Keeping What We Have

East_Stand_Al

Mid January not an awful lot happening in the transfer window in terms of new faces, however many clubs use this opportunity to also tie up existing players on new contracts.

I dont know the ins and outs of our players deals but if a mystery benefactor (Lottery Winner perhaps ) in a one off oppotunity provided funds to slap the Golden Handcuffs on just 1 existing player, who would it be ?

Yep, Porter for me too. We are far better team when he is playing. And probably the best striker we have had since Coyne?

Hughes after that please.

We are an even better team with Clarkson alongside Porter, but Porter will get by far the more votes as it's his contract thats up at the end of the season, whereas Clarky's was renewed last season.

Yep, Porter for me too. We are far better team when he is playing. And probably the best striker we have had since Coyne?

Said that to someone a few weeks ago. Porter is a great player, he links up well with Clarky and his finish is superb.

Would give him a silly amount of wages for him to stay at the club.

No matter what wages we could muster for Ports, he could always get more down south and that's where he'll head, probably and hopefully in the summer.

That apart I'd also want to hold onto Shug and Clarky too.

Hughes would probably be the player I would want to tie up most. But our recent return to form has shown that just about every standout player in the team needs a specific partner to perform. We've seen it with Reynolds upon Craigan's return (albeit Reynolds hasn't been a stand out by any stretch this season), Hughes with Klimp, and Porter with Clarkson.