The Duke

postiejim

i remember thinking he was mince until the game at tannadice when he did a crazy turn and shot from about 40 yards that brought out one of the saves of the season from nicky weaver.

after that game he got better and better and then started banging in the goals. gonna miss the big man and like others have said will never forget that equaliser vs hibs

the duke :notworthy:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coventry boards say 200k and a three year deal.

Good luck Juke and thanks for all you did for the 'Well.

Hopefully withRuddy and Juke getting good contracts as a direct result of starring at Fir Park, other class players might be encouraged to give us a go.

No disrespect but he was a loan player, and after all he is looking after his career and i wish him all the best but im still sure Casagolda will be a massive hit and boost to every MFC Supporter's dreams!!!!!

Kirkie better watch out cause Casagolda is one fine shot!!!!!!

oh and did i leave out loyal????? People who leave are no good to us. We need loyal players!!!!

I expect to get slated on that comment but thats how i feel in regards to loyalty players......

No disrespect but he was a loan player, and after all he is looking after his career and i wish him all the best but im still sure Casagolda will be a massive hit and boost to every MFC Supporter's dreams!!!!!

Kirkie better watch out cause Casagolda is one fine shot!!!!!!

oh and did i leave out loyal????? People who leave are no good to us. We need loyal players!!!!

I expect to get slated on that comment but thats how i feel in regards to loyalty players......

dont ruin another threat with your shite.as for the duke i wish him nothing but success in his career that goal against hibs will never be forgotten all the best big man

Doesn't matter if he was on loan or not the way he conducted himself during his year with us was top drawer. I've never seen a player on loan have so much respect for a club seeing him hobble towards the East Stand after that 6-6 just highlighted the fact that he was playing for the shirt despite being injured and gave us his all usually players on loan never really show that kind of attitude. I have the upmost respect for Ruddy and Duke for not only their performances over the year but also for the way they treated the club with alot of respect.

All the best big fella, thanks for some cracking goals and above all your attitude. Didn't come up here all billy big baws making out he was just taking a step back in his career. He knew that if he did what he needed to do i.e., work hard, get stuck in and score some goals that it would further his career. As someone else has mentioned hopefully a few other players see coming here in the same light.

Gutted that he isn't coming back but good luck the guy.

As others have said, you will go a long way to find someone with his commitment to a loan club, is would have been so easy for him after Sutton nearly made him into a woman to sit back and relax let it heal and then come back, but he wanted to play right after it. then at the end of the season we all saw how he hobbled about the park after the Hibs game and then to play again on the sunday.

He will be remembered for that goal and rightly so, but for me it was his whole attitude the time he was here.

good luck Juke, hope everything works out for you.

Lee

It was that mental st mirren game that turned it around for me. Battered the centre halfs to get that goal from a silly angle. That hibs one near gave me heart faliure, i was giving commentary for it and probably deafened some bloke screaming goal. Belter.

All the best pal.

Guest 'Flow

I've just shown him the thead and he has asked me to pass on his thanks for all the good wishes and support!

Says he would be really keen to come back up and play for 'Well again which is decent. Shame we couldn't get him but very few, if any, clubs in Scotland can compete with the money in the Championship.

Top bloke; I am sure he'll do well at Cov...

I've just shown him the thead and he has asked me to pass on his thanks for all the good wishes and support!

Says he would be really keen to come back up and play for 'Well again which is decent. Shame we couldn't get him but very few, if any, clubs in Scotland can compete with the money in the Championship.

Top bloke; I am sure he'll do well at Cov...

Nice to hear that, thanks for passing that on Flow :)

The Juke, Scott MacDonald, David Clarkson, Ross McCormick and Chris Porter off the top of my head. Add in Paul Quinn, John Ruddy, Coke and Stephen Hughes from other areas of the park and it's not a bad tally. Sure i will have missed someone.

someone miteve sed him but simon lappin

Aye, will always be predominantly remembered for 'that' goal against Hibs which was one of the best we'll ever see! However, what I liked about Lukas was the fact that he always got his shot away (perfect example was that goal). Whenever he had a slight chance to have a go, he took it. All the best in the Championship and I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about you in the next season.

I'll just echo whats already been posted. Sad to see him go but glad he's got a move to a good club he'll be getting a regular start at.

As a few folk have said, his attitude was absolutely spot on. A lot of players could learn something from him in that sense.