Train To Inverness

Jimmo

Scotrail are fuckin' at it! Went onto the site earlier to buy two singles for me and the Spaniard for the 8.41am to Inverness, with the plan of getting the Megabus home. Nae hassle, two seats for £10.30 a piece - clear as day. So I clicked on them, and went to pay but had to enter my Scotrail username & password. I cannae mind my password so I clicked to have it e-mailed to me. During this time, the seats available for £10.30 magically vanished and by the time I got my password, the price per seat was up to £40.80.

Fuckin' load of shite. Gonnae phone them tomorrow. No danger I'll get cheap tickets, I just feel like abusing fuck out of a Scotrail worker.

So aye, still no further along with actually getting to Inverness.

If anybody has two spare Friends Fare briefs for the Inverness train at 8.41am let me know so the Motherwell Armada can make the journey! There's a pint or two in it for you...

You can still get singles for £10 from thetrainline.com for the 10:11am train. Got my friends fares from there after seeing none on Scotrail or nationrail websites

That's up to £40 now anaw mate.

Looks like the Motherwell Armada will need to head up on the 7.06am effort!

That said, Marcos'll be working night shift the night before so it would still be much, much better for us to get the 8.41am train. So if any generous soul with two tickets for that train would be willing to swap and go up on the 7.06am instead, feel free to let me know in exchange for a pint!!

That's up to £40 now anaw mate.

Looks like the Motherwell Armada will need to head up on the 7.06am effort!

That said, Marcos'll be working night shift the night before so it would still be much, much better for us to get the 8.41am train. So if any generous soul with two tickets for that train would be willing to swap and go up on the 7.06am instead, feel free to let me know in exchange for a pint!!

Aye, I was fuckin' right - it's like a conspiracy to stop the Motherwell Armada making it to Inverness! :cheers:

He's supposed to be working nightshift the night before and might not even make it to Queen Street for 7.06am. He probably will, but it's not guaranteed and we've already bought the tickets. :rolleyes:

So if anybody with two tickets for the 8.41am train there who genuinely doesn't mind getting the 7.06am instead - in exchange for a couple of pints in Inverness obviously - you'd be an absolute hero.

I'm gonnae get involved in this over the weekend, and hopefully get a refund on the ticket I've already bought!

EDIT: Wait - that just worked!? I didnae think your code would work!? I'll believe it fully when the tickets arrive but could be game on for the Motherwell Armada!!

EDIT AGAIN: Terms & conditions state the code entitles you to buy "TWO tickets in ONE TRANSACTION". Delighted!

InvernessAway4thMar06185.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06187.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06188.jpg

if you make that train the cell has passed you :cheers:

:P Outstanding!

Christ, how long ago was this?! I look so young and fresh-faced! :lol:

In fact, pretty sure this was the Inverness game that a few of us went up on the Friday in the Megabus. You can make out the cut on the side of my nose where I'd been hooked by a random teuchter the night before!

EDIT: In fact, if it is then that probably means these photos were taken on the train back home before the stop at Perth where I jumped off a wall and knocked myself clean out! Some trip that was!

:cheers: Outstanding!

Christ, how long ago was this?! I look so young and fresh-faced! :P

In fact, pretty sure this was the Inverness game that a few of us went up on the Friday in the Megabus. You can make out the cut on the side of my nose where I'd been hooked by a random teuchter the night before!

EDIT: In fact, if it is then that probably means these photos were taken on the train back home before the stop at Perth where I jumped off a wall and knocked myself clean out! Some trip that was!

InvernessAway4thMar06065.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06066.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06073.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06079.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06179.jpg

InvernessAway4thMar06235.jpg

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...