Craig Brown's Contract

Aidy Mcd

i was watching the game today on sky and ian crocker mentioned in comentry that craig brown didnt have a contract beyond the summer. I thought when he got the job he signed an 18 month contract anybody got any info as i wouldnt like him to leave.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same worries but then remembered something along the lines of CB & AK were waiting on getting players signed up before signing anything themselves and stuff, or thats what I remember from it.

I'm sure there was a verbal agreement though that they would be here til the end of next season and it would just have to be signed!?

Brown speaks on the official site about it:

The Motherwell boss also took the opportunity to quash any suggestions that his future may lay away from Fir Park. It was reported in the press that Craig Brown and Archie Knox have been working without a contract, but the ‘Motherwell man’ Brown doesn’t see that as a problem and is already looking forward to next campaign.

“Archie and I are actually in a very similar position to the Rangers management team. We are appreciative to Motherwell for giving us the opportunity to coach at this level again, and we agreed a wee while ago that we would stay on. Whether we have a written contract is not an issue.” He confirmed.

“Just like Walter (Smith) is happy to work without a contract because he is a Rangers man, I’m happy to do the same as I’m a Motherwell man. I’ve always had an affinity with Motherwell since I have been involved with the club.”

I wasn't happy when I heard that Brown and Knox were our management team. However, the manner in which the team has played since their arrival and his statement today that " I am a Motherwell man" makes me wonder why I doubted him. I look forward to the start of next season with baited breath. Away the 'Well

Craig Brown is an honourable man and won't screw us over. The business of signing new players, persuading Jennings, Hateley and Coke to stay, and getting as much dough as possible for Mark Reynolds begins now.

Craig Brown's Motherwell Army!!!

I would've sworn I read that he had signed an 18 month contract. Or did I imagine it? If I could be arsed I'd try and find the proof.

He agreed to stay to the end of next season after being asked by Boyle.

Motherwell confirmed last week that Brown and assistant Archie Knox would remain in the post until the end of the season at least, and the former Scotland manager now has assurances that his stay will be extended further.

"We have the job until the end of the following season," Brown said today.

"I don't know if I've said that to you, but the chairman asked us to stay on for at least 18 months. So we are committed.

Who was the last Motherwell manager to work in such a non-contractual manner? :lol:

Who was the last Motherwell manager to work in such a non-contractual manner who understands a gentlemans agreement?

And Mr Gannon was sacked, he didn't walk away. So what is your comparison? That we'll sack Brown for not signing a contract? :wacko: Don't get it.

Broon may be a Motherwell man but when he was Scotland manager he had a funny way of showing it. Distinctly remember him always overlooking Motherwell players unless it was a B international. At the time we had players who were more than capable of doing a job for Scotland & as usual as soon as any of them left 'Well for a 'bigger' team they went straight into the next Scotland squad :lol:

Who was the last Motherwell manager to work in such a non-contractual manner who understands a gentlemans agreement?

And Mr Gannon was sacked, he didn't walk away. So what is your comparison? That we'll sack Brown for not signing a contract? :nod: Don't get it.

I think you're being silly and difficult and choosing to listen to what you want to listen to. :nod:

Very similar circumstance to JG IMHO.

Aye it is....

Apart from Brown & Knox are liked by the players - and I bet Knox is a tougher task manager than Gannon was albeit fairer

Apart from Brown isn't going to disappear down to England when he's meant to take training

Apart from Brown seems to be rather good at Man Management, on and off the field

Apart from Brown isn't going to throw on a 17 year old kid when there is someone of more veteran status (ala Sutton) on the bench to stroke his own ego

Apart from Brown seems to find it easier juggling soot :nod:

Apart from Brown is a "Motherwell man!!" :nod:

Broon may be a Motherwell man but when he was Scotland manager he had a funny way of showing it. Distinctly remember him always overlooking Motherwell players unless it was a B international. At the time we had players who were more than capable of doing a job for Scotland & as usual as soon as any of them left 'Well for a 'bigger' team they went straight into the next Scotland squad :nod:

He had Brian Martin, Rab McKinnnon and Stevie Woods (no really), all in the same squad. I'm sure it was Brown who gave Uncle Phil his only cap. And I think he might, maybe just had Lambert involved at some point, though don't think he played.

I may have made that last one up.