Odense Home Leg Ticket Details

Toxteth O'Grady

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get my ticket for the Aalesund match at 1400 on match day no problem and was planning the same for this. Looks like it was a bit naive of me to think it wouldn't sell out. Whats the chances of me being able to get a ticket early afternoon Thursday :lol:

Aye, you'll be fine.

Would be pleasantly surprised if they need to open the top tier of the South Stand.

youll get a ticket no problem but itll be in the south, the Main,East + Cooper will be sold out but theres no chance in hell we will fill the entire south!

Aye, you'll be fine.

Would be pleasantly surprised if they need to open the top tier of the South Stand.

Good stuff, hope you're right. Fucking buzzing about this :lol:

I managed to get my ticket for the Aalesund match at 1400 on match day no problem and was planning the same for this. Looks like it was a bit naive of me to think it wouldn't sell out. Whats the chances of me being able to get a ticket early afternoon Thursday :evilgrin:

If you don't want to chance it PM me your details and I'll get you a ticket tomorrow. If you want I'll meet you outside the ground or even in JDs I'm always there before a match.

Afternoon all,

I wanted to take the opportunity respond hopefully in a positive way and explain my thinking behind the increase in ticket prices. This is not a topic that I am trying to dodge in any manner, I have just too busy in the past week or so to read the message board therefore that is the reason for my non response.

There are a number of factors we took into consideration when initially (pre Breidablik game) setting the prices. Clearly we wanted to make the pricing as attractive as we could and in particular in the initial round / rounds to encourage as many supporters as we could to turn up. We did that and I think you will agree with me on this with the good family offer and £15 at the gate. In general that was well received.

There is a potential financial downside to that strategy in so much as we most probably lost out on revenue because we could have set the prices higher and restricted the family gate. There is the alternative view and one that we supported which is that it is more important to get the ground full, expose families and perhaps lapsed fans to the club again and in doing so brining supporters, new and old back to the club.

There is also the positive financial spin off for the club in all of this, 3 strong home gates help us enormously through the year and when we can, like all other clubs and ultimately business, we need to try and maximize the return we can receive. We took the decision that were we to proceed to a later stage of the competition that we would increase the pricing but try also to maintain value particularly around families. I have read the comments on concession prices and to be fair, and in hindsight we most probably could have offered a concession price. At the time we felt a straight £20 ticket for all for a game such as tomorrows was a fair price and compromise. We have taken on board the feedback and will consider this should we progress in this competition and for all others we play in.

Nights like tomorrow do not come around often and I want to thank those of you who have fed back and those who have bought tickets. As I write we have sold 8,100 tickets for the match.

We are listening. Setting a pricing strategy that works for all is near impossible but we have tried to be fair and also to make Fir Park as accessible to all as we can. I accept that we can do more however the money that you spend on tickets goes directly into the club for the benefit of all.

Leeann

Good response and acceptance that a concessionary ticket perhaps should have been available.

8100 tickets with less than a day to go. TBH I would have hoped for a crowd near the 10,000 mark. Think we will struggle to sell 2000 tickets in the next 24 hrs. So looks like around 9000. Still the ground will look fairly full at that.

Any more switherers (if that is a word) get out and along to Fir park. Your CLUB needs you.

Offshore trip delayed until friday now, so rushing around like an eejit trying to sort out getting down. Going to travel down the morns afternoon without a ticket. Just hoping that i'll be able to buy one from the ticket office on the day. Surely they wont sell out east stand before 3pm!?

:lol: You should be fine mate. As its just one you're after there'll be individual seats dotted about i'd imagine. Certainly was on the online ticket diagram before it was taken down the other day.