Where's The Nearest Bookies

Ian-in-Oz

What odds do you reckon i'd get at the bookies for betting that our first game next season will be away to Inverness? I'd be willing to bet my mortgage on it coz we always get the tie no one else wants. SPL w*@#ers

I'll give you 'Hoose for Hoose' on that bet :whistling:

We should be starting next season with a home game.

It's well over due, started away for the last 3 seasons.

07/08 - St Mirren, away

08/09 - Hearts, away

09/10 - St Johnstone, away

EDIT: And both times previous to this when we started with a home game, they were against one of the OF.

We'd probably take a decent support with us due to the season opener factor

and I know a few that would make the trip that day but not a week or so later,

But what if we are travelling back from a Euro away game at 'middle'o'nowhere FC' :thumbup:

would prefer a cheaper day at Fir Park than the added expense of an away trip.

and the club might want to challenge the Fixtures commitee on this matter, cash flow might very well mean a much needed injection is required sooner than later.

throw into the mix, the pitch might want to be 'rested' a week or too longer after more remedial work, and who the hell would want to be a General manager at MFC :wacko:

So to re-cap. Maybes aye Maybes naw :P

Would rather it was Motherwell vs Inverness but either way hope we avoid the OF on opening day.

Inverness have to be at home first game to unfurl the Division One flag. Much better to be travelling away to newly promoted teams a few weeks into the season when their confidence is low coz they've had a few humpings as opposed to first game of the season when the place is buzzing and the team is full of confidence.

Inverness have to be at home first game to unfurl the Division One flag. Much better to be travelling away to newly promoted teams a few weeks into the season when their confidence is low coz they've had a few humpings as opposed to first game of the season when the place is buzzing and the team is full of confidence.

St Mirren come to mind on both counts. I'm sure they started their SPL stint with an away game at Inverness on the opening day so perhaps you don't always get scheduled at home.

But they did have the buzz and confidence you speak of, albeit we were particularly inept under Maurice Malpas at the time.