Real Radio Phone In

East_Stand_Al

Ewen Cameron: A Motherwell fan has made me aware of what some Well fans were saying on a messageboard. As you may have heard we are backing Well this week. Trying to get all fans to back them. Fill the stadium. Do the show from Firpark. Yet these fans who complain when we dont talk them up now don't want us there because.....we were critical of their pitch last season! Unreal.

No bothered about his pitch comments..i just dont want him at Fir Park because he's a wee baw bag h*n wank.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did this quote come from? He is a pantomime broadcaster and his show is utterly banal. His show is sooooo bad I would rather sit in silence than listen to his fake laughing at unfunny caller comments. I couldn't care less about his opinion of the pitch. I just find him really, really, really, boring, unfunny, and totally transparent.

Ewen Cameron: A Motherwell fan has made me aware of what some Well fans were saying on a messageboard. As you may have heard we are backing Well this week. Trying to get all fans to back them. Fill the stadium. Do the show from Firpark. Yet these fans who complain when we dont talk them up now don't want us there because.....we were critical of their pitch last season! Unreal.

No bothered about his pitch comments..i just dont want him at Fir Park because he's a wee baw bag h*n wank.

That comment says it all - just this week!!!

Totally see where Camerons coming from if that comment is true. Well fans love to moan about everything under the sun. If the teams winning yer aw half gutted because you can't have a rant about how shit a certain player is. Sure, he tore into us for having a disgrace of a pitch but why shouldn't he? It was a disgrace and there was no way we could defend it. He tries to get right behind the well and you all moan about it? Some of the people on here are just as bad as old firm supporters regarding blind loyalty, paranoia and bigotry.

Where did this quote come from? He is a pantomime broadcaster and his show is utterly banal. His show is sooooo bad I would rather sit in silence than listen to his fake laughing at unfunny caller comments. I couldn't care less about his opinion of the pitch. I just find him really, really, really, boring, unfunny, and totally transparent.

+1

I must admit I cringe when I hear him opening his own canned laughter, I squirm in my seat. Other than that, typical tabloid journo, always trying to be sensationalist and get a rise out the audience.

He's like a less knowledgeable Scotty McClue. He's got to make sure he's always got one or two callers sitting on hold and the majority of his views ensure there are always a few hot headed who see the red mist descending and reach for the phone to offload a rant, makes better radio after all.

I cant see the problem here. Ok i dont particularly like the guy either and yes he did slag our pitch off but as pointed out in an earlier post our pitch was shocking and we slagged it off, so its ok for us to do it but not anyone else!!!!!

Im actually pleased that hes trying to get behind our club and encourage folk to come along to the game. Afterall we are supposed to be supporters of the club so ffs get behind everything that will hopefully help our team get the result we want on thurs night!!! Some folk need to get a grip instead of thinking about yourself for once think about your club and what'll help them!!

Totally see where Camerons coming from if that comment is true. Well fans love to moan about everything under the sun. If the teams winning yer aw half gutted because you can't have a rant about how shit a certain player is. Sure, he tore into us for having a disgrace of a pitch but why shouldn't he? It was a disgrace and there was no way we could defend it. He tries to get right behind the well and you all moan about it? Some of the people on here are just as bad as old firm supporters regarding blind loyalty, paranoia and bigotry.

Agreed.

Criticism is one thing,that clown was screaming for point deductions which if he had got his way would have cost us our place in the Europa league,worth thinking about when your all fawning over Motherwell's new best friend.

Criticism is one thing,that clown was screaming for point deductions which if he had got his way would have cost us our place in the Europa league,worth thinking about when your all fawning over Motherwell's new best friend.

His comments about the pitch were pish and made him look like a fanny but that is not the point. We moan that we don't get any coverage and all they talk about is the old firm and then they are giving us coverage and free advertising and what do we do moan at that as well and tell them to bolt. Some people need to get a grip of themselves.

Get a grip, eh?

No one is "fawning over" him, all were saying is that having the show at Fir Park, and giving the game some publicity and the club a bit of backing is no bad thing.

Cameron works for real radio, and his job is to be as controversial as possible, so he'll always take things to the extreme to provoke as much response as he can. Pretty sure a radio phone in would struggle without this.

Having said that, personally i'm not a fan by any means, but i dont see any problem with a radio station wanting to broadcast from fir park, no matter who the presenter/summariser may be.

Fair play to the guy, he's obviously done his job well if some of you are still holding a grudge over comments made about the pitch. It was a 'joke' as we all know. Well done to the 'Real Radio' 'football phone in' for getting behind the Dossers this week. To be honest we've had pretty decent coverage on the show over the years.

Why do we think Motherwell will be getting money for this ??

Real Radio can do the show from the back of a van so why will they pay Motherwell ??

If it is broadcast from the Cooper Suite or Centenery Suite then we might be getting some cash but I don't think we'll be buying Lionel Messi on the strength of it.

Don't really have a problem with it but I don't think Real Radio are broadcasting it for any other reason than to jump on the Europa League bandwagon.

Look forward to hearing them on Friday if we don't get the result we want on Thursday.

Mon the Dossers

Why do we think Motherwell will be getting money for this ??

Real Radio can do the show from the back of a van so why will they pay Motherwell ??

If it is broadcast from the Cooper Suite or Centenery Suite then we might be getting some cash but I don't think we'll be buying Lionel Messi on the strength of it.

Don't really have a problem with it but I don't think Real Radio are broadcasting it for any other reason than to jump on the Europa League bandwagon.

Look forward to hearing them on Friday if we don't get the result we want on Thursday.

Mon the Dossers

Dont know anything about money to broadcast but we're getting good positive advertising all week for Thursdays game, that will help shift some briefs. As for bandwagons, christ, you lot were moaning about lack of coverage for previous matches.

The guy is a banger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! End of..

Total banger!!!

he's a rangers/hearts fan (in that order) and he knows if we win tomorrow night, the spl get the 2 champions league places back in 2011 - 12 season, i.e. giving rangers a better chance of getting into it.

He's a first class fanny not kidding on

Wonder how long it'll be before Ewen starts taking credit for filling Fir Park, in what is our biggest European match to date?

"There's far too many on here who don't see the bigger picture of what we're trying to do for the town of Motherwell on what could be the biggest night in their history"

Ah, so he managed a few days at least...

Wank...