Rhys Weston

Kat

If Gannon was still here we wouldn't have seen Ruddy or Juke past January. Jennings has already signed up to stay, so the only potential missed opportunity would be Hateley. But then it's not really a missed opportunity because I don't think anyone could have predicted his form when he first signed, and if he does go it will be because his form has earned him a move outwith what we could afford.

Until I see it officially confirmed it hasn't happened.

You gott love the headline. The story says anything but what the headline suggests........

Weston set for Motherwell switch

Tuesday 4th May 2010 16:00

Walsall have parted company with Rhys Weston by mutual consent, paving the way for a possible switch to SPL side Motherwell.The 29-year-old defender linked up Craig Brown's side last Tuesday for a two-day trial before returning to the midlands ahead of the club's 1-1 draw at Carlisle.

The decision not to offer Weston a new contract with his current deal set to expire at the end of this season gives Well the opportunity to snap up his services on a free transfer should Brown have liked what he saw.

The former Wales international, who joined the Saddlers in 2007, would likely jump at the chance to ply his trade in the SPL with his wife being from Scotland and his family also based north of the border.

Weston has left the League One club along with striker Sam Parkin, and Walsall manager Chris Hutchings told the club's official website: "I'd like to thank Rhys and Sam for their hard work and effort.

"Rhys has been here for three seasons and has been a valuable member of the squad.

"I sat down with him and we have both agreed to go our separate ways.

"We wish both players all the best for the future."

Anyone reckon he's better than anyone mentioned in the relegation buying thread?

No idea. All I know is he's had off field problems due to family, and is looking for a club in Scotland hence why he asked to leave and find a club in Scotland.

Although his history is of "what if's" but all it takes is the right club with the right manager to get the best out of a player. If we sign him, good luck - if not then fai play hope he finds the right club for him and his family.