Some 'well Fans And Their Bloody Pish!

Well Up For It!

So if we could transfer all the knowledge of online football into the little brains on a proper game - get them performing their rainbow flicks and defence splitting passing football, Scottish Football may yet have a future.

For that we need more coaches. Just signed up for 2003's myself as a Goalkeeper Coach, but sadly the head coach has a habit of messing the kids around by missing training, so it is left with me who, lets be honest, only has the ability to teach them how to be a goalkeeper - or to strike the ball with both feet.

We need more kids to go to 4's, 7's and Youth teams/ We need more coaches to run these, and we need a lot less parents sticking their oar in from the sidelines....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue we had at my school team wasn't a lack of talent from the players. The main problem was that any talent, such as flair, final ball, or pace (a personal frustration) was literally overshadowed by a determination to play a full starting 11 who were over 6 foot 2.

There were a couple of cracking players in the squad who never made it out of a training session in order to accommodate as many large players as possible, to the point where there were 5 centre halves playing across the back 4, and in central midfield. It makes sense if the wee guy is lightweight as well, but even the broader ones never got close.

The issue we had at my school team wasn't a lack of talent from the players. The main problem was that any talent, such as flair, final ball, or pace (a personal frustration) was literally overshadowed by a determination to play a full starting 11 who were over 6 foot 2.

There were a couple of cracking players in the squad who never made it out of a training session in order to accommodate as many large players as possible, to the point where there were 5 centre halves playing across the back 4, and in central midfield. It makes sense if the wee guy is lightweight as well, but even the broader ones never got close.

Your school had obviously never heard of Maradona (5 ft 5in), Pele (5 ft 8 in) or Messi ( 5 ft 7 in) who are probably the best 3 footballers ever. :O

Your school had obviously never heard of Maradona (5 ft 5in), Pele (5 ft 8 in) or Messi ( 5 ft 7 in) who are probably the best 3 footballers ever. ;)

It's not a problem confined just to that one school, seen the same senario played out plenty of times. It seems to be a national trait for some reason, even to the point that at a conference someone put the question across to Billy Stark, (just after his appointment at U-21 manager), whether Xavi and Iniesta would have made it through our system and his answer was 'No' due to their lack of height and physicality.

Maybe in America, but a load of shite here......you never see my boy, because he's constantly outside with his mates kicking a baw, the only fitba' he sees is when I drag him to Fir Park or force him to watch Scotland on the TV.

Im pretty sure having watched Scotland tonight your boy could have a hellava good claim for cruelty against you for forcing him to watch that shit

Billy Stark, (just after his appointment at U-21 manager), whether Xavi and Iniesta would have made it through our system and his answer was 'No' due to their lack of height and physicality.

since his squad includes barry bannan who is probably the smallest player i've ever seen as well giants like caddis, arfield, wotherspoon and fleck he's talking shite.

if anything we've plenty wee guys (naismith, maloney ect) and could do with some decent big players.