Club Charter To Odense

Crazy Diamond

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pointless trying to compare prices between countries, especially for airfares and the like, as they vary considerably between countries. Exchange rates can also make a huge difference and if the Pound is weak against the DKK then they have more buying power. Business in the UK are struggling too, so they are more likely to offer good deals to tourists.

There are a lot of factors to consider over and above "we're getting ripped off". Bottom line is, if you don't like the price then don't pay it. There are plenty of alternatives.

Let me just add, that while the club offer seems expensive, compared to what Aalesunds supporters payed, Denmark and Norway is a lot more pricey to rent rooms, coaches, etc. in.

My club, OB, will not even be arranging any kind of trip to Scotland. If the supporters want to go, then it's up to ourselves to book and travel.

Food and drink is expensive in Denmark. For those travelling on a budget, I suggest supermarkets and kebabshops. Restaurants are very expensive in DK.

And as the Motherwell supporter from Cph said, avoid the "glitzy" places. In general: if you can smoke there, and there are wooden benches/tables, it's cheap to drink there ^_^

Same for my favourite haunt: Starbucks?

I presume there's one or two in Odense.

There is only one Starbucks in all of Denmark. At the airport in Copenhagen. And rumour has it they only keep that one so they can say they're represented in every european country.

We have coffee shops like it. One called "Baresso" is quite like Starbucks. Two of those in Odense. They only keep regular business hours, though. (9-18)

I have to agree with most that people will moan about anythng on here!! Shite thread to say the least!

spot on.....moan fucking moan. How dare the club not let us travel cheaper? Maybe these smart arses should book a charter for peanuts...I'll take a seat on it, then moan like fuck because it doesnt drap me off at the hotel door.....fuckwits honestly.

I'm pretty sure it was made clear in the programme/announcement of one of the other trips that the Motherwell fans weren't subsidising the team and that they were paying for themselves and nothing else.

Afternoon All,

Now it is not like me to get wound up about things I read on this board....I enjoy the comments and I find the discussion really interesting. I also think it is a great way to get info straight out and also clear up issues and give comment. So...

On the charter:

The cost of a charter aircraft is significant so there is always a risk, should we not sell enough seats, that the club will lose money and not just a few pounds. It is my job to balance that risk and also to consider the risk versus team travel options - in this case, where we to have flown scheduled it would have meant the team arriving back in Glasgow at 9pm or thereabouts on Friday night which with a game on Sunday is not ideal.

I won't give you the absolute cost but to charter this aircraft, with 147 seats it is in the region of £60,000 or in old money £410 a seat. Add to that, transfers on buses at both ends including to the match itself and a match ticket and you will see that we have kept the cost at £495 before any hotels, to a minimum.

It was my view and John was in agreement that given the nature of the game and the impact a win could have for this club, taking the risk on the charter was worthwhile. We had to get the team there in as easy a fashion as possible and importantly get them back early to prepare for the Kilmarnock game.

Contrary to some opinion - I have not used the charter as a way to either cover the teams costs or to make revenue for the club. These aircraft cost a significant amount of money and it can't be done on the cheap.

I sometimes think that no matter what we do here, and in this case taking a larger charter to include supporters when we had other options, always seems to bring critisism.

Leeann

Leeann the decision to charter the flight was in my opinion 100% correct, the potential income for the club in getting through to the group stages is enormous and making the travelling for the players as comfortable as possible is crucial in their preparations for the game. Perhaps some of the guys who are critical of the cost will hopefully see the benefits if ultimately we get through the tie and this additional revenue releases funds for new players which every fan wants to see. Either way I believe the bulk of the supporters will back your decision so heres hoping we get the result we are all looking for against Odense.

I sometimes think that no matter what we do here, and in this case taking a larger charter to include supporters when we had other options, always seems to bring critisism.

Sad but true. Despite the protests of the moaning minnies, though, I think it's safe to say the majority of 'Well fans appreciate that the charter option is available at all, and that the cost is reasonable, even though it's inevitably not going to suit everyone's pockets.

However, if you could charter one for me from Dublin Airport next time, that would be even better ;)

Leeann

Schools go back next week Leeann, and their hormones are playing up.

As said above, some 'Well fans will just never be happy no matter what you do.

Personally I think the Club Charter to be a very fair deal, taking everything into consideration, so much so that I'm booked to go and really looking forward to it. I went to Katowice by bus, (and only saw 10mins), Dortmund by bus, (and got no sleep), Nancy by train, (and suffered a long journey home being pestered by a baw-heidit Bun coming north from London), so this time I thought I'd spoil myself a little ................ and IMHO it's excellent value for money.

Well done Leeann :evilgrin:

Schools go back next week Leeann, and their hormones are playing up.

As said above, some 'Well fans will just never be happy no matter what you do.

Personally I think the Club Charter to be a very fair deal, taking everything into consideration, so much so that I'm booked to go and really looking forward to it. I went to Katowice by bus, (and only saw 10mins), Dortmund by bus, (and got no sleep), Nancy by train, (and suffered a long journey home being pestered by a baw-heidit Bun coming north from London), so this time I thought I'd spoil myself a little ................ and IMHO it's excellent value for money.

Well done Leeann :evilgrin:

Ya big sook :D