Motherwell Players For Scotland

prideoflanarkshire

You dont think he's good enough to get a cap for Jamaica?? :blink:

Given the very limited exploits we seen of Hutch last season, I wouldnt be surprised if he gets a couple of moves and really ups his game. Getting into the England squad would be a hard task but we have only really seen a few games from the boy.

He aint good enough for International football.

Hutchison has potential but that is it. I also don't think he has the potential to become a full international player.

Damn, there was me carrying hopes of Saunders developing under the Auld Yins tutelage. Ach well if Mitch says so, it must be right.

Glad your learning.

Dont agree with atleast some of that. Reynolds is as atleast as good as Weir (albeit he is in his 40's) and Weir has the disadvantage while playing for Scotland that Bougherra isn't playing along side him. Also International Referees wont allow him to make up for his lack of pace by constantly dragging back attacking opponents, like he gets away with evey week in Scotland.

Our International team should bite the bullet and start playing the younger players like Reynolds now, even if we dont qualify for the nexst tournament or 2, we will be no worse off than we are now and it will give us a chance to establish a younger stronger team for the future.

So you think that Reynolds is better than:

Christophe Berra (Wolves)

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers)

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)

Jay McEveley (Barnsley)

Stephen McManus (Middlesbrough)

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City)

David Weir (Rangers)

Steven Whittaker (Rangers)

I would take everyone on that list ahead of Mark Reynolds. That includes Broadfoot. Reynolds really isnt that good. Surely if he was international class then we would have received more than the £200k from Swansea?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christophe Berra (Wolves) Yes

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers) are you having a laugh?

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur) No but different position.

Jay McEveley (Barnsley) Have no clue about him.

Stephen McManus (Middlesbrough) Ask Celtic fans

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City) Yes

David Weir (Rangers) Yes

Steven Whittaker (Rangers) Yes

Christophe Berra (Wolves) Yes

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers) are you having a laugh?

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur) No but different position.

Jay McEveley (Barnsley) Have no clue about him.

Stephen McManus (Middlesbrough) Ask Celtic fans

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City) Yes

David Weir (Rangers) Yes

Steven Whittaker (Rangers) Yes

:blink:

Cant see past Mark Reynolds!

Christophe Berra (Wolves)

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers)

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)

Jay McEveley (Barnsley)

Stephen McManus (Middlesbrough)

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City)

David Weir (Rangers)

Steven Whittaker (Rangers)

I would take everyone on that list ahead of Mark Reynolds. That includes Broadfoot. Reynolds really isnt that good. Surely if he was international class then we would have received more than the £200k from Swansea?

Hutton, McEveley, McNaughton and Whittaker aren't they more or less Full Backs?

I would say Berra just pip's Reynolds, after all he plays in one of the best leagues in the world against some top class opponents. McManus, not really seen him for Middlesbrough but his form for Celtic before he departed was very poor. Davie Weir!! - I like the fact we have experience but I really think we should be Blooding youngsters if we did make it to Euro 2012 would Weir be in the squad? (fecking hope not) Kirk Broadfoot is a useless chunt, another who wasn't good enough until he joined Rangers.

I think the 200k bid from Swansea was just to test the resolve of our club esph with him only having a year on his contract. I wouldn't put it by a club binding there time. I will bet my mortgage on it that someone will get him for a reasonable fee in January or tie him down on a pre contract.

I think he will get capped, but as per usual it will be on the road out of Motherwell.

He aint good enough for International football.

Really? Do you know much about the Jamaican National Side? Also what is the benchmark of being good enough for International Football? Is it:-

They can play for the current Spain/Holland/Germany side?

They would get into the Brazil or Argentina side?

They would get into the England team?

They could play against Lithuania and not be shown up?

They could play against San Marino and not get shown up?

To be honest, you're lucky if we (Scotland) have enough players to use all fingers on one hand that are of the highest (even middle)"International Class"

Agree with you there, but remember Broadfoot has played a shedload of champions league games and the UEFA cup final. Our Marky can't hold a candle to that kind of experience.

