Ayr Friendly

brisbaneMFC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested, there`s a bus that runs from hamilton bus station to Ayr every hour. It only stops at Kilmarnock and then right into the Ayr bus station 55mins. and only £12 return

The bus stops at East Kilbride, Kilmarnock & Prestwick on route to Ayr.

It would be interesting to see your reaction when you spot the ground for the first time Barnsley

It's hard to know how to describe it but once you pass Newton-on-Ayr station for about the half a mile or so its like being transferred into a 1920's How We Used to Live episode that they used to show you in primary school.

Loads and of disused railways lines leading into a railway yard with decaying trains and wagons set against the backdrop of decaying Somerset Park.

Doesn't paint a very nice impression but the ground itself is a pretty good reminder of what used to be the norm two or three decades ago and for that opportunity and to sample terracing again is worth the trip.

So is it the 12 o clock to AYR or 12:30 to Newton on Ayr the station near the stadium ?

My preference is for the one that take us to Ayr Central, get a bevvy in Burns Statue Square then pile up to Somerset.

I suppose if you are going to play poorly in a friendly prior to a big European game, it might as well be when the manager of the team is in the crowd. False sense of security and all that..........

I suppose if you are going to play poorly in a friendly prior to a big European game, it might as well be when the manager of the team is in the crowd. False sense of security and all that..........
I also imagine that the players won't be getting stuck in too much in case they pick up an injury before their first competitive game.