Hateley

Bop

We are taking a bit of a risk by giving him a 3 year contract but we've obviously made that investment with the view of selling him on after a year or two.

That might work out as I definitely think Hateley, playing as he did for the first four fifths of last season could play at a higher level and would attract cash bids.

The doubt lies in whether he will repeat that form.

I hope he goes back to right back next season because I think it was apparent he couldn't play in a four man midfield.

Right back, yes. Anchor man, yes. Central midfield, no.

Good news. Whilst there were some disappointing games last season on the whole he was a steady eddie for us and pretty dependable. Rarely injured, good crosser has a shot from a dead ball and a great intelligence. At our level you will struggle to get much more. If we can push him on a bit there is the potential for a good move in a year to 18 months and if not he should remain a reliable professional at our level (a la Craigan). All good.

Great news. Must be the dream team of Jack and Victor thats kept him here.

Could also have been his dad aswell though, maybe said hes working with two of the best in the business. Get a great year or two under his belt and then get sold on for a fairly sizeable sum and much higher wages.

Just my thoughts mind ;)

Great signing, i think he will be heare for at least a year if he keeps up a good level of play and consistency, then we may cash in on him. Im absouloutley delighted with this signing.

We still need one or two players in. Another Striker or Attacking Midfield and Defence.