I wonder what percentage of those games he has been apart of that the h**s have won!!

Its a sore day when your own fans rate the like of Broadfoot and such before Reynolds. Sure the guy has f**ked up and cost us an occasional goal, what defender hasn't. Craigan has and he will be writing himself in Motherwell FC and Northern Ireland folklore by being capped for the 50 time. I think every well fan is proud and chuffed for him.

End of the day we all know the script, as soon as he is out the door all of a sudden he becomes an International player, when he is playing for the Old Squirm or in the EPL or Championship.

I lost my passion for our country long ago, Nothing but an Old Firm Select. End of the day if specky does not rate Reynolds fine!!! But Weir? Broadfoot? FFS

I would like to see a young side give it a go this campaign. The like of McCulloch, Weir etc will be finished soon. If we feck up this campaign then it means blooding youngsters during the World Cup qualifiers which then leads to non qualification to that. The future of our National team is bleak. Players like Reynolds and Berra should be used NOW rather than later!

Out of all the Motherwell players Reynolds is the only one I would say could get into the Scotland squad. Unfortunatley in the last few months he has been prone to some major gaffs and this is probably why he isn't in the squad. If he can get his form back then I see no reason why he shouldn't be in the squad.

Murphy if he continues his so far impressive career then he will be knocking on the door, but still got a long way to go.

Lasley - not a chance.

Hammell - not a chance.

Our International team should bite the bullet and start playing the younger players like Reynolds now, even if we dont qualify for the nexst tournament or 2, we will be no worse off than we are now and it will give us a chance to establish a younger stronger team for the future.

You could argue in a sense that particularly opportunity came and went with Berti Vogts.

Given that with each passing tournament that we fail to qualify for, the lower down the rankings we'll fall, the harder the draws will likely be making it even more difficult qualify.

We really, really need to qualify pretty soon for something before we get to that tipping point where it becomes nigh on impossible and you are relying on some freakish golden generation coming through all the at the same time. You might argue we are already there!!

There is no other Scottish defencder on the same level as Davie Weir.

If Broadfoot was playing for Motherwell, he would be a standout performer.

I like Reynolds and think he may have an international future but it won't be at centre half. He needs to show that he is capble of playing left back or just in front of the defence. Think he would have benefited greatly if he had continued to work under a mentally stable Jim Gannon.

There is no other Scottish defender on the same level as Davie Weir.

He is nearly deed tho. We need to look to the future. Motherwell have had a fine traditon of producing top notch young players which have always been overlooked. A think Markie should be given his chance. No worse than what is in the squad.

Given the very limited exploits we seen of Hutch last season, I wouldnt be surprised if he gets a couple of moves and really ups his game. Getting into the England squad would be a hard task but we have only really seen a few games from the boy.

I agree with this. Although its a big ask, I think Hutch has the potential to be the most successful player ever to come through our ranks. Or he could get a bad run of injuries and fade away. A lot to do with luck, but he certainly has a chance.

Bit harsh on Reynolds, Mitch, but I do kinda agree with you. Reynolds will be a Scotland regular in a few years time, have no doubts about that. He has pace which is a huge bonus for any centre half. Right now he is no better than the current regular Scoltand defense - maybe excluding Broadfoot amd definately Kenneth! But he is diffrent to them all, as he is Usain Bolt compared to our regualr back four! His weakness is decision making, positioning and height. The first two will naturally improve with experience.

As for the rest of the squad, think Murphy and Saunders will have international experience in the future. If Humphrey qualifies for Jamica then he will be a regualr with them, and maybe Blackman has a outside chance. Hard to say as we ain't seen much from him.

As for Hateley, does he not qualify for Scotland? If so, then he has the potential to maybe be an International.

That said, if ANY of our Scottish players sign for the Old Squirm they will be in the very next squad after there move! :rolleyes: