Europe Here We Come

gordy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the club been informed that we've already lost the game on Wednesday?

It might be an idea for someone to let them know as John Boyle might be able to just forfeit the game, thus sparing us the criticism about how bad our pitch is going to look on Sky Sports.

Have the club been informed that we've already lost the game on Wednesday?

It might be an idea for someone to let them know as John Boyle might be able to just forfeit the game, thus sparing us the criticism about how bad our pitch is going to look on Sky Sports.

I normally agree with you, Jay, and I'm not saying we will lose on Wednesday night, but allow me to be a bit pessimistic as we go into the game without the two guys who've been our two best centre midfielders since January...

I normally agree with you, Jay, and I'm not saying we will lose on Wednesday night, but allow me to be a bit pessimistic as we go into the game without the two guys who've been our two best centre midfielders since January...

Oh aye, don't get me wrong - Jennings and Lasley have been superb and were integral to the great run we went on when Brown & Knox first arrived.

I just think it's a bit harsh to be getting so pessimistic that some are on the verge of conceeding defeat. We're going into the second last game of the season at home to a side who've lost something like 6 or 7 on the trot, knowing that a victory will secure 4th spot and send us into Europe. I would have thought that that would be reason enough for some optimism!

But then again, we are Motherwell fans... :whistling:

Forbes has easily been the biggest let down of the season for me.

Think he needs another season on loan/in reserves.

I'd say Forbes is just a bog-standard SPL level player, but I agree his great strikes in Europe and against St. Johnstone gave the impression that he was going to be something more.

For Wednesday, my midfield would be Humphrey--Hateley--Coke--O'Brien.

I'd say Forbes is just a bog-standard SPL level player, but I agree his great strikes in Europe and against St. Johnstone gave the impression that he was going to be something more.

I'm still unconvinced by Humphrey. Great pace but I'm struggling to see more than that.

I'b be inclined to go with Hateley-Forbes-Coke-O'Brien myself.

I'm still unconvinced by Humphrey. Great pace but I'm struggling to see more than that.

I'b be inclined to go with Hateley-Forbes-Coke-O'Brien myself.

five across the middle?

are you a registered player?

Yeah that's what I mean, got the impression we had a lot more to see from him. But he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony.

I would also go with that midfield 4.

Slight problem with Humphrey is that for me he seems more like an impact player, one of those players that seems more effective as a sub.

Forbes has easily been the biggest let down of the season for me.

His debut season , around 9 goals from midfield in about 25 starts and he's been the biggest let down of the season ?

What were you expecting from him ? :lol:

I'm mentally preparing myself for crushing disappointment on Wednesday. Consider the variables...

- Massive winner takes all game.

- Lowered the prices to encourage a big noisy support.

- Other team lost 6 in a row.

- Best two midfielders missing.

A stick on away win I'm afraid.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Is it? I thought they were a point behind us so we, technically, could still do it by beating Rnagers and them losing to whoever? Tell me I didn't get that wrong or does the season effectively end on Wed??!!

I think most people's feelings are that we are unlikely to beat Rangers at Ibrox whilst Hibs COULD beat Dun Utd. I may be wrong though.

I think most people's feelings are that we are unlikely to beat Rangers at Ibrox whilst Hibs COULD beat Dun Utd. I may be wrong though.

Never mind unlikely, there's no fucking chance so we better win on Wednesday, this team doesn't have the bottle to beat the Old Firm at their place.

A draw wouldnae be a total disaster, would make for a nervous day on saturday with Hibs having to take something from thier game against Dundee Utd.

Before the last game your gonnae get all the crap from the Utd camp that players are playing for a cup final starting place but the truth is they will rest their key players & the ones who do play will be fairying around just trying to get through the 90mins without picking up an injury that could make them miss the final. If Hibs don't take anything from that game then they are even worse than they look. Im afraid im shitting myself about Wednesday anything less than a win & we will need to rely on Utd doing us a favour in the cup final.