Inverness - 6th November

Stuarty

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's pretty much no chance, but if anyone has a spare Friends Fare for the 8.41am or decides they cannae be arsed with the dry trains and snow then let me know! :doh:

My Spanish mate Marcos who's coming up has just text me to say that his fellow Spaniard Alex fancies going as well.

Don't think of it as just giving your spare train ticket away, think of it as potentially boosting the long-term Motherwell support with two Glasgow-based Spaniards... :notworthy:

I know there's pretty much no chance, but if anyone has a spare Friends Fare for the 8.41am or decides they cannae be arsed with the dry trains and snow then let me know! :lol:

My Spanish mate Marcos who's coming up has just text me to say that his fellow Spaniard Alex fancies going as well.

Don't think of it as just giving your spare train ticket away, think of it as potentially boosting the long-term Motherwell support with two Glasgow-based Spaniards... :notworthy:

Scrap that! I just assumed the Sainbury's deal would no longer be on the go, but I've just booked Alex a return (8.41 out, back at 18:43) for £18! Tickets to be picked up at Queen Street on Saturday!

The Motherwell Armada sets sail!! :doh:

Thought it was worth pointing out that the terms & conditions for the Sainburys thing state that you need to have the wee voucher thing with you to validate your tickets.

Now, the chances of them actually giving a fuck are probably pretty slim, but thought I'd let folk know anyway, given there's probably a lot of folk who've just used the code without having the voucher.

There's three of us with one voucher, so either we're all getting on or someone's getting left at home! :notworthy:

Anyone know the actual chances of them looking for the Sainsburys voucher for every two train tickets?

Just dawned on me that when I pick up Alex's ticket at Queen Street, I'll need to hand over the voucher so we'd be getting on the train without one. I'm happy to chance it, but when I explained the situation to Alex - he's pretty paranoid now, and I think he's having second thoughts! B-)

Anyone know the actual chances of them looking for the Sainsburys voucher for every two train tickets?

Just dawned on me that when I pick up Alex's ticket at Queen Street, I'll need to hand over the voucher so we'd be getting on the train without one. I'm happy to chance it, but when I explained the situation to Alex - he's pretty paranoid now, and I think he's having second thoughts! B-)

If you buy anything at Sainsburys the now and ask for a train voucher they will give you one. Ma maws got hunners but I'm on the 10.10am unfortunatley.

If you buy anything at Sainsburys the now and ask for a train voucher they will give you one. Ma maws got hunners but I'm on the 10.10am unfortunatley.

When was that mate? According to the Scotrail site, the vouchers were only dished out between 20th September and 10th of October.

I need to buy my cargo anyway, so I might as well do it as Sainsburys and see. Normally I wouldn't care and I'd just chance it, but I'd rather be safer than sorry given its two Spaniards I'm taking up!

Went to Sainsburys in Hamilton, purchased my dry train cargo, and walked out with eight Scotrail vouchers (I only asked for one!) :evilgrin:

So aye, as I said - I don't expect there to be anyone checking for the vouchers, but with something like Scotrail you always run the risk of encountering a jobsworth arsehole out for a power trip.

So it looks like I've got a few extra vouchers on the go! If anyone spots me tomorrow and wants just to cover all bases, give me a shout and a voucher's yours! Or if anyone decides at the last minute to go with the £18 return (leaving Queen Street at 8.41am) using the promo code "SAINSBURYS10" then let me know and I'll give ye a voucher tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to this now, but not as much as the Spaniards seem to be!! :lol: