Odense Home Leg Ticket Details

Toxteth O'Grady

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the difference will be substantial if there's a group of you going, a family say. And I would have preferred to have seen the club keep it at £15 and attract floating punters, neutrals, friends of MFC fans, to get as big an attendance as possible.

But I was at the Rangers v Newcastle friendly at the weekend in the away end with a bunch of geordies (any excuse to shout at Rangers eh?), and it was 20 notes, so really I don't think it's that bad. I'll definately be going anyway!

£20 to watch one of the biggest games in Motherwell's history is not bad at all!

i'm undecided........£20 is £20, it would have been nice for the club to have kept it at £15 and £5 and bumped it up if we made it to the group stages. Its now £10 dearer for me to go to this game.

Part of me wants the "floating" fan to stay away. Have the club decided to cash in?Hoping that we get a similar attendance to the Aaleslund game? Did the board or the financial people actually expect us to make it to this round? Was it budgeted for?

The league season hasnt even started, I cant afford a season ticket yet I have already shelled out over £100 to the 'Well

i'm undecided........£20 is £20, it would have been nice for the club to have kept it at £15 and £5 and bumped it up if we made it to the group stages. Its now £10 dearer for me to go to this game.

Part of me wants the "floating" fan to stay away.

Yep I agree with that first sentence, and the price increase would have been fully justified given the calibre of opponent we would be playing. Still, £20 is cheaper than getting in to the away end at Accies, Ibrox, wherever, and keeping away from the whole 'SPL too expensive' argument, has to be viewed in this context.

I'm intruiged as to why you want the floating fan to stay away?! Surely the bigger the crowd, the bigger the revenue, hopefully the better the atmosphere? You also have the potential to attract people back, or even to secure 'floating fans'. Example- I took my 'Newcastle season ticket holding but Glasgow living' mate to the Aalesund game, him never having been before. He enjoyed it and now says he is much more likely to come to the games with me when he isn't in Newcastle. Similarly, if it's a cracking game with all to play for, we might be able to secure new fans that might otherwise fall into the OF trap.

I find anything that wouldnt want a non-Motherwell-diehard at the game bizarre, in times of falling attendances.

As for the point on season tickets - I can barely see where the advantage of having one is. Even costs to get into a silly bounce game.

£2 quid?!?

That's cheaper than a bottle of juice, a bag of crisps and a paper. Seriously...

Fair enough on increasing the prices, but this annoys me:

it is essential Fir Park is full, noisy and colourful for the second leg

...but we'll charge more anyway? If it was "essential" that the ground was full, then they wouldn't risk this by hiking the prices.

While we are well aware that it costs in excess of £20 to get into an SPL away game, it would have been nice to have seen the club thank the fans for turning up in their numbers in the last round, particularly when many are forking out on new strips, season tickets, away trips etc.

If we had kept the prices at £15 and were in with a shout after the first leg I reckon we would have been very close to an attendance of 10,000. Very little chance of that now. No concession price for pensioners or students either? PR blunder.

Didn't say otherwise. Just thought given the low value you'd let season ticket holders in for nothing.

Probably best to get some takings in, probably to go towards Casagolda's signing on fee...

Surely having a season ticket would get you a better seat, cheaper per game, first dibs on cup game tickets etc...wouldn't have thought entry to bounce games would have been high on your list. And as for Odense game, shouldn't be on the season ticket anyway so I'm not really sure what your gripe is. Not having a go, I'm just wondering....

Basically that this is a cup game and ST holders don't get first dibs or even the chance to reserve their seat and voicing my agreement that I'd have stuck with the prices for the first two matches.

Especially given that a decent number of fans (myself included) have also shelled out to support the team in one or in some cases both of the away fixtures.

I know that going abroad it's our own choice but it'd be nice to give the wallet a bit of a rest sometimes - even if that is just paying £15 instead of £20.

Probably best to get some takings in, probably to go towards Casagolda's signing on fee...

Surely having a season ticket would get you a better seat, cheaper per game, first dibs on cup game tickets etc...wouldn't have thought entry to bounce games would have been high on your list. And as for Odense game, shouldn't be on the season ticket anyway so I'm not really sure what your gripe is. Not having a go, I'm just wondering....

No any more it doesnae...............

Or £20 to go see us trying to pointlessly claw back a doing?

A bit silly.

:ph34r:

Fair enough. Cheaper than a normal SPL game. If the cash goes towards our transfer kitty all good and well.

Extra fiver could mean as much as £30,000 extra to the club.

Poor show IMO. Club had a good chance to keep a steady £15, get a good gate in, and then bump the prices up for the group stages if we made it. Instead, the crowd won't be any bigger (possibly even smaller) than the last round, and that's assuming we don't get trounced in Denmark.

I dread to think how much we're going to get hit with if we get someone like Liverpool in the group stages.

I also agree with the mention of the "It's essential Fir Park is full..." patter. If it's essential then highlight it in the prices. If not, don't claim it is.

Poor show IMO. Club had a good chance to keep a steady £15, get a good gate in, and then bump the prices up for the group stages if we made it. Instead, the crowd won't be any bigger (possibly even smaller) than the last round, and that's assuming we don't get trounced in Denmark.

I dread to think how much we're going to get hit with if we get someone like Liverpool in the group stages.

I also agree with the mention of the "It's essential Fir Park is full..." patter. If it's essential then highlight it in the prices. If not, don't claim it is.

A package deal no doubt or higher priced (£30-£35) individual tickets. What would it be....two home and two away?

Having to pay two quid more to get into the east stand for this game as opposed to an SPL fixture doesnt bother me. Its the old boys who've been following the club for 40 plus years, da included, who have to stump up an extra 6 quid due to no OAP concessions which is a bit harsh.

this is pish imo, surely the club would have made as much money with a higher gate at 15 quid than they would at a lower one at 20 quid. i dont see any reason why they had to increase the price by a fiver, thats the cost of a couple of pies and bovril or a programme

Maybe they will save money by not having to open the South Stand?

I think what annoys me the most is that it's just Odense.

I mean, if we'd drawn Man City or Liverpool then by all means, batter up the prices because the fans are paying to see both Motherwell and the opponent. But I'm assuming most of us would put Odense in the same bracket as the last two mobs we've played - ie. Scandinavian teams we don't know much about - and therefore, I don't think the game justifies an increase.

It just reeks of blatant cashing in on the fans and the feel good factor at the moment after the past two rounds.

If we get horsed in Denmark, I could see Fir Park being pretty empty for the 2nd leg which is a shame - but the club will be the only ones to blame.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I always like to try and believe that our football club is somehow different than the others who charge too much and fleece their fans. But when it boils down to it, we're not in the slightest.