• John Sutton
    • Gary Smith
    • Steven Saunders
    • Null Vote

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammell for me , done his job and went the extra yard to cover for others mistakes when he needed to,

Lasley a close second too many loose balls that could have cost however

and just shows how different we all see the game, I though Hately was a poor as he was the last few games of last season tonight, lost the ball far too often and was caught ball watching far too often. and big Sutts never had his normal good 90mins, struggled badly 2nd half

Big Crazy Legs Saunders would have won MOTM and won us the game 'edit: by more goals' had he been given a start :cheers:

Big Crazy Legs Saunders would have won MOTM and won us the game had he been given a start :nod:

Yeah he did well when he came on, looked very assured at right back even though we're told it isn't his best position. His mother clearly hasn't been feeding the boy well enough during the summer, as skinny as he was last year he actually looks like he's lost more weight.

Went for Lasley as Man of the Match, he was always fighting for the ball and looked probably the most energetic of our team at this stage.

I thought Lasley, Jennings and Hammell were good, but my vote went to Mark Reynolds who strolled through the game.

Can't believe not one single person has went for Forbes. Our ONLY creative player, if it wasn't for him we would be fucked! We had nothing, I repeat nothing worth shouting about bar a SutiGol cross and Humphrey's best ever ball, unless Forbes was involved. Craig Brown has to engineer a system to have him playing behind the forwards. The boy would own the SPL in that position, in a league devoid of gifted footballers.

I thought Forbes was pish tonight to be honest.He couldn't get a decent ball in and he just wasn't up to fitness.I know neither was the whole team but thought Forbes was terrible tonight.That just my opinion right enough.

For the MOTM I went for Reynolds.Thought he was solid winning everything in the air and also he was helping his team mates out with challenges.The one that stood out for me is when in the 2nd half the Icelantic boy chased the ball down to the corner flag and Lasley followed him.When Lasley was ready to put the challenge in Reynolds sprinted down and waited for Lasley to incercept and when the ball bobbled inbetween the Iclantic boy and Lasley Reynolds collected it and made a counter attack.

I know that he would get us some dosh but I would hate to see him leaving anytime soon.Does anybody know if the guy even wants to leave or is Brown just desprate for cash?If he doesn't want to leave well get him signed up ASAP MFC!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha. Forbes was fantastic once he got into a rythmn tonight. It just showed when he went off that we had nothing else to give in terms of goalscoring opportunities.

However, Motm for me was Hammell. Was solid, got a few good balls in, before Forbes went off, and bombed down the win a few times giving Forbes time to play. When Hateley moved into midfield he was useless and stifled Hammell's play.

The bond that Hammell and Reynolds have rescued us a few times tonight, Reynolds when under pressure playing the blind pass to Hammell. Something thats not really been noted before, certainly by me.

Saunders should also start inplace of Hateley I feel.

Hahahaha. Forbes was fantastic once he got into a rythmn tonight. It just showed when he went off that we had nothing else to give in terms of goalscoring opportunities.

However, Motm for me was Hammell. Was solid, got a few good balls in, before Forbes went off, and bombed down the win a few times giving Forbes time to play. When Hateley moved into midfield he was useless and stifled Hammell's play.

The bond that Hammell and Reynolds have rescued us a few times tonight, Reynolds when under pressure playing the blind pass to Hammell. Something thats not really been noted before, certainly by me.

Saunders should also start inplace of Hateley I feel.

Agreed.

I thought Lasley, Jennings and Hammell were good, but my vote went to Mark Reynolds who strolled through the game.

I agree, Reynolds strolled through the game and it would have been nice if he ventured forward more with the ball.

Forbes has a great touch and is always looking to play a good pass, he really does lack pace though. I agree that the system should be set up to incorporate him and play to his strengths. If he improved his fitness he could be a real player.

I can't believe Lasley is leading this poll. I admit that he made himself available for the ball a lot of the time but what did he actually do with it? He lost possession a number of times, including once that resulted in a chance for the opposition.

Hammell had a decent game. I'd give pass marks to him, Forbes, Reynolds and Murphy.

Sutton looked out of place in that formation and Humphrey was just terrible.

They were a poor team but they could have easily taken the lead at the start of the second half. It's going to be a close call next week.

I can't believe Lasley is leading this poll. I admit that he made himself available for the ball a lot of the time but what did he actually do with it? He lost possession a number of times, including once that resulted in a chance for the opposition.

I didn't see much of the first half but I'm of the exact same opinion as yourself. Yes he made himself available but his use of the ball is shocking. Sometimes I wonder if I'm watchin a different Keith Lasley from the one people on here watch.