Club Charter To Odense

Crazy Diamond

Well said Leeann and thanks for taking the time to respond to the moaners.

Like other posters I have travelled to a number away games on the club Charter and to some under my own steam.....on this occasion I am travelling from Newcastle and staying four days.

I have always felt the Charter was good value for money and the only reason I travel independently from time to time is to spend a little more time in the places we visit.

Each supporter who travels will have different needs and the club cannot cover them all. The fact that you do anything at all places you ahead of many other clubs.

It's encouraging that you and others at the club continue to listen to what the fans say and of course there are valid points you can pick up on...........OAP concessions at home Europa games for instance. I wonder how many times Executives of the so called bigger clubs take time out to read and respond to forums such as this. Or how many club owners would even think of taking the time to join supporters (Non Charter) for a pint and a chat as John Boyle did in Norway. However you will NEVER please everyone no matter how hard you try so try not to get too frustrated.

I am sure most fair minded fans will agree with me that you are doing a fantastic job in what is a exceptionally difficult for the cub financially. Keep up the good work and keep taking the tablets.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to have a bit or perspective here...

There may be only half a dozen people on here complaining about the charter, and as I mentioned in a earlier post their complaints were unreasonable because nobody at that time actually knew how much the plane cost.

Now that issue has been cleared up, I dont think anybody can have a valid reason to complain about the charter costs anymore...

I suppose its in some peoples nature to moan about everything, but they are all entitled to their opinions, we may not agree with them but remember it is their right to express them...

Can someone please explain why oap should be entitled to a discount. They have probably paid off their mortgage and are on benefit to help with cost of household bills. Compare this to say a young couple with new mortgage and new baby their disposable income is a lot less. I always find this a strange quirk of our society that pensioners feel that everything should be discounted. HELMET ON FIRMLY

Can someone please explain why oap should be entitled to a discount. They have probably paid off their mortgage and are on benefit to help with cost of household bills. Compare this to say a young couple with new mortgage and new baby their disposable income is a lot less. I always find this a strange quirk of our society that pensioners feel that everything should be discounted. HELMET ON FIRMLY

:whistling: You don't deserve an explanation

:thumbup: You don't deserve an explanation

he's not that wrong.

there's people that are 65 now that will have been born into the nhs era, took advantage of every benefit and have retired before the retirement age gets moved. they'll have made a fortune of house prices as well.

they probably don't support motherwell though.

has anyone travelling on this had any info yet on times and what not?

Not long received the following:

Thank-you for choosing to travel to Odense on the Clubs chartered flight.

Please travel lightly, the baggage allowance for each passenger is 10kg.

Please make your way to The Centenary Suite at Fir Park on 18/08/10 for 7.30am, the coach will leave for Glasgow Airport at 8am prompt.

The flight is set to leave Glasgow at 11am therefore if you are not travelling on the coach you will be required to be at Glasgow Airport no later than 9am for check-in.

Itineraries and match tickets will be distributed on the plane. You’ll be collected by coach at your hotel to travel to TRE- FOR Park on match-day at 5pm for 5.30pm prompt.

For your information -

•Baggage allowance, 10kg

•Arrive at Glasgow for 9am check-in

•Do not forget to book your travel insurance

•Remember your passport

As with our recent European trips, you will be able to leave your travel bag on the bus for the duration of the game.

Your MFC Reps on the day will be myself and Wilma Marshall. Please look out for us at the airport. Should you require any additional information in advance of the trip, please contact me on either of the numbers listed below.

We anticipate another fabulous trip!

Aye, Cheers Iain :cheers: .

Hopefully I can identify a way of getting my baggage on the 5pm bus as I want to March with the Troops :nod:

Shooty in if same as Reykjavik. All luggage store in the 'undercarriage' (if you know what I mean). Just drop it there, have a quiet word in Diane or Wilma's ear and off you march.