Train To Inverness

Jimmo

I got a scotrail friends fare yesterday online, £42.20 for 4 return tickets from Queen Street to Inverness on the 6th of November for the well game. There are still some tickets available although I had to get the later train back, departing Inverness at 20:15.

We're exactly the same mate. The only problem with that is that we miss the last train to 'Well when we get back to Glasgow. Are you heading back to Motherwell? If so, we could club together and book a minibus from George Square? There should be eight of us.

Sorry mate, I stay in the Southside now so we'll probably just go out in town when we get back (if we are in a decent enough state to get in anywhere)

Noticed an advert somewhere today for a deal Scotrail are doing with Sainsburys. When you do your shopping in Sainsburys you get a voucher to travel anywhere on Scotail for £18 return.

Didn't look at the terms and conditions so not sure what the minimum spend is before you qualify for the offer, but might be worth checking out.

The 20.15 is a no go on the Friends Fare now. Gutted. My Spanish mate is going to be raging anaw, he had his heart set on a complete culture shock for this game! :lol:

If anybody has any spares, gie's a shout! If not, it'll be the pub and Soccer Saturday on the 6th of November. :(

Just a thought... ye can get Friends Fare for the 16:53. Obviously that's far too early, but what are the chances of the nice people at Scotrail letting us on a later train if we claim we simply missed the last one!?

Straws. Clutching them. :lol:

Probably a good chance as your with Marcos. Plead stupidity.

On a similar vein, there are no trains from Motherwell to Edinburgh for the Hearts game :lol: - replaced by buses as follows (courtesy of my bluenose mate)

Buses leave Motherwell at

09:25

10:25

13:15

Buses leave Edinburgh at

18:15

18:26 – a semi fast Scotrail train that takes about 1 hour and calls at Wishy for those interested

20:00

21:15

22:30

Buses are timetables at 1h journey

There are various alternatives via Glasgow and Shotts line (remember some Shotts trains run semi-fast to Bellshill), but I won’t bore you with the petty details unless anyone is particularly interested. But one viable alternative is:- M/well 09:47 – Edinburgh 11:13

Jimmo another option would be as follows

If the train gets into Queen St at 23:29 it gives you plenty of time to get down to the low level and catch the 00:06 train to Airdrie. When you get to Coatbridge phone Penny Cars (private hire company) and get them to meet you at the station to get you over to Motherwell. They always give you a decent rate and are really reliable

Mon the Dossers.

Just a thought... ye can get Friends Fare for the 16:53. Obviously that's far too early, but what are the chances of the nice people at Scotrail letting us on a later train if we claim we simply missed the last one!?

Straws. Clutching them. :lol:

:( I wouldnt like your chances, those Scotrail fuckers are tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm!

:lol: I wouldnt like your chances, those Scotrail fuckers are tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm!

Aye, I reckon the only way we'd get on the train would be to pay at least the difference!

Now looking at the train up with everyone else, and the superb Megabus on the way home... :(

The 20.15 is a no go on the Friends Fare now. Gutted. My Spanish mate is going to be raging anaw, he had his heart set on a complete culture shock for this game! :lol:

If anybody has any spares, gie's a shout! If not, it'll be the pub and Soccer Saturday on the 6th of November. ;)

Why not try the scotrail/sainsbury offer and see if you can get tickets that way? Worth a try and £18 return is still a good deal.