The more he plays the more a concern he becomes. But enough about Fraser there might well be a small thread on the go already....

I also thought we lost our way defensively when Craigan went off. Not only were we weakened organisationally but we also lost the threat and crossing ability from Crazy Legs Saunders when he moved inside. Was it worth the gamble of playing him? That's a few gambles we've taken with Lasley, Jutkiewicz and now Craigan under Paw and Erchie and they've backfired with the players having to go off in the first half.

Was it the right thing to do putting on Humphrey at right. He looked fine there earlier in the season at Hamilton when played there before. I'd have perhaps moved Hateley back in there and brought on another midfielder but then, goal apart when he slipped/was ripped he didn't do too badly.

Its a concern that our achilles heel of losing goals from set-pieces has returned at the worst possible time - that may or not be coincidental with the recent change of 'keeper.

Second half after we conceded the third just seemed like being back at Tannadice a few weeks back where we were going to huff and puff for the rest of the game and be caught on the break. Got a wee bit of hope though with Sutton's second but for the Duke's shot which Webster took the sting out of, we never quite looked like levelling it.

It now turns next week into a major major must not lose game. I just pray Ruddy and Craigan are fit!

I too thought it was a decent team performance. We outplayed Utd, especially in the first half.

On the negative side, Fraser's display may overshadow another player who clearly doesn't look SPL material - Humphrey. Every time he comes on he looks clueless. Punt him in the summer please Craig.

There were a few positives to take from this performance. The work rate was good, the effort and passion was there, and we scored two decent goals. At times we played really well and were worth a point at least. However......

The goals we are shipping just now are shocking, and if that continues then we won't pick up any points. In the last 2 games we would've had to score 5 to gain 2 draws, totally different to the early Brown era.

We sorely miss Ruddy, Crags and Las and fingers crossed they are fit soon. I wouldn't have put Hump on at right back, he's okay going forward but was caught out really badly for Conway's goal.

As for the goalkeeper, well it just wasn't his day was it?!! He was certainly a bit unlucky with the first one when he slipped, and that seemed to affect his confidence throughout the game. His mistake there indirectly lead to goal number two as he was nervy any time he received a passback. He should've done better at the third goal too.

We badly need a clean sheet and even a point, and it has to come next week.

My opinion on the "goalkeeper" is on the other thread.

No way did we deserve to lose that today. If any other goalkeeper we've had in my lifetime (including Stevie Woods) had been playing we would've got at least a draw. First half we were by far the better team and did well to get back on level terms after that calamitous mistake. Utd were hardly up the park. Just like at Parkhead, Craigan going off was a massive blow.

2nd half the wind was knocked out our sails by losing a third and after that until the ref starting giving us fuck all, which inadvertently got us playing better and we got one back.

Playing Humphrey at right back was a major mistake by Broon in my opinion.

Special mention to the referee who was fucking atrocious. How and why Gomis wasn't sent off beggars belief. There were a few major shouts for fouls in their half that weren't given, Daly should've been booked for diving also.

I predicted Utd would win before the game, but they didn't win it, the goalie threw it away.

Seasons not over and we certainly deserve to have taken more points from the last 3 games than 0, even if that was only 2. Need to go to Tynecastle and get something now. Even if it's only a point.

Undone by a combination of lack of strength in depth in certain positions plus the pitch aint got any better despite the recent improvement in climate. Undermined what was a decent shift by many across the team. Fraser had a 'mare for the first, which basically undermined anything else he tried to do in the rest of the game, plus also the back fours confidence in him, catch 22. He aint even decent backup standard for the SPL and we've been seriously spoilt by Ruddy thus far.

The Hump is many things, but not a right back, would've put Hately in at RB, and the Hump in front of him out wide. For the Conway goal, he slipped, lost a couple of yards which Conway to be fair capitalised on, still think Ruddy would've held his shot but it's the old if yer maw had baws argument...

We seriously need about 4 points from the Edinburgh mobs, however canny see it unless Ruddy makes a return. We may have to rely on Hibs freefall continuing, and greetin' faced Jims mob being unable to make up the gap.

Aye but a win today would have practically tied up 5th (pos europe) let alone put us 4th (def europe).

We were shite but particularly at fault for me:

Fraser - Absolute fannypad of a Goalkeeper

Coke - Imposter of a footballer - seriously shouldn't be wanting to sign this guy up!

Brown - Why put a Right Winger at Right Back when you have a guy ON THE PARK who has played at RB for 4 months? Should have went 4-4-2 when Craggs went off. Has to take the blame.

Oh and Murphy is WAY short of SPL standards and time is running out for the 'Still Young' patter from folk on here. He has nothing.

What I thought. Hateley to right back and Forbes into the centre of midfield. Four players who have experience at the back, O'Brien, Forbes, Jennings, and Coke in midfield and (eventually) Sutton and Lukas up front.

Team playeed well imo. Fraser just sold us out.

