Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

i saw humphrey cuttting about in a pair of mfc trackies this afternoon. does anyone know if we're back in training or was it washing day?

:lol:

Hopefully be doing a bit of early preseaon training but obviously not wanting to get his own gear dirty.

From the 'fishel site:

We’ve got a Spanish lad, Carlos Gazapo, coming in on trial. He spent last season with Rayo Vallecano. The season before he finished the league’s top scorer with Vallecas so we’ll have a look at him to see how he shows up in training.”

Updated post 1, looking at Rayo Vallecano on Wikipedia, did OK in the Spanish 1st division around 10 years or so, stayed there for 4 seasons. Since then dropped down and bobbed along a bit, trying to think who would be comparable in the Championship currently to that sort of form/history.

Actually ...... Spanish Wikipedia link This is where he was before Rayo Vallecano. It references him in the second paragraph. 3,000 seater stadium called Our Lady of the Tower (looks like Dalziel astroturf up at Cleland estate) he may feel at home with a certain high school nearby, finished 9th behind the Real Madrid 3rd team in the 3rd division. Auld Craigie likes a bit of spin does he not?

Forward?

If he's a defender we've won a watch with 23 goals in one season.

Craig Brown on the official site.

We have lost four players, well, two for sure in Jim O’Brien and Michael McGlinchey but most probably four if you add John Ruddy and Lukas Jutkiewicz.

No mention of Coke so does that mean he's staying?

Dunno .... also as much as I like Reynolds thought there may have been some news on a transfer by now and some wonga (to potentially buy some toffees). Can't help feeling the longer it goes on we may end up with news of a pre-contract signing in January and MFC getting bugger all .... again.

Updated post 1, looking at Rayo Vallecano on Wikipedia, did OK in the Spanish 1st division around 10 years or so, stayed there for 4 seasons. Since then dropped down and bobbed along a bit, trying to think who would be comparable in the Championship currently to that sort of form/history.

Actually ...... Spanish Wikipedia link This is where he was before Rayo Vallecano. It references him in the second paragraph. 3,000 seater stadium called Our Lady of the Tower (looks like Dalziel astroturf up at Cleland estate) he may feel at home with a certain high school nearby, finished 9th behind the Real Madrid 3rd team in the 3rd division. Auld Craigie likes a bit of spin does he not?

If he's a defender we've won a watch with 23 goals in one season.

:lol:

I posted that before I did any research.....although I don't need to now. Good work LT.

Craig Brown on the official site.

We have lost four players, well, two for sure in Jim O'Brien and Michael McGlinchey but most probably four if you add John Ruddy and Lukas Jutkiewicz.

No mention of Coke so does that mean he's staying?

You know I only realised that a wee while after reading Brown's quotes. I wouldn't say it looks too good if he isn't at training on Monday but stranger things have happened. As for Reynolds I would be still surprised if he was with us for the start of the new league season. Worth remembering that Quinn and Clarkson reported for training before our game with Llanelli but were both pretty much gone by the time the first week was done.

I am certain that Reynolds won't do the dirty on us, being one of us himself. He's always said that when he leaves Motherwell he wants to ensure the club get a fee for him.

I am certain that Reynolds won't do the dirty on us, being one of us himself. He's always said that when he leaves Motherwell he wants to ensure the club get a fee for him.

While that might well be the case, it might be that he finds that other clubs are not willing to pay a fee for him however are willing to offer him a signing on fee and salary. It might be outwith his control...

Article in the days sun about this Carlos Gazapo lad..

MOTHERWELL are set to take ex-Real Madrid kid Carlos Gazapo on trial.

The towering Spanish striker will join Craig Brown's squad when they report back for pre-season training on Monday.

Gazapo, 25, is a free agent after quitting Rayo Vallecano.

Well boss Brown confirmed: "We have one or two coming in on trial. Carlos is one player we will be taking a look at.

"He was top scorer for Rayo Vallecano and second top scorer in the Spanish Second Division two seasons ago.

"Injury prevented him from building on that last year.

"But he's fully fit now and he's coming to join us for a trial.

"He scored 20 goals in 28 games in season 2009/10 and his background is Real Madrid, he spent five years there as a kid.

"He went full time after leaving Madrid and he's someone we're going to have a look at."

Brown, just back from covering the World Cup for Al Jazeera, is working hard to try and strengthen his squad after losing Jim O'Brien, with Mark Reynolds also set to move on.

He hasn't given up hope of re-signing Everton duo John Ruddy and Lukas Jutkiewicz on loan - while Giles Coke has been set a June 30 deadline on the deal he's been offered.

Brown stressed: "I would like to get my squad together for July 9. That's the target and that's the ideal scenario.

"We have feelers out and players coming in on trial.

"We're still waiting to hear what is happening with John and Lukas. Giles is another one we'd like to keep and he's been offered a deal.

"I think he has one or two options to consider, he has until the end of the month to make his mind up."

While that might well be the case, it might be that he finds that other clubs are not willing to pay a fee for him however are willing to offer him a signing on fee and salary. It might be outwith his control...

Was just about to post the same. I can't see any club dishing out £500k+ for Reynolds just now when they can get him on a pre-contract in Jan. As much as Reynolds wanted to earn us some money, financial constraints elsewhere may be dictating otherwise.

Edit - the Sun suggests he will move on.

Melvin's right, Reynolds may have no control over things, we could lose out to an astute financial director at a bigger club. I think the best we can hope for we get a bidding war this summer.

Coke .... 6 days and counting.

Anyone got an idea of the second trialist?

The information on Carlos I found on Wikipedia seems different to what Craig seems to be telling the press. I don't know if there's an agent bumming him up a little, Brown not doing his homework or getting stuff confused. "Towering" wouldn't exactly be the traditional type of player to compliment someone like Sutton who's main game is with is head also, however I'll happily be proved wrong.

Melvin's right, Reynolds may have no control over things, we could lose out to an astute financial director at a bigger club. I think the best we can hope for we get a bidding war this summer.

Coke .... 6 days and counting.

Anyone got an idea of the second trialist?

The information on Carlos I found on Wikipedia seems different to what Craig seems to be telling the press. I don't know if there's an agent bumming him up a little, Brown not doing his homework or getting stuff confused. "Towering" wouldn't exactly be the traditional type of player to compliment someone like Sutton who's main game is with is head also, however I'll happily be proved wrong.

Lukas did no' too bad, he's no' exactly wee.

Brandy released from Man United. Been bouncing around the lower leagues on various loan spells.

Worth a trial maybe.

Saw him play for Hereford against Leeds at Edgar St last year. Looked a pretty decent prospect, was certainly the Bulls best player that night. Would imagine he was on fairly decent coin though.

Lukas did no' too bad, he's no' exactly wee.

Granted, but I felt last season Lukas was more suited to shooting and Sutton to heading, therefore complimenting each other. At present I'll take anyone who interacts well with Murphy, McHugh and Sutton.

Lets not forget Nacho Novo was an unknown in Spain before he went to Raith Rovers then Dundee. I'm hopeful.