Granpa Broon

fatcalf

Sporting Life says....

Craig Brown has revealed agents have approached him offering to attempt to negotiate a move to Celtic.

But the Motherwell manager has dismissed suggestions he could act as a mentor for Neil Lennon at Parkhead.

The 69-year-old has moved to deny speculation he could be recruited as an experienced figure to work alongside Lennon, who was installed as interim boss following the departure of Tony Mowbray.

Brown - who enjoyed a successful campaign at Fir Park and led Motherwell to a Europa League spot - has had no talks with the Celtic hierarchy.

He told the Evening Times: "I've had no contact whatsoever with Celtic, although I've had a couple of agents phoning to ask if they would like to represent me and put my case to the club. I said no to them."

Republic of Ireland national team boss Giovanni Trapattoni has also been linked with a move to the Celtic management team to work with Lennon.

I firmly believe that Craig Brown is far too honourable a man to even consider screwing us over in that way. If he says he doesn't need a contract and that he'll be with us next season then that's good enough for me.

This seems very lazy of Shellic to consider approaching our gaffer, not to mention the arrogance of assuming he jump at the first opportunity. If he tells them to bolt then great, should send a message to them that the Shellic job aint the be all and end all.

I firmly believe that Craig Brown is far too honourable a man to even consider screwing us over in that way. If he says he doesn't need a contract and that he'll be with us next season then that's good enough for me.

This seems very lazy of Shellic to consider approaching our gaffer, not to mention the arrogance of assuming he jump at the fiest opportunity. If he tells them to bolt then great, should send a message to them that the Shellic job aint the be all and end all.

Ditto.

This seems very lazy of Shellic to consider approaching our gaffer, not to mention the arrogance of assuming he jump at the first opportunity. If he tells them to bolt then great, should send a message to them that the Shellic job aint the be all and end all.

Aye, so lazy and arrogant, them at the San Giro/Knew Camp haven't approached anybody! It's agents willing to work on his behalf and state a claim for such a role at the San Giro/knew Camp... He knows the game does Mr Brown. Wouldn't be like the old fox to have tipped the media a nod now would it? Say, for an increase in budget? :rolleyes:

Aye, so lazy and arrogant, them at the San Giro/Knew Camp haven't approached anybody! It's agents willing to work on his behalf and state a claim for such a role at the San Giro/knew Camp... He knows the game does Mr Brown. Wouldn't be like the old fox to have tipped the media a nod now would it? Say, for an increase in budget? :rolleyes:

Sooo cynical!!! But probably quite true! Be interesting to see if the transfer coffers are bulked up by this!

Just how paranoid are these f*ckers....

Paranoia in the extreme........

It’s the silly season right enough, too much sun isn’t good for you. Kris Boyd to Celtic the headline screams out; I would suggest, there is more chance of the Rev Ian Paisley being the next leader of the Garvacghy Road Tenants Association than there is of Boyd joining Celtic. If you really wanted to play in an empty stadium; that would be one full-proof way to do it.

Another headline was Craig Brown to Celtic as General Manager; who writes these stories? Wee Craig replied by saying that an agent approached him; who was the agent? Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York; I don’t think even she could stoop that low.

It would appear that the lap top loyal have nothing positive to write about the Evil Empire, so they do what they do best, make up stories about Celtic, the Boyd one is one of the classics, I had to check the calendar to see if I had been transported back to April 1st.

I think the best way to deal with sports writers would be to give them contracts that finish when the season finishes; although, quite frankly, I would rather give contracts for most of them to Paul Ferris.

With no world cup for them to waffle on about they just practise talking absolute nonsense to keep their hand in for when the season starts again, they don’t need much practise in that department.

The obvious story of the close season will be who the new Celtic Manager is; the hacks will go on to tell us how they will fail with no money to spend on transfers; and how our best players will be sold to finance any that do take place. If you are looking for doom and gloom, Celtic Park is the place to go; well according to the laptop loyal.

I heard that Strathclydes Drug Squad raided Motherwell’s Fir Park yesterday morning; after an extensive and detailed search of the ground, they had to admit defeat; they just couldn’t find any GRASS anywhere. Thanks to jbd for that one.

"I think the best way to deal with sports writers would be to give them contracts that finish when the season finishes; although quite frankly, I would rather give contracts for most of them to Paul Ferris."

No, the best way to 'deal' with sports writers is to stop buying and reading the rags that they write in. If most people did that then it would hurt them and their employers in the pockets. However there's no chance of that ever happening, because there's too many numpties like the author of that piece who just can't stop reading the tabloids in order to find something to either be offended by or to use as an excuse to pedal their paranoid ramblings.

It must be great being a football hack, all you need to do is pull some wild stories out of nothing - ie. do their job -, then watch as the Celtic fans get up in arms about it on the internet with their blustering rants or 'calls to arms' whilst you're getting paid for it.

Seen Craig Brown last night.

As a 6th year pupil of Braidhurst, i went along to Linlithgow to watch the under 13's Scottish Cup Final which was Braidhurst against Cults Academy, which finished 6-1 in the end.

But I was walking round to buy a drink, and there was Brown standing on the phone, talking about the game. Also, at half time, in which the game was level at 1-1, Brown went into the Braidhurst changing room and told the boys if they kept playing the way they were, they would run away with the game, he could never have been more correct.

However, I think he would be a major loss if he went to Celtic, so hopefully it doesn't happen !