Calling All Salad Dodgers

underboyleheating

Football fans in training

Starting at Fir Park soon Football Fans in Training (FFIT) is a new nationwide health project being launched across every club in the SPL, and set to kick off this September at Motherwell FC.

ffitposter1.jpgSupporters can sign up to take part in sessions aimed at increasing physical activity, improving diet and promoting a healthy lifestyle.

FFIT is open to 35-65 year old overweight males and is being provided by Motherwell FC as a FREE service to our supporters! You will become part of the club for 12 weeks, being issued with official Motherwell FC training kit to work with our football and health coaches one evening per week.

Similar programmes have proved a massive success with clubs in the English Premiership and Championship. Now we will be leading the way in Scotland!

To sign up all you have to do is meet the criteria below, and contact us with your details.

It’s a great opportunity to improve your fitness, lose weight, and train with fellow supporters at Fir Park.

Motherwell FC Football Fans in Training

Start Date: 21/09/2010, 3pm-5pm and 5.15pm to 7.15pm.

Venue: Davie Cooper Suite, Fir Park

Eligibility

You are eligible to take part if you are a male between 35 and 65 years old and meet any of the following criteria:

• BMI of 27+ (Calculate this by visiting http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ )
  • Belly 100cm + (measure your waist and go around your belly!)
  • Trouser waist size of 38 inches +

Contact

To get involved please email us on Graeme.mcarthur@motherwellfc.co.uk]Graeme.mcarthur@motherwellfc.co.uk[/email] This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or call 01698 239926 with the details below:

Name

Address

Postcode

Contact Telephone

BMI / Belly / Trouser size

Or contact the Motherwell FC FFIT team on:

Telephone: 01698 239926

Email: Graeme.mcarthur@motherwellfc.co.uk

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

CLUB ACTION: Scottish Government funding requires us to keep a record of everyone who has responded even if they turn out not to be eligible, or drop out of the programme.

Guys - if you are swithering - this is a great course to get involved in.

The SPL Trust have brought in some really good people to develop the course, and Graeme McArthur who is leading the course for Motherwell FC is one of our top community coaches with wide experience of health and wellbeing.

Stevie Kirk will also be popping in now and again, and you will get the chance to meet some of the players.

There will also be a competition between the SPL Clubs to see which team's fans lose the most weight. So it would be great to see the 'Well topping this particular league table.

Give Graeme a call or drop him a line on the contact details provided.

This is a great opportunity for all of us with the middle age spread. Personally this is ideal for me without committing to a direct debit to some gym. That may come later if/ when I start to benefit from this scheme.

All I can say is get aff yir fat arses and join in. You know who you are!!!!

Just got myself registered on the 5.15 sessions too. Sounds like a good idea, wee bit of motivation for a fat lazy b'stard like me, and once I start to see and feel the benefits might even commit to a gym membership for the first time in 10 years. You think they will fit us wi a tag which sets off an alarm every time we go near the Pie Stalls??