Vs Brechin, Forfar And, Ayr United

Finlay

I personally thought Gazapo was poor but obviously we need to give him another chance against Forfar and/or Ayr United to see what he can do. Although these are friendlies if he can't perform against teams of that standard what chance does he have in the SPL against the OF etc.? At this stage though I will be surprised if we signed him.

Shuker could go either way. Looked to be a bit short of match fitness and wasn't involved in the first 45 much but had a quality second half. Should have been on the score sheet as well. Should get at least an hour against Forfar imo.

Quality wee ground and I was well 'warned'about the hedge :D

Was that you that got chucked out decorator for jumping the barrier to get photies? B-)

Not a fan of the kit we were wearing but agree about Motherwell over the WC.

Naw, that dickhead would've been me taking a photo of the decorator :huh:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw, that dickhead would've been me taking a photo of the decorator :huh:

Aye but you did sneak in for the last 5 minutes did you not? B-)

Forgot to say,, for me Hammell was the best player on the park last night by a country mile.

Went up last night to tick another ground of the list. First half everyone was pretty rusty but to be fair that's expected. Keeper looked solid and his catching and kicking seemed fine. Was impressed with Shuker, got in about it. Lot of good movement from him aswell, always getting himself into a space. Gazapo wasn't that great. Wanted everything on a plate and very rarely challenged a ball that came into the box.

Forbes goal was an absolute belter so hopefully that lifts his confidence again. Lasleys goal was also a bit of a screamer, half volley from the edge of the box. Hammell or Sutton were the two players that stood out though. Sutton will be a big player for us next year.

Not going to manage Forfar tomorrow night but roll on Ayr on Saturday :huh:

Aye, fair enough. I won't pretend to understand the compulsion/devotion/obsession that makes folk go watch a kickabout in Brechin over a World Cup semi-final, but it's their time to do with as they please.

Don't understand why football fans don't like the World Cup either really. Do some people just consider themselves a Motherwell fan and that's it, and so they don't bother with any other football?

Basically I consider myself to be a Well fan and thats it. I like watching live footie as opposed to watching the big guns from an armchair or in the pub. TV doesn't need my custom - there are millions more happy to watch on TV. I'd rather give my hard earned cash to smaller clubs like ourselves and Brechin and put something back into Scots football. There have been some good games in South Africa but by the same token some poor and boring fare too. International football is not what it was and the Big Boys Club (top European sides) have become way too powerful to the detriment of international sides.

Probably be just as well putting the Forfar/Ayr chat in here if a Mod wants to change the title?

7.15pm kick off tomorrow I see. Might make it a bit tighter for folk heading up if they are going from work. Hope it's not the same torrential rain on the way back down the road mind you.

Would like to see McHugh, Hutchinson, Page, Weston, and Meechan feature tomorrow as well as additional run outs for Shuker and Gazapo.

Don't have the stamina to make two trips as far in the one week so won't be going tomorrow. Imagine the two trialists will get another shot and some of the guys we didn't see - Humphrey, Fitzpatrick, McHugh, Hutchinson, Hollins etc. Be interesting to see how they get on. Was also impressed that in the first run out nine of them played 90 minutes so CB is obviously making sure they have full match fitness.

Second the comment about the rain. That was unreal between Perth and Edinburgh on the return last night and pretty shit the rest of the way too.

Don't have the stamina to make two trips as far in the one week so won't be going tomorrow. Imagine the two trialists will get another shot and some of the guys we didn't see - Humphrey, Fitzpatrick, McHugh, Hutchinson, Hollins etc. Be interesting to see how they get on. Was also impressed that in the first run out nine of them played 90 minutes so CB is obviously making sure they have full match fitness.

Second the comment about the rain. That was unreal between Perth and Edinburgh on the return last night and pretty shit the rest of the way too.

about the rain my dad had cruise control on in the car and we skidded through a puddle at 70mph and almost crashed

about the rain my dad had cruise control on in the car and we skidded through a puddle at 70mph and almost crashed

a couple of miles before Falkirk?

we had a moment as well, cruising along and a 4x4 was just passing us when we hit the flooded road

completely blinded for about ten seconds :rolleyes:

Filled ma pants :O

Shitebags :O:lol:

:rolleyes: aye, I'll admit it, was a wee bit worried :lol:

not much you can do when the cars floating at 70mph and you don't know what direction you're heading, or what the jeep that was two foot to the right of you is doing?

anyway it would probably have dried up by the time you and the decorator got there, you'd have been quicker in that JCB :P

anyway it would probably have dried up by the time you and the decorator got there, you'd have been quicker in that JCB :rolleyes:

I had my Merc with me, nae need for a Jooceebee. And The Decorator was in a M3, awright for some eh? Stil trying t work out what kind of education Brechins stewards must have had. Left Turn Clive, DUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Not so worried about this score tonight given the team we have out. Would be good, obviously, to get another win under the belts though.