Half A Dozen Fans Lifted

well_legless_69

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About an hour before they got lifted, me and my wife had the misfortune to be standing next to the so called fans. We lasted about 5 minutes before we moved on, embarrassed and disgusted.

The group...not one item of claret and amber to be seen.....were well tanked up and shouting abuse at any local who happened to pass by.Kids, Women, Older folk all received the treatment. The last straw was when one shouted in the face of a black guy....."Fuck off you black bastard!" As Mr Benitez used to say......FACT.

Not surprised at all the police got involved.....only disappointed it took so long. Guess the locals who were abused were too frightened to make a complaint. As for them being well fans..... They stood apart from everyone else, wore no colours, did not join in the celebrations and were clearly looking for trouble. Just glad they ended up having a go at each other and not some innocent passer by.

Pity they are still not locked up in Odense. Hopefully, the Club will ban them for life ( wonder how many times they have actually set foot in Fir Park ).

How some of the apologists on here can even think of defending them and having a go at the police is laughable.

How some of the apologists on here can even think of defending them and having a go at the police is laughable.

To be fair, I can't remember reading anyone defending the sort of behaviour you have just described. There's a big difference between a few drunk fans getting into a scuffle with one another, which is what we were led to believe had happened (from both Motherwell and Odense fans), and racist thuggish hooliganism.

I'm sure now that you have set the record straight most folk will agree the so called "fans" got exactly what they deserved.

;) Deary me, another for the 'better fan than you' debate...

Regrettable incident for those on either side which has been agreed. Don't get dizzy up on yer high horse mind.

In your attempt to get your point across, mentioning more than once as if it matters, no claret and amber to be seen. Motherwell fashionista are you? Need to adorn club colours to be an erm, 'fan'? Well? Lot more regulars who weren't in Denmark will be fooked also.

As for them being well fans? Standing apart from everyone else, again wearing no colours, did not join in the celebrations means the group was clearly looking for trouble? :nod: As for celebrations... no high jinks and inebriation from the appropriately dressed?

Why would the club ban them for life? A matter for the local constabulary, not in the clubs' jurisdiction I'd have thought. Men arguing whilst enjoying a social drink and a little sporadic violence when the mood takes them for good measure? That idea will never catch on over here now, will it? As for the wonder how many times they have actually set foot in Fir Park... I'd wager as many, if not more than yourself.

How some of the apologists on here can even think of defending them? Bit repetitive no? Simply for those who regularly vent mock outrage and attempt to foist their holier than thou attitude on others is the answer...

Initially mostost of the Well fans were totally unaware these guys were around. As I said, they were apart from the rest of us. For those that can remember the layout...they were on the wall just beyond the Cash Machine for at least an hour before they were lifted.

We only became aware of them because we had left Ryans to go for a look round and when we got back we sat on the same wall to grab a sandwich before setting out for the game. We quickly moved back down to where the majority of the fans were. Later, when the police moved in, we told a few folk what had happened but there was no point in making a big thing of it because the police were dealing with it.

I only posted some facts on here because a few of the comments suggested some sympathy for the guys who got lifted.

About an hour before they got lifted, me and my wife had the misfortune to be standing next to the so called fans. We lasted about 5 minutes before we moved on, embarrassed and disgusted.

The group...not one item of claret and amber to be seen.....were well tanked up and shouting abuse at any local who happened to pass by.Kids, Women, Older folk all received the treatment. The last straw was when one shouted in the face of a black guy....."Fuck off you black bastard!" As Mr Benitez used to say......FACT.

Not surprised at all the police got involved.....only disappointed it took so long. Guess the locals who were abused were too frightened to make a complaint. As for them being well fans..... They stood apart from everyone else, wore no colours, did not join in the celebrations and were clearly looking for trouble. Just glad they ended up having a go at each other and not some innocent passer by.

Pity they are still not locked up in Odense. Hopefully, the Club will ban them for life ( wonder how many times they have actually set foot in Fir Park ).

i never had colours on either,am i not a fan of the club?

The group...not one item of claret and amber to be seen.....were well tanked up and shouting abuse at any local who happened to pass by.Kids, Women, Older folk all received the treatment. The last straw was when one shouted in the face of a black guy....."Fuck off you black bastard!"
I think it's the latter part of that paragraph that should be of more concern (assuming it's accurate).