Craig Brown Says No Money Left For New Players

Welldel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH it is hard to know what to believe. Before we even played Breidablik Paw Broon said we had enough money for 1 striker. We get through that tie and another 90k Euros and home gate v Aalesund and suddenly we have NO money.

Should we get through and draw Liverpool I am half expecting him to come out and say we have to sell playersnow such are the state of the finances.

Who knows what to believe. Money is tight that much is undeniably true - but even were we to get knocked out v Aalesund we will still have taken in around £250k + (less expenses) from the 2 Euro ties. That is more than every other team in the SPL bottom half.

With the sqaud we have I reckon 7th or 8th is the best we can hope for. We need to add 2-3 players of reasonable quality for a top6/Euro push.

Aberdeen have signed 7 players at the last count. Not sure how many they lost during the summer mind.

TBH it is hard to know what to believe. Before we even played Breidablik Paw Broon said we had enough money for 1 striker. We get through that tie and another 90k Euros and home gate v Aalesund and suddenly we have NO money.

Should we get through and draw Liverpool I am half expecting him to come out and say we have to sell playersnow such are the state of the finances.

Who knows what to believe. Money is tight that much is undeniably true - but even were we to get knocked out v Aalesund we will still have taken in around £250k + (less expenses) from the 2 Euro ties. That is more than every other team in the SPL bottom half.

With the sqaud we have I reckon 7th or 8th is the best we can hope for. We need to add 2-3 players of reasonable quality for a top6/Euro push.

Aberdeen have signed 7 players at the last count. Not sure how many they lost during the summer mind.

He certainly sounds a bit deflated on that interview. I'm hoping it is just a bit of media talk etc., although I share a couple of the thoughts above. Makes you wonder after all this talk of Killie's financial woes whether they still have a bigger player's budget than us this year? Again.

I'm going to put it out there that we'll definitely be top six, for the reasons I pointed out as well as the fact that United have been playing Andis Shala at centre half in pre-season.

They're hooped.

Regarding funds its quite simple, no one has come in for Reynolds so no money unless we get through on Thursday.

Don't worry still nearly a month left for Rangers to lodge a bid of £35k for Reynolds. Watch this space.

If we get through v Aalesund the pressure to sell Reynolds should dissipate somewhat. Although we have a ready made replacement in Hutchison I would rather Reynolds stayed another season than be sold for peanuts!

One minute we have a budget for at least a striker now we are looking at trialists with apparently no money to sign them. Either Broon's age is catching up with him, he is playing mind games (although not wise leaking this info to fans if not true) or the financial goalposts are getting shifted quite frequently. Either way he seems fed up. I think we are lucky to have him. If he feels at anytimevhe is fighting a losing battle or if we get off to a bad start with still no sign of investmemt in the squad I think he could walk.

I am guessing they where planning to allow him to spend a little to sign some players, we would go into debt but then hopefully come out of it soon with the Europa League/Mark Reynolds Sale. With neither a certainty though looks like Boyle has decided to tighten the purse strings and only spend the Money we have! (£1.40 and a packet of Haribo).

The story of the budget has changed so many times it's difficult to know where we stand now. Juke, Ruddy, Coke and O'Brien all leave. Randolph comes in. We are told we have money for 1 striker. Then it's if we get by Briedablik. Then no striker appears. Then we're told we have to get Aalesunds to get said striker. Now we are told whatever happens there, there is still no money!! Do we have to beat Liverpool home and away now in order for a player to appear?

It's getting ridiculous now. I don't think as fans we expect to qualify for Europe every season, that would be ridiculous, but surely it's not asking too much to start the new season with even 50% of the players that have left being replaced?

If we advance in europe, Sell Reynolds and get our cash from Cardiff City for the paul quinn transfer not to mention the sponcer suitation resolved surely then we must be able o snap up a good few quality players. Just hope that's all resolved sooner rather than later.

Surely all the young players we've signed up on long-term contracts will have received wage increases and (possibly) signing on fees?

That must've accounted for a large proportion of our finances this year, as well as the pitch which has already been mentioned.

Lets all donate money to the club. A pound a day from everyone. Say 10,000 people did it every day that is 70,000 a week extra to the club and I spend about 6-7 Pound on crap every day at lunch that I don't need like excesses of sweets n shit :P sure a lot are the same. :P

When do you lot go back to school?

Don't think he would, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to walk away from a challenge! and I think hes happy here, him and Archy seem to both be enjoying their time at the club even under difficult circumstances hes just making sure everyone knows its going to be tough so if the shit dose hit the fan then we won't get the torches out :P