I thought we played well today and were by far the better team. United did fuck all and won through 3 mistakes. Michael Fraser can get to fuck. I would have him at fault for all 3 goals. Where was the marking at their second goal though? :wallbash:

I think Brown made the wrong choice in putting Humphrey at right back when Craigan got injured. We would of been better with Hateley there. He also should of used a third sub, maybe giving the young boy Smith a chance, whose finishing looked impressive in the warm up and at half time.

Are the people sitting in the Motherwell end actually supporters?

All i've heard so far is heckling.

looks like all the real fans were glued to their keyboards slaughtering the people who actually turned out for the match

Special mention to the referee who was fucking atrocious. How and why Gomis wasn't sent off beggars belief. There were a few major shouts for fouls in their half that weren't given, Daly should've been booked for diving also.

I'd agree with that assessment. The referee didn't seem to know what he was doing and Brown criticised him on the radio over the Sutton/punch in the face/penalty incident, albeit in his own over-polite way.

That was a shocking decision though, you could hear the slap from halfway up the Cooper. If someone stuck the nut in the goalie it would be an automatic free-kick, so why not when the goalie lamps the striker?

Humphrey at right back brought back shades of Yassin for me, and not just down to the colour of their skin unfortunately.

Over the piece, I thought we were well worth at least a point, felt we dominated pretty much the whole match bar a ten minute period around their third goal, on another day with another keeper we win that 2-0/1 and are talking about a great win and performance against the form team in Scotland, as it is we are bemoaning another loss and an abysmal goalkeeper.

what really got to me was at the start of the match we never seemed to have a left midfielder at all. Ithink coke was ment to be playing out there but every time someone went to play the ball out there no one was there. Sutton fell back there as no one else was going there which ment we only had 1 up front.

The worry for me now is the Hearts game next Saturday. Tynecastle has never been the easiest place for us to get a result and we potentially have Ruddy, Craigan, Lasley, and Lukas all out injured or far from 100% match fit. The physio needs to work round the clock on Ruddy and Craigan specifically this week.

What is refreshing is Paw Broon does not make any excuses for Fraser. H e made a total b@lls of it today- no excuses.

We have had umptenn opportunities to ctach up to Hibs and move further ahead of Hearts and we make a pigs ear of it.

In some resepcts I am happy I will not need to spend a small fortune following Motherwell around Europe, because quite honestly after today it just aint going to happen.

I am usually a glass half full kind of guy, but with Fraser in goal I will not be watching the team again.......simple because I do not want to be present when he makes a total arse of it again....fingers crossed we can do it, but the injuries have really started to kick in.

We're Motherwell, we have what we have. We've been spoiled with Ruddy this season and back to Earth with Fraser today. Felt sorry for him with the first, confidence obviously affected with the second coming from his panicky back pass dealings, third one have a look further out though. He's easy option for that yin but guy left one for dead and two sprawled on the floor.

Takes me onto another point, passing the ball back needlessly. Not intended as a defence of Fraser but in general why the fuck do defenders pass the ball back when the goalie is only going to (hopefully) punt it forward. Why don't the defenders punt it forward, or in Reynolds case today put it out, considering they're usually 20 yards further upfield than the keeper. Safety first would have prevented goals 1 & 2 today and many more heart stopping moments over the years besides.

"CANNY SCORE FAE A SHY" as I was told at primary school. :D

My 2nd half got ruined by some fanny sitting behind me kept shouting the worst/cringyest things ive ever heard at football. I was in the east stand up next to the cooper, i probably wasny the only person that got pissed of by him i was sitting with my back to him thinking what this c**t must look like then decided he was a wee neddy prick about 18, When i did see him he was atleast 30 :D

I was in the row in front of him, total non-entity :lol: Had the cheek to call Dundee United fans junkie pricks :D

All that aside, was a good performance. Felt Sutton and Saunders were by far the best on the park for us today.

We were badly caught out defensively for second and third goals but Fraser never helped matters much. The less said about his performance the better.

Badly need a result next week.

What the fuck was broon thinking playing humphrey at RB instead of Hately as well?

The sensible thing to do would've been to move Hately to RB, Coke into the middle, Move O'Brien over to the left and put Humphrey on right wing. Just don't get it myself :unsure:

What the fuck was broon thinking playing humphrey at RB instead of Hately as well?

The sensible thing to do would've been to move Hately to RB, Coke into the middle, Move O'Brien over to the left and put Humphrey on right wing. Just don't get it myself :unsure:

It's like juggling soot sometimes

One of our worst league attendances in recent times. Only a midweek match against Kilmarnock and an end of season match against Inverness have been poorer in the last 5 years.

I would't expect it to get any better next season. Sub 3000 crowds will be common place and not just a Fir Park either. Fans are now rapidly voting with their feet and deserting every SPL club at an alarming rate.

I would't expect it to get any better next season. Sub 3000 crowds will be common place and not just a Fir Park either. Fans are now rapidly voting with their feet and deserting every SPL club at an alarming rate.

will the people running the game react to falling crowds or will they continue to bury their head in the sand.live football and excessive prices are strangling our game, yet no one seems to be accountable or willing to bring about any sort of lasting change.