Thursday Excitement - Teams/Hopes/Fears

carlukemurray

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't sound patronising at all.

And it isn't patronising at all. You get about 4,000 people for your home games, including away fans, so how many do you expect to travel from Iceland? Think about it before you start the lame 'arrogant' jibes. Fucking hell, you're in a netherland.

I've never called you arrogant. And why am I in a netherland?

True, you just used the equally lame patronising tag. It's totally untrue and I'm defending the small number who travelled from Iceland, by saying it's patronising to claim they should be treating a Europa League qualifier as a glamour tie, as if they can't form a judgement for themselves. Their home crowd will be lower than Motherwell's, but the difference in the away support for each leg won't be substantial.

Only a small minority of people in the Motherwell area can be bothered to attend Motherwell games, so don't expect too much of the Icelandics. They took a decent support as a proportion of their home gate to Motherwell in these hard times.

YOU are being patronising.

Its time to admit it, I am a nobody and I am jealous of the huge club that is Manchester Utd and absolutely everything they have achieved. They are by quite some distance the best club in the universe and every single supporter should be entitled to free sookies and train travel from London every second saturday.

Why have I been wasting my time watching a pishy wee team with only 4,000 fans who play in meaningless Europa League qualifiers once every few years :(

True, you just used the equally lame patronising tag. It's totally untrue and I'm defending the small number who travelled from Iceland, by saying it's patronising to claim they should be treating a Europa League qualifier as a glamour tie, as if they can't form a judgement for themselves. Their home crowd will be lower than Motherwell's, but the difference in the away support for each leg won't be substantial.

Only a small minority of people in the Motherwell area can be bothered to attend Motherwell games, so don't expect too much of the Icelandics. They took a decent support as a proportion of their home gate to Motherwell in these hard times.

What has the amount of people who travelled from Iceland to Motherwell or vice versa got to do with it being a "glamour" tie?

The point people are trying to make is that for us (and i'm sure Breidablik) we very rarely make it in european competition so EVERY game is a "glamour" tie wether we can afford to make it to the away leg or not.

It's totally untrue and I'm defending the small number who travelled from Iceland, by saying it's patronising to claim they should be treating a Europa League qualifier as a glamour tie, as if they can't form a judgement for themselves.

Where has anyone on this thread suggested the Icelandic fans are actually treating the game as a glamour tie? The chat about glamour ties only began because you claimed that a mere Europa League qualifier couldn't possibly be considered one, and people simply pointed out that that's utter nonsense. Plus, who are you to say that the Breidablik fans don't view the game as a massive game, "as if they can't form a judgement for themselves" (your words, not mine)?

It seems that you showing yourself up as the arrogant, patronising twat that you are just becomes more and more a regular occurance on here, the only difference is you can no longer hide behind the excuse that it's just the same folk on here that pull you up on it - as pretty much everyone is now beginning to see just how ridiculous you actually are.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.

Braveheart

x

Listen pal, all I tried to do was point out the reason that folk were digging you up, in the hope that it might stop more shite flying your way. I'm not going to keep banging on about this all night because it's clearly pointless.

Am I speaking fucking Japanese here, or is it the language barrier between England and Scotland? One of you must have a fucking brain. Hang on whilst I get Sharon to interpret, because something is being lost in translation.

The Europa League qualifying round ( not the competition proper ) is not a glamour tie whether it's against Motherwell or Real Madrid, and the Icelandic fans are intelligent to see the tie in its context and make a judgement according to whether it's worth spending hundreds of pounds to attend for ninety minutes. The fact the Icelandics haven't played in Europe before doesn't make them throw their sanity out of the window, just as Motherwell fans didn't do that in Albania last year. Fans weigh up the pro and cons and make a decision of whether to travel or not. Numerous factors come into play - cost, disposable income, significance of match - and a judgement is made on balance. Hence at Fir Park you got the away support you did. Icelandic clubs only have a small begin with and only a proportion of those will travel after having taken the contributory factors into account.

Now what's so fucking difficult to understand? This is basic comprehension.

