Marky Reynolds!

Motherwell89

Have we offered him a new contract!? I don't see why we have to sell him tbh! He wants to progress his career etc but no one really seems interested in him and if he is realised on a free then he most likely will end up in the championship! He is only 23(?) and still lots of time! if he signs on here for a few more years... dose well.. then he will probably get a move to the premiership, Scotland call up.. he is good enough! That way Motherwell can also make a lot lot more money from him!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its more likely to happen as a Motherwell player than a championship or league player, if Motherwell can hold on to their talented players, and if we can somehow get to the group stages of the Europa League it will give us a huge cash boost ^_^ and I can't think of anyone better than Craig brown and Archie to take us forward! I have a very very good feeling about this season :nod:

Its more likely to happen as a Motherwell player than a championship or league player, if Motherwell can hold on to their talented players, and if we can somehow get to the group stages of the Europa League it will give us a huge cash boost ^_^ and I can't think of anyone better than Craig brown and Archie to take us forward! I have a very very good feeling about this season :nod:

This season the very BEST we can hope for is the Play Off round. If we get there we will most likely get a much better team from a much better league. A team that even Rangers and Celtic would likely lose too.

As for Reynolds......the window doesn't close for 6 weeks. Migt not suit us in giving us time to get a replacement but there is plenty time for him to leave. He will leave before the window closes, that I am certain. Broon just wants as much time as possible to spend the little money he gets from the deal.

If Motherwell and the SPL can deliver all these things then why have Quinn, Clarkson, McCormack and Porter gone to the Championship? Smith, McMillan, Hughes and McCulloch dropped even further down the English divisions.

I'm all for accentuating the positives when it comes to MFC but you have got to have a bit of realism too. If according to the programme on Thursday you have SPL teams with five times our budget. How many times more will be so with a Championship team?

If you honestly believe that Motherwell are in a better position than the likes of Middlesborough, Cardiff or Hull with the resources they have then I think you are a bit deluded.

Nothing to do with resources, just playing in Europe and if doing well in the SPL ie if we can get third again then your going to get noticed alot more ^_^

If Motherwell and the SPL can deliver all these things then why have Quinn, Clarkson, McCormack and Porter gone to the Championship? Smith, McMillan, Hughes and McCulloch dropped even further down the English divisions.

This just proves the point! Leaving SPL is a bad idea if you want to get an international career! stick around and play every week and get better, Scotland would have so many good players if they hadn't be lured away by money then left on the benches..

As for group stage qualification... depending on the draw we could get a team that we could sneak past. Its not impossible and any team that we get draw against the lads will give it a go. I am fairly confident we will get to the play-offs and then after that we will have every chance of the group stages.

"Mark Reynolds is one player who could be departing the Lanarkshire club this summer, with Brown previously stating that the sale of the defender would help generate funds for reinforcements. However, the manager says there are no imminent signs of players leaving.

"That won't happen I'm sure until the last week of the transfer window," added the former Scotland manager.

"There will be quite a bit of activity then I would think, around all the clubs.

"I don't expect anything before then. Certainly, there have been no offers."

The above was from the BBC website. Might not get to spend that 'extra' Reynolds cash until 30/31 August or even in January 2011 (worse case scenario).

When was the last time a 'Well player got a Scotland cap and held down a place in the squad?

Wasn't very recently as far as I can remember. As soon as he moves, he'll be in about the Scotland squad like a tramp eating chips though. Theres just something that seems to get 'Well players over looked where Scotland is concerned.

So, to be honest, its more likely to happen if he's a Championship player, unfortunately ^_^

Back up for a Championship team or Playing everyweek hmmmmf

I personally rate Reynolds a good bit higher than Paul Quinn, who featured in 22 games for Cardiff last season (don't know his injury history) in a team that was one game away from the Premiership.

Add the fact that Reynolds is left-footed; only about 11% of the UK population are.

So, I would argue that Reynolds can hold his own in the Championship.

However, this place, as always is all about opinions. People are entitled to rave about Lasley and Fraser here if they wish..... ^_^  

Just my 5 Rappen.

SD

Championship teams have huge squads and their is competition for place! At Motherwell its not the same! I think although talented he wont be able to keep consistent enough yet to hold down a place their. If he stays and guides Motherwell to Scottish cup Glory this season though... then its a different story :nod:^_^

While you could make an argument for Reynolds being more technically gifted than Quinn, Quinn has something that Reynolds does not. The willingness to kick his granny to get a result. This is a quality all top players have and Reynolds just strikes me as not ruthless enough on the field...

Melvin,

That's a good point that you make. I think the observation extends to the whole current squad. Other than Coke, was anybody else suspended last season?

I could, of course try to counter-argue citing Lineker; however, he is English, a fanny, and gave up playing a while ago..... :cheers:

SD

Just strikes me that although a lot of fans rate Reynolds a lot higher than they did Quinn or Clarkson, we had no problem selling them going into the last year of their contracts. I know there is a recession but clubs weren't exactly awash with money last summer. What is it clubs are not seeing in Reynolds...?

Just strikes me that although a lot of fans rate Reynolds a lot higher than they did Quinn or Clarkson, we had no problem selling them going into the last year of their contracts. I know there is a recession but clubs weren't exactly awash with money last summer. What is it clubs are not seeing in Reynolds...?

My memory isn't perfect, however, I can't recall Mutley stating to the media: "Player X deserves his move....." as per Brown has done recently regarding Reynolds. I personally thought that was very odd; recession or not. 

Personally, I am happy with Reynolds seeing out his contract and moving on. I see the transfer money for Porter (£200k, I think?) and Quinn (£300k) very much being a thing of the past.

SD

My memory isn't perfect, however, I can't recall Mutley stating to the media: "Player X deserves his move....." as per Brown has done recently regarding Reynolds. I personally thought that was very odd; recession or not.

Personally, I am happy with Reynolds seeing out his contract and moving on. I see the transfer money for Porter (£200k, I think?) and Quinn (£300k) very much being a thing of the past.

SD

If that is the case Motherwell F.C. is doomed. Where else are we going to get the money needed to survive?

The recent signing up of our younger talent on long term deals has been done to prevent another Paul Slane situation in the future and secure decent transfer fees that will guarantee the future of our club.