Shaun Hutchinson?

yosemite sam

Might not be a bad idea but really hoping this doesn't signal the beginning of the end. At the start of last season this guy looked immense, like the new Shaun Teale infact! I really hope for his sake and Motherwells that he can go on to fulfil the potential he showed when he broke into the team.

Harsh didn't look that big a haddy!

A bit of a weird one for only a month as Ayr United will be lucky to play 2 games in the next month. If it was for the rest of the season I could see the benefit (like Page last season, and Forbes the season before) but it's a rather weird one tbh.

Perhaps the thinking is getting him a few games and then have him back by January when/if Reynolds is sold.

I agree, I thought Hutchy looked a class above, right from the start.

Lets hope he can get fit and into our first team!

i bet you loads of posters would have said the same about Forbes around September/October last year. You shouldn't build him up so much imo, you'll only end up dissapointed

He generally looked a bit sluggish and the lack of games and injuries hampered his development, with no reserve league, he wasn't getting the chance to gain back quickly what he'd lost in the time out, ergo a move to a lower league team will allow him to complete/aid his development.

• 4 weeks later...

I take it the weather made sure this never actually happened? Either way they are still looking to get him.

Ayr United boss Brian Reid needs more players

Dec 17 2010 by Mike WIlson, Ayrshire Post (main ed)

WORRIED Ayr boss Brian Reid fears he could run out of players as the big freeze continues to bite.

Loan youngsters Danny McKay, Scott Taggart, Stephen Reynolds and Stuart Bannigan are due to return to their clubs at the turn of the year.

And a move for Motherwell defender Shaun Hutchinson is now up in the air after Craig Brown’s departure from Fir Park.

Reid revealed: “We could be down to 14 players, two of whom are goalies. And that includes youngsters like Aaron Connolly and Ross Robertson.

“The Board know that I need to bring in players and they have always been very supportive. But times now are the toughest I have ever known.

“If I can bring in two or three more, I feel we could push on for the league title but, if not, we will be in the hands of the Gods if we run into suspensions and injuries especially when we face two games a week.”

Reid is well down the road on plans to bring in a striker while Kilmarnock defender Gavin Brown is a likely January target. But it’s the loss of play anywhere Dean Keenan, recovering from cruciate ligament surgery, which has hit the squad hardest.

Forbes was brilliant when he came on against St Mirren. I would be more than happy to see him given a chance in the centre of midfield.

I can't wait to see Hutchinson play for Motherwell again.

Nail on the head. I don't think Forbes would be brilliant in the centre, but I think we would certainly do a job. Anyone can see the boys not a winger.