Get me a Japanese dictionary.

Am I speaking fucking Japanese here, or is it the language barrier between England and Scotland? One of you must have a fucking brain. Hang on whilst I get Sharon to interpret, because something is being lost in translation.

The Europa League qualifying round ( not the competition proper ) is not a glamour tie whether it's against Motherwell or Real Madrid, and the Icelandic fans are intelligent to see the tie in its context and make a judgement according to whether it's worth spending hundreds of pounds to attend for ninety minutes. The fact the Icelandics haven't played in Europe before doesn't make them throw their sanity out of the window, just as Motherwell fans didn't do that in Albania last year. Fans weigh up the pro and cons and make a decision of whether to travel or not. Numerous factors come into play - cost, disposable income, significance of match - and a judgement is made on balance. Hence at Fir Park you got the away support you did. Icelandic clubs only have a small begin with and only a proportion of those will travel after having taken the contributory factors into account.

Now what's so fucking difficult to understand? This is basic comprehension.

Get me a Japanese dictionary.

i'd agree with that but i can see why your posts irritate people,tbh i think you try to wind folk up. :(

Where has anyone on this thread suggested the Icelandic fans are actually treating the game as a glamour tie? The chat about glamour ties only began because you claimed that a mere Europa League qualifier couldn't possibly be considered one, and people simply pointed out that that's utter nonsense.

It isn't a nonsense in the overall context of the tie. Do you think you're Real Madrid, Braveheart? Even The Bruce was a realist :(

Those Icelandic fans who travelled to Scotland deserve total respect, and those who didn't would have had perfectly good reasons after circumspection.

i'd agree with that but i can see why your posts irritate people,tbh i think you try to wind folk up. :(

I know, I just get angry with people who can't understand the most simple of concepts. I should have more patience, but I have a short fuse. It's always been a fault, but why can't they understand? It's no great leap of imagination. It's so fucking easy.

I know, I just get angry with people who can't understand the most simple of concepts. I should have more patience, but I have a short fuse. It's always been a fault.

Aye, but your what.....14 stone of dynamite? :(

It isn't a nonsense in the overall context of the tie.

The overall context of the tie is that Briedablik are playing their first ever tie in Europe. Regardless of the opposition, that provides the grounds for some of their fans to view the match as a massive game. By dismissing a club's first ever European qualification the way you are shows that you are completely out of touch with those of us much further down the football food chain.

No one is arguing that Motherwell against Breidablik is a glamour tie for either set of supporters (and no one has said a bad word about the Icelandic fans who didn't travel), every argument has been that you simply don't have the right to dismiss the idea that Icelandic fans might see their first jaunt into Europe as a huge event on the basis that a Man Utd fan sees it as "just a Europa League qualifier". But for some reason you just don't seem able to get your head around that. You are going on about how so many people on here are struggling to understand a simple concept, when it's blatantly you who is having the difficulty or, more likely, just doesn't seem interested in actually reading what others are saying.

If Motherwell get to the playoff stage of the Europa League I, like the majority I would assume, will view the tie as a mammoth event for the club - even before the opposition has been drawn.

It's always been a fault

So is the fact that you're a bellend. Once again, a thread descends into farce due to your shite chat.

If you're so desperate to post on this website, stick on the Man Utd thread on General Football.

edit - what something_else said!

So is the fact that you're a bellend. Once again, a thread descends into farce due to your shite chat.

If you're so desperate to post on this website, stick on the Man Utd thread on General Football.

edit - what something_else said!

Stay on topic, dickhead. It's a simple topic to discuss.

The fact the Icelandics haven't played in Europe before doesn't make them throw their sanity out of the window, just as Motherwell fans didn't do that in Albania last year.

The day after the Llanelli victory, the Club, apparently endorsed by Strathclyde Police, posted information on their website advising fans not to travel to Albania. Advice that, in hindsight, I would argue, the club regrets.

Just to set the record straight. 

But, I'm not certain that the comparison is valid anyway. 

SD