Rhys Weston

Kat

Was reading Pa broon has got Rhys weston training with the club as he plans on our assult on the league next season. Sound like he is getting frustrated at players who are not commiting to the club.

Not bad player by looks of things, Welsh rightback, Capped 7 times played for arsenal, cardiff, port vale and walsall.

A move north would suit the 29-year-old as he has family ties in Glasgow and Motherwell could offer European football should they finish fourth in the SPL.

Walsall boss Chris Hutchings said today: “Rhys’ wife is from Scotland and he sought my permission to link-up with Motherwell for a short trial. I gave him permission on that basis but he will be back training with us before the end of the week.”

He's away back now.....

FORMER Cardiff City defender Rhys Weston is back with Coca-Cola League club Walsall after spending two days on trial with Motherwell.

Former Scotland manager Craig Brown, in charge pf Motherwell, is keen on former Welsh international Weston and says: “He can play anywhere in defence.

“We have a young squad and Rhys could help lift our levels of experience.”

Weston, 29, is out of contract at Walsall this summer and has also attracted interest from Leeds United.

Lukas wasn't a 29 year old who has dropped down divisions from the start of his career.

Aye but at the other end of the spectrum the word was Lukas was crippled with the pressure of being a £1m player and was not worth that nor was he that good.

If its same player im thinking of im glad he never got signed he has no pace at all and is a bit of a fruitcake would be suspended often can get better.im sure he played against Motherwell for Cardiff in a friendly few years back

Was that the game where Sam Hammam took a wander round the pitch and chatted away to the Well fans?

Rhys Weston isn't really the way we should be going. Bit of a journeyman who's career has been in constant decline.

Yes we should bring in experienced players but it needs to be ones with proper heads on their shoulders that will help the young boys flourish. Professionals who fall into the same category as Weir, Alexander, Dailly etc.

For that reason I'd be happier with Jack Ross than Rhys Weston.

Somebody got Gannon's mobile, see who he'd recommend? :notworthy:

Spot on, as much as I citicised the way he went about his business at FP he certainly had an eye for a player.

When you think about Ruddy, Juke, Hateley and Jennings I don't think we will ever sign such a quality batch of players again who match their footballing ability with a top notch attitude and respect for all things Motherwell.

It's going to be a missed opportunity seeing at least two of these players leave next week.

If Gannon was still here we wouldn't have seen Ruddy or Juke past January. Jennings has already signed up to stay, so the only potential missed opportunity would be Hateley. But then it's not really a missed opportunity because I don't think anyone could have predicted his form when he first signed, and if he does go it will be because his form has earned him a move outwith what we could afford.