Europa League Group Stages Draw

Yir Elder

The draw is starting now, live on Eurosport for any fellow masochists out there!

It will be our 'Bullseye' moment, ie "Here's what you could have won!" as the great Jim Bowen said many many times!!

Hope Odense get a group lacking in glamour, cos if they pull a couple of decent sides out the hat it'll be very sore!

Thing is it wouldn't matter would it? We wouldn't just take over their place in the seedings so the draw would be completely different. Or am I misunderstanding the complexities of what should be a fairly simple x versus y process?

Your right and we would have been in the last pot where AA Gent now are based on the seeding and Aris Thessaloniki would have gone into the 3rd pot.

If you want to get really depressed then the AA Gent ball is the one to follow as thats the ball we would have been :notworthy::evilgrin:

Sporting, Lille, Levski Sofia, Gent

Thats the group we would have been drawn in as UEFA have stuck to the seeding to decide which ball went into which pot .

We would have been the ball that Gent were in the draw.

Nothing great there, would have fancied our chances of qualfying from that. :notworthy::evilgrin:

but if we had been in the draw we would have been eligable to get put into any group where as AA gent were restricted. So the draw could have been different - basically its a case of "if yer maw had baws she'd be yer da"

Its all so we can at least say "what if" and "if only" and "that fucking ref cost us"....

Very happy with Odense's draw. If they get over 4 points I'll be very surprised. Hope they get fucked right over.

Wouldve been happy with Gents group, we wouldve struggled against Sporting and Lille but I wouldve fancied us at least at home against Sofia.

How can Sporting Lisbon not be considered a "Glamour Tie"? Similarly, VfB Stuttgart, Lille OSC who are packed full of Internationals from France, Germany, Ivory Coast, Italy, Netherlands, Romania, Serbia etc... Two play to near 50000 crowds and the other will be moving to a 50k Stadium. There is a few UEFA final appearances thrown in there aswell. Mental..

How can Sporting Lisbon not be considered a "Glamour Tie"? Similarly, VfB Stuttgart, Lille OSC who are packed full of Internationals from France, Germany, Ivory Coast, Italy, Netherlands, Romania, Serbia etc... Two play to near 50000 crowds and the other will be moving to a 50k Stadium. There is a few UEFA final appearances thrown in there aswell. Mental..

As a Odense supporter I must say I'm satisfied with the draw. We could have ended up in a group with 3 East-European teams, instead we got 3 good trips (Madrid, Bern and Stuttgart). I see VfB Stuttgart as a glamour tie, the city of Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, a stadium with 52.000 spectators (limited to 41.000 due to construction). We are playing Stuttgart when the traditional Christmas market is on (Weihnachtsmarkt). That is perfect. I hope you will qualify next year.

Btw. I was given the responsibility to take care of a Scottish flag and that I will do, I will bring to Bern and Stuttgart.

...because If I PERSONALLY had a hand pick of teams to draw I would have picked others (teams I know more about, have more interest in, countries I haven't visited before and so on).

Someone having different opinions and interests in other teams. Mental...