Craig Brown Says No Money Left For New Players

Welldel

Por favor, no te preocupes fans Motherwell ..... después de convertirse en un jugador Motherwell su suerte será mucho mejor.

Voy a estar firmando un contrato de dos años el lunes con mi sueldo ser a la vez dinero y comida. Además de dinero, también va a recibir de tapas para el desayuno todos los días y algunos churros por la noche.

Después de una calificación mínima de cien goles en la primera temporada, lo que lleva a SPL Motherwell gloria, yo no se quedará para una segunda temporada. En su lugar voy a utilizar mi reputación poderosa para exigir el traslado a un español a los gigantes en mi país de origen .... por una cuota no menor de cincuenta millones de euros.

Con esta cesión cumplimentado, Motherwell será segura durante muchos años y voy a volver a poder dormir por la noche.

Gracias a todos los aficionados fuera de Fir Park que me han ofrecido indicaciones para llegar al estadio, sin esas personas que nunca podría haber encontrado este club maravilloso.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the apparent backtracking that concerns me.

I'm pretty sure Brown was given his budget at the end of May but the goalposts appears to have moved since then on a number of occassions.

It is not necessarily the budget goalposts that are moving though. It may be players/agents who have made wage demands that Brown was not expecting. If he had a budget and a shopping list for players at the end of May and is now discovering that the two don't match up then the message we get now would be pretty much the same.

I would guess that when looking back to May the budget was possibly, the budget + sale of Mark Reynolds. It may be the case that as yet nobody has come in for Mark, or if they have the figures are below the clubs expectations.

I don't know why we are surprised however. Those of us who are regular attenders at FP must be worried about the size of the crowds. Last season was the worst I can remember and it is only going to go one way from here. We are now struggling to get attendences above 5000 for most games. How can there be money for players when you look at the overheads the club has? Also I am sure that much of the (£90,000)? the club won for beating Breadalblik will have been spent on the costs for the Norway trip.

When you hear comments from people like Flow saying that at points in the season the club lives 'hand to mouth' in terms of finance and when you think of the panic that set in when the club realised they were going to miss out on the revenue from an Old Firm game at the end of the season it does not take a genius to realise that there is no money.

Lets see how loyal Estaban Casagolda really is when he realises that he is going to be paid in coupons for Chapmans pies.

Aye at home working out your pound to sweetie ratios.

naa at work working out my pound to sweetie ratios B-) but I wouldn't mind cutting back on the sweets to give a little extra to the club ;) save the whale!? save the dogs!? save the well!!

Por favor, no te preocupes fans Motherwell ..... después de convertirse en un jugador Motherwell su suerte será mucho mejor.

Voy a estar firmando un contrato de dos años el lunes con mi sueldo ser a la vez dinero y comida. Además de dinero, también va a recibir de tapas para el desayuno todos los días y algunos churros por la noche.

Después de una calificación mínima de cien goles en la primera temporada, lo que lleva a SPL Motherwell gloria, yo no se quedará para una segunda temporada. En su lugar voy a utilizar mi reputación poderosa para exigir el traslado a un español a los gigantes en mi país de origen .... por una cuota no menor de cincuenta millones de euros.

Con esta cesión cumplimentado, Motherwell será segura durante muchos años y voy a volver a poder dormir por la noche.

Gracias a todos los aficionados fuera de Fir Park que me han ofrecido indicaciones para llegar al estadio, sin esas personas que nunca podría haber encontrado este club maravilloso.

fifty million euros??? :lol:

Please do not worry Motherwell fans ..... after becoming a Motherwell player his fate will be much better.

I'll be signing a two year contract on Monday with my salary be both food and money. Besides money, they will receive from tapas for breakfast every day and some churros at night.

After a minimum score a hundred goals in the first season, which leads to Motherwell SPL glory, I will not run for a second season. Instead I will use my powerful reputation for demanding a transfer to Spanish giants in my home country .... for a fee not less than fifty million euros.

With this transfer completed, Motherwell will be safe for many years and I can sleep again at night.

Thanks to all the fans outside the Fir Park have given me directions to the stadium, without those people who never would have found this wonderful club.

B-)

as i sad in another thread brown just seems to say whatever suits him that day.

"the running costs of the club put it in deficit every year": no it doesn't craigie, we made a loss over one year (june 2008-may2009) due to the cost of the pitch repairs, the increased wages of mcghee and leitch, the increased wage bill with big earners like porter, hughes, malcolm and klimpl, a bottom six finish, repaying some of boyle's loan and the missed setanta payment. every other season since we came out of admin we've made a profit and over the past five years accounts are out for we've made a profit of £120k.

as i've said before if the last published accounting period was over 13 months rather than 12 we'd have showed a profit due to the departures of clarkson, quinn, mchgee and leitch. the club themselves said that the next accounts would show a large profit which would neutralise the previous loss.

it's clear however that we've not much money just now. is it as bad as brown makes out? if it is then why have we signed the cypriot, a third keeper and kept on young boys who are extremeley unlikely to feature. surely 4 or 5 small wages combined could have got us a player who could make an impact in the spl.

I don't think Paw Broon was talking about the clubs annual accounting when he made that statement, to be fair. I think what he meant was:

advertising money + money from programme sales + bar take at Cooper/Centenary - ground maintenance - staff wages =

I can easily see that being the case. The years that we have made a (modest) profit, we have had to sell players to achieve it. Reynolds was supposed to be that sale this year. Hasn't, as yet, happened so I can absolutely understand how there is no money.

I also think CB specifically mentioned the daily running costs of the club as a lot of similar-sized clubs have extra revenue streams (hotel & bar at Killie, 5-a-sides at St Mirren) which we don't have. Motherwell FC are a limited company and I for one would be quite happy to see us develop a property portfolio or invest in other non-football activities in order to stabilise the club going forward. Sadly, I don't think there is the foresight at Fir Park at the moment for such ventures and our money-making schemes will be limited to peddling the same tired old guff that gets peddled every season.

I said when Broon took over that he was the man to get us to end of the season, but I had my doubts about his ability to bring in new players and take us forward. We're not in a terrible state, but I still need convincing he has Gannonesque signing skills.

I said when Broon took over that he was the man to get us to end of the season, but I had my doubts about his ability to bring in new players and take us forward. We're not in a terrible state, but I still need convincing he has Gannonesque signing skills.

I can live with him not having Gannonesque signing skills if he also doesn't have the Gannonesque ego or Gannonesque tactical ineptitude that saw us in freefall before he left...

I can live with him not having Gannonesque signing skills if he also doesn't have the Gannonesque ego or Gannonesque tactical ineptitude that saw us in freefall before he left...

agreed.

brown's always been a wee bit economical with the truth when it suits him (and that's without mentioning the poison pen). this could all be a ploy to get boyle to loosen the purse strings or a smokescreen to cover the fact that he hasn't identified anyone worth signing yet.

DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC...it's all a ploy to get Casa to sign for a few quid less. B-)

Seriously who believes everything that is said to the press?? I am sure the club aren't telling the press everything. I don't think they would have reduced the budget in 2 weeks, with 3 games played and at least 1 more to go. Or did the flight to Norway really cost that much???

I am sure win or not there will be at least 1 extra player in before the start of the season and a few loans to supplement the squad to.

Or maybe he just cba signing anyone B-)

I like our squad, its the right blend of youth, loyalty and ambition. The SPL is filled with overpaid and overrated players who don't give all for their club!

I am quite happy to say the current squad at Motherwell seem to be their playing for the club and always seem to give 110% despite lacking maybe the abilities of others they have the heart and desire to do well.

Motherwell FC are a limited company and I for one would be quite happy to see us develop a property portfolio or invest in other non-football activities

Good point, I’m not sure if Motherwell have ever been involved in any non football related money earners.

John Boyle has had some successful and some not so successful commercial ventures over the years. You would like to think someone with his experience he would have a few potential money earning business ideas up his sleeve.

Failing that, we’ll just need to pimp Flow out on his day off. :lol:B-)

agreed.

brown's always been a wee bit economical with the truth when it suits him (and that's without mentioning the poison pen). this could all be a ploy to get boyle to loosen the purse strings or a smokescreen to cover the fact that he hasn't identified anyone worth signing yet.

I think its more of the first option, loosen the purse strings. To be fair, If I was Boyle I am not sure I would either. Having just invested upwards of half a million on the pitch, securing the services of our younger players for a few years as investment opportunities. Also watching an ever decreasing attendances then as a businessman he is trying to cut costs to keep the club alive.

I would also hope Motherwell would have a business investment like property. Leasing houses in the new Ravenscraig area possibly. I don't really know if its worth the initial outlay and servicing costs, I am not a business person.

The new directors recently announced at the club all appear to have financial backgrounds, lets hope these guys are not just there for the free tickets and are working on increasing the turnover.

naa at work working out my pound to sweetie ratios B-) but I wouldn't mind cutting back on the sweets to give a little extra to the club :lol: save the whale!? save the dogs!? save the well!!

Nonsesne. Do you know how addictive Haribo is? More potent than chasing the dragon...

Craig Brown's a shrewed operator. He's basically playing his cards close to his chest and telling prospective agents and players that we wont be held to ransom. Hearts and Aberdeen have been bitten a few times by outrageous wage demands and even Jimmy Bullard wanted 75 grand a week to play for the Tattiemunchers... :P . I've every confidence we'll get a couple of players in for the season starting but a glamour europa league tie and the sale of Reynolds will definately help us. Top 6 again for us im sure... :P

The story of the budget has changed so many times it's difficult to know where we stand now. Juke, Ruddy, Coke and O'Brien all leave. Randolph comes in. We are told we have money for 1 striker. Then it's if we get by Briedablik. Then no striker appears. Then we're told we have to get Aalesunds to get said striker. Now we are told whatever happens there, there is still no money!! Do we have to beat Liverpool home and away now in order for a player to appear?

It's getting ridiculous now. I don't think as fans we expect to qualify for Europe every season, that would be ridiculous, but surely it's not asking too much to start the new season with even 50% of the players that have left being replaced?

We have also signed Charalambous and Hollis. That is 3 signings so only 1 down on last year where we prob had 1 more midfielder than we needed anyway.

Not saying I am happy, just pointing out that Brown was probabally 'allowed' to get 3 bodies in on the cheap and he done that. I am starting to think that he has fucked up by making 2 of the 3 signings 'Keepers when we still have Fraser at the club. He jumped the gun on that, big time, now he can't punt Fraser, or sell Reynolds for that matter = no new signings.

4 out, 3 in and we had to cut back anyway = NO NEW PLAYERS. Simple.

And that goes for made up 'Motherwell Loyal' fantasy players too :P

Craig Brown's a shrewed operator. He's basically playing his cards close to his chest and telling prospective agents and players that we wont be held to ransom.
I get that. I just don't remember any shrewd transfer deals he has made in the past as a manager.

We have also signed Charalambous and Hollis. That is 3 signings so only 1 down on last year where we prob had 1 more midfielder than we needed anyway.

4 out, 3 in and we had to cut back anyway = NO NEW PLAYERS. Simple.

Charaloumbis + Hollis are more future/back up signings, just like Patrick McPake,Darren Smith + Mark Archdeacon who were all released so really weve lost 4 first team players + 3 back ups and brought in 1 first team player + 2 back ups

, still 3 first team players down