Vs Brechin, Forfar And, Ayr United

Finlay

I know this is only a friendly and solely arranged to give the squad match practice and work on their fitness before our first Europa League game a week on Thursday.......but I thought I'd try and generate some discussion nonetheless :D

Looking to head up to the game myself. Not too sure what CB and AK will do in the sense of giving established first team players like Craigan, Hammell, Jennings, Hateley, Sutton, Murphy etc. 90 minutes or whether he will try and give the whole squad some game time. Be interesting to see what he does with the goalkeeping position. I take it Fraser is still in SA and won't be available. Does he give the full 90 mins to Randolph or 45 mins each to our apparent new number one and Hollis? Does he play Hutchinson instead of Reynolds incase the latter is away come the 15th?

Regardless of result I'd like to see how the team *might* shape up for next season and maybe even get to see a few of the new 'graduates' from our under 19 team make an appearance.

Still think we will win 3-0 though :D:P

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's about as tough an opener as we could have got ourselves, Brechin aint no mugs. However, start as you mean to go on 4-2 Motherwell I think.

End of the day this is only about getting players game time and match sharpness back. Not going to lose sleep whatever happens as these games are rarely a true indication of whats to come. However will be interested to see the Cypriot, the goalkeeper and how we line up up front. Is there a deadline for signings for the Breidablik games?

Is there a deadline for signings for the Breidablik games?

Aye, this coming Friday. I expect that we'll see a strong side but with a couple of youngsters and maybe a trialist on show too. We'll probably mix things up over the Brechin and Forfar games to allow the whole squad game time.

Results aint important, but wins are good to build confidence. Any win with a clean sheet will do me.

Not too sure what CB and AK will do in the sense of giving established first team players like Craigan, Hammell, Jennings, Hateley, Sutton, Murphy etc. 90 minutes or whether he will try and give the whole squad some game time. Be interesting to see what he does with the goalkeeping position. I take it Fraser is still in SA and won't be available. Does he give the full 90 mins to Randolph or 45 mins each to our apparent new number one and Hollis? Does he play Hutchinson instead of Reynolds incase the latter is away come the 15th?

I reckon he is a stick on to give Randolph the Brechin game and Hollis the Forfar game, prob back to Randolph for Ayr. I have a feeling too that seeing as this is the first game he will give most of what he thinks is his starting XI at the moment a game to see how it shapes up, with plenty of subs later on and changes for the Forfar game.

End of the day this is only about getting players game time and match sharpness back. Not going to lose sleep whatever happens as these games are rarely a true indication of whats to come.

Not sure this is true. Remember our absymal pre-season results under Malpas culminating with a 4-0 thrashing by Queen of the South? I think that pretty much gave us a true indication of what was to come!

Sent a message but the PM thing seems knackered. I'll be heading back to Montrose. Not sure if I will head from there or my work though.

Anyone else from the North East heading doon?

Checking train times from / to Aberdeen and best way is train to Montrose then bus to Brechin.

Give us a PM if anyone from up this way going

Trialists Chris Shuker (formerly Tranmere) and Spanish striker Carlos Gazapo are a part of the squad for the trip to Brechin tonight!

And some kit related news for the friendly games...

The team will wear special black strips for the friendly games with the new PUMA kits due to arrive at the end of this week!
The kits, which will only be worn during the friendly matches, will be sponsored by local business ABR Roofing!

Click

Looking forward to this the day. Finally the 'Well are back!! (Although this has been the quickest pre-season ever!!) Hope to see the Spanish Striker on show and who knows he might be skillful, quick and powerfull - or he could be completely munter of a footballer!! Also hoping to see Humphrey tear up the brechin defence tonight - we will be relying on him more than we would hope next season to create chances and offer us an edge to our team so you would hope he looks the part against a Second division team.

Going to saunter up in a couple of hours, go for a couple of jars and a cheeckie chippie for ma tea! :lol: (heard that they do Bacon Suppers up that way :nod: !)

Ermmmm... can I just get something straight here... Some people are actually going to watch a completely meaningless, uncompetitive, training game kickabout in Brechin on a Tuesday night instead of watching the Uruguay v The Netherlands World Cup semi-final? :nod:

Ermmmm... can I just get something straight here... Some people are actually going to watch a completely meaningless, uncompetitive, training game kickabout in Brechin on a Tuesday night instead of watching the Uruguay v The Netherlands World Cup semi-final? ;)

Who's that?

I would rather watch Motherwell playing more a World Diddy Cup game any day of the week

Who's that?

I would rather watch Motherwell playing more a World Diddy Cup game any day of the week

The semi-final of the biggest sporting event on the planet, watched by millions upon millions across the globe described as a diddy match in comparison to a meaningless friendly between Brechin City and Motherwell (which will be watched by a couple of dozen folk). ;)

Enjoy the match if you go mind you, but I really don't see the appeal of it at all especially given the alternative football on tv tonight. Crazy stuff.

The semi-final of the biggest sporting event on the planet, watched by millions upon millions across the globe described as a diddy match in comparison to a meaningless friendly between Brechin City and Motherwell (which will be watched by a couple of dozen folk). ;)

Enjoy the match if you go mind you, but I really don't see the appeal of it at all especially given the alternative football on tv tonight. Crazy stuff.

I can see yer point of view but, for me, there's only two colours in football - Claret and Amber. Anything else, I only have a passing interest in. Like almost everyone else, I'll be waiting on the Semi Final starting but when I get home from here I know what result I'll be looking for first - and it isn't the one where the quest is to win The Veined Golden Dobber, that's for sure.

Ermmmm... can I just get something straight here... Some people are actually going to watch a completely meaningless, uncompetitive, training game kickabout in Brechin on a Tuesday night instead of watching the Uruguay v The Netherlands World Cup semi-final? :evilgrin:

Errr helloo.....we're Well supporters. ;)

Why wouldn't Well supporters go to watch a Well game?

I've heard it all now.

;) Surely more than the one!....

That's kick off at Glebe Park. Brechin kick off shooting towards the 'Well fan behind the goal