The Most Awful Strip Mfc Has Played In

SteelmaninOZ

The 'Jester' top itself was okay, but combined with the shorts it just looked as though it was missing the big hat with bells on it to complete the look.

The flourescent yellow away kit was easily the worst we've produced in all the time I've been buying Motherwell kits. Cheap, nasty and horrible looking.

The Untouchables 'Administration' kit from 02-04 looked pretty cheap but I actually quite liked that one for some reason. I don't know if it was because it came out at a time when the club was going through a bad time and it felt like club and fans were closer than ever or because we got some great memories when the team played in that kit, ie. beating Celtic & Rangers in the one season, the Cup run of 2003, Faddy's brilliance, and the top six finish the following season against all the odds, but whatever it was, that was a top I liked and still have to this day.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its my age (Being only 16) But the worst Kit I've seen was definitely the Untouchables kit of 2003-2004. Too boring, too simple. Also the 2006-2007 Home one. And I quite like the Zoom Airlines ones.

...Talking about age, :doh: WTF??

Somebody on here isnae gonna like that! ^_^

Had to be back when Ally Mcleod was manager that flouro yellow Adidas strip thank phuc it had NO club badge on it can anyone remember it?

The only real crime of the Adidas top was the god awful colour. This was probably more the fault of Adidas than Motherwell. This was a standard Adidas template from the time and they probably couldn't be bothered to change the yellow for amber. After all, it was only Motherwell. :O

And as for the lack of badge, it did have the "MFC" logotype on it which I always thought was quite stylish, and which we've brought back on away kits in recent years.

The M.F.C script was brought back but sadly not with the same font that was used our original 70's kits. :(

I remember the Mfc on the Admiral Home and Away strip

Slightly odd looking design. I had to redraw this monogram for the Bukta retro copy of our Admiral 70's away top.

The old logotypes and that yellow Adidas top.

2qjx9bp.jpg

Our present club badge is relatively new. I sure it was designed by a fan in a competition run by the club in the early 80's. Does anyone on here know the identity of the winning designer?.

Talking about competitions...

Somebody on here isnae gonna like that! :drinks:

As a graphic designer, I'm used to people not liking/changing my work. If we all liked the same things, the world would be a very dull place. :D

To be honest, Xara did a good job on what was intended as a homage to our 1950's Cup winning 'rugby style' kits. Unfortunately they didn't include all the design elements that were in the original visual, which in my opinion were an itegral part of the over all feel and look. The original design visual can be seen here.

As my memory is shit, Fatcalf, or anyone who may know... What did our 80's Adidas away kit look like?

We didn't have one, we played Dundee Utd in the League Cup and had to borrow theirs, white with black stripes on sleeves, black shorts, white socks. In the League Cup group 79-80 we wore our white Admiral away kit as in the pic young Deco is sporting, still waiting for info on this Purple admiral away kit cos to my recollection we only had that white one.

That Admiral away kit, Like the claret shorts with the amber and white stripes down the sides of my avatar and white socks with C&A stripes round the top. THE best away kit IMO.

Wish I had a picture to post of that Away kit. Anyone got a picture tucked away some where?

Probably just my fading memory but I have no recollection of us wearing the away kit you describe. As SteelmaninOZ says...If anyone has a picture from an old programme, could you please post it.

The worst strip we've ever had is that Zoom Airlines monstrosity.

Design wise it could have been so different, if they had just given a little thought on that god awful white Zoom sponsor patch. The person that approved this should have been jailed for crimes against shirt design.

A side by side comparison, hopefully proves my point.

34o6jio.jpg