Motherwell Vs St Johnstone 10/11 Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from the game. Looked like we could score every time we went up the park in the first half. Second half, we controlled the game and played some great stuff at times.

Humphrey was outstanding, went past their left back as if he wasn't there half the time.

Happy days.

Anybody know why we were in the away dugout?

Great result tonight with a lot of very assured and top performances. as mentioned the Hump was brilliant tonight looked a class class winger and Ganny Grainger looked a confused poor soul whenevr he ran at him. Tried to take Humps head off with an elbow near the end of the first half as payback mind you.

3 really good goal poacher strikes from Big Nick tho, really good game from him aswell. Thot Reynolds and Craggs strolled through the game and Sam Parkin had no joy against them. Fizzy and Jenno also bossed the midfield, Fizzy was a bit reckless with his tackles mind you, really looked like