Vs Brechin, Forfar And, Ayr United

Finlay

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr helloo.....we're Well supporters. ;)

Why wouldn't Well supporters go to watch a Well game?

I've heard it all now.

Why wouldn't 'Well supporters go to watch a 'Well game? I've been to enough friendlies in my 25 years of supporting Motherwell to know that they're pretty much all bore fests and a complete waste of money. Also take into account it's essentially a kickabout against a lower league team purely to get some match sharpness. I'd have absolutely no interest in attending the game at the best of times (I could quite happily live the rest of my life not knowing tonight's score), but couple the above with the fact that the alternative to watching Brechin v Motherwell is a Uruguay v Holland World Cup semi-final and there's only one winner for me. I'm a football fan as well as a Motherwell fan, so I'll have the competitive and interesting World Cup semi-final with two cracking goals so far any day of the week over a friendly.

If it was a competitive Motherwell game then it'd be a different story, but it's a kickabout.

Do Motherwell fans not like football in general? Some too blinkered or obsessed to appreciate other teams? Don't know why I'm asking that anyway as there are more Motherwell fans watching Uruguay v Holland than Brechin City v Motherwell.

Anyway, back to the World Cup for me... :evilgrin:

Do Motherwell fans not like football in general? Some too blinkered or obsessed to appreciate other teams?

There are all kinds of Well fans with all shades of opinions. Some like World Cup football like you and some don't, like me. Live and let live I say. I don't think it at all strange that some would rather stay in tonight and watch Uruguay V Holland but all I ask is that you understand that some fans would rather watch the friendly at Brechin. Nothing at all odd in that.

Back in Montrose in time for a Bervie Chipper Max ?

Don't believe tonight's result was ever going to be of paramount importance, more to do with game time and imbedding the new faces.

Shame we have lost out on Ruddy and Coke, but life and Motherwell FC goes on :D