Fir Park Attendances

Taff

hi all, im kev.

is anyone else a bit suspicious about the official attendance figures at fir park.

fir park capacity is 14,000 or just bellow. Now take away the south stand and that leaves us with a 9,000 capacity. Taking away the Dundee support the attendance for the last united game was 4,000 ish. No way was the 3 other stands under half full. what do you think? :lol:

Well its a bit hard for him to prove anythin unless he goes round countin everyone...tit.
Or they could just estimate the shortfall the same way as they can do if they think someone who earns a lot of tips is cheating them. No counting required...tit.

Is there no a thing though where season ticket holders get counted even though the might no be at the game.

Obviously a cup games different but am sure theres been times i've seen Parkhead and thought to maself,55 thousand ma fucking arse - and someone said season ticket holders get instantly counted for home games.

There must be some sort of a system in place i find it very hard to believe that the taxman just believes MFC's figures off the cuff - and if Motherwell are diddling them for money or any other club for that matter then the cash earned canny possibly be going back into the club as it's not declared - so wheres yir hard earned going? Certainly not into MFC folks...

Celtic are the world's worst at it. 18000 for a cup game against Dumbarton a couple of years ago, and they claimed almost 60000 I'm sure.

Your clearly forgetting the" Seville " calculator for Celtic games, every time you discuss the attendance it swells by 5000 :lol:

Celtic are the world's worst at it. 18000 for a cup game against Dumbarton a couple of years ago, and they claimed almost 60000 I'm sure.

Aye they get it wrong way round stupid c***s. Everyone else knocks a few thousand off, they add it on to make it look good with their average attendance. :unsure:

Without doubt, but people just don't have the money to go to games anymore.

Nail on head. This week for example i couldn't afford to go to all 3 games and most people i know were the same.

But as you said its all been discussed before and it'll be to late by the time clubs realise that the ordinary punter cannot afford it anymore.

hi all, im kev.

is anyone else a bit suspicious about the official attendance figures at fir park.

fir park capacity is 14,000 or just bellow. Now take away the south stand and that leaves us with a 9,000 capacity. Taking away the Dundee support the attendance for the last united game was 4,000 ish. No way was the 3 other stands under half full. what do you think? :lol:

Not again :whistling:

Is this the new Rainbow/Dindeleux thread?

Aye they get it wrong way round stupid c***s. Everyone else knocks a few thousand off, they add it on to make it look good with their average attendance. :whistling:

This is a financial thing with Celtic, they include the season ticket holders because those seats are 'sold' for that game, they can't be resold so they are counted in Celtic's attendance. It's their way of keeping tabs on how many seats are unsold per game. There are quite a few clubs who do it this way, most of the EPL for starters.

This is a financial thing with Celtic, they include the season ticket holders because those seats are 'sold' for that game, they can't be resold so they are counted in Celtic's attendance. It's their way of keeping tabs on how many seats are unsold per game. There are quite a few clubs who do it this way, most of the EPL for starters.

Ach leave me alone wi' ma conspiracy theories. :whistling:

Absolute nonsense, only season ticket holders who attend are included in the attendance figure. At Celtic they'll be able to find out how many season ticket holders attend by the number who swipe in. Why not leave this conspiracy theory alone as the figure by checked by HMRC if they want using a seperate counter system?

What a laugh this place is - earilier on in the week someone under calculated the visiting Dundee Utd fans by a quarter now we're over estimating crowd sizes. The counter never lies! :whistling: