Caley Thistle Reserve Keeper

East_Stand_Al

Inverness Caledonian Thistle goalkeeper Michael Fraser has agreed to join the Steelmen in the summer.

The 25-year-old has signed a pre-contract and will leave his hometown club when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Fraser has made 73 appearances for Caley Thistle since breaking into the side five years ago but recently turned down their offer of an extension.

Dunno about the rest of you guys but I'm hardly inspired by this, as to me its another indication that Buzz is offski.

I thought Michael Fraser was their first choice keeper? I suppose that may have changed recently...

I've always thought he was a decent enough keeper to be honest. Although it does raise questions about Buzz given that we only ever have loan keepers as back-up.

Feel a bit sorry for young Coutts, would rather see a promising up and coming keeper get a chance rather signing Fraser. I'd imagine Fraser won't be demanding a top wage.

He is meantime in Cyprus with the under 19's. Quite sure his future will be sorted one way or the other on his return. It would be only right for him to find out where this signing leaves him.

I'm looking at it as the first time in ages we will have a proper reserve goalie, one who is not an old man nor 14 and foreign.

As for the guy himself, I'm sure he was playing against Celtic at home, last season or the one before (possibly Scottish cup) and was absolutely outstanding!!!

Celtic Game

Check out his save at 1.30. Belter! From what the Caley fans are saying on P and B he sounds just like Buzz, excellent shot stopper but questionable kicking and dodgy at crosses

Feel a bit sorry for young Coutts, would rather see a promising up and coming keeper get a chance rather signing Fraser. I'd imagine Fraser won't be demanding a top wage.

Aye Coutts is one of the good guys for sure, not a stuck up wanker like some youth team players can be.

I've been a critic of Smith at times but I think he's a better goalkeeper than Fraser.

You have to give players a chance but I have some real reservations about this one. I'd rather we had tried to bring in a keeper from the lower leagues with a good reputation like Tuffey or Gallacher.

I see this quote from MM on BBC Site

"We're going to run with two full-time goalkeepers next season, if Graeme Smith re-signs," said the manager.

"If he doesn't, Michael Fraser will step in and we will then look for cover. "But we are still very hopeful that Graeme will decide he should be here a bit longer and then we will have two really good goalkeepers instead of looking for a loan."

Interesting time next week when Coutts and Seb return from Cyprus then. Sounds like the door has opened for them to go with no future at the Club next Season. Hopefully they will tell them so they can put themsleves in the shop window.

Are they both not about 19? I'm sure they will be happy to play reserve or U-19 football for another season.

Both will be too old to play 19's and it is well reported that Clubs are hoping to do away with Reserve football. This is going to be a problem for players in these age brackets at all Clubs if Reserve team football is done away with.

Even without reserve games we would have the option of sending them out on loan to get some games.

I would be surprised if Fraser signing and Buzz re-signing, if he does, would mean the end for both the younger keepers. They are only 19/20 with minimal experience,I think it woul have been far too big a risk to ask either of them to replace Smith. A poor start to the season, 1 poor game or a doing of the OF would shatter their confidence and would do more damage than good for their development.

Even without reserve games we would have the option of sending them out on loan to get some games.

I would be surprised if Fraser signing and Buzz re-signing, if he does, would mean the end for both the younger keepers. They are only 19/20 with minimal experience,I think it woul have been far too big a risk to ask either of them to replace Smith. A poor start to the season, 1 poor game or a doing of the OF would shatter their confidence and would do more damage than good for their development.

I totally agree with what you say but it is the afforable part for the Club. MM has said he can only afford two full time keepers. Both the young lads would also be on full time wages. Can we afford that bearing in mind most new signings we take in are loan signings. I personally agree with the idea of sending them and other 19/20s out on loan so that hopefully they can go out and prove themselves, so that the Club are screamimg to get them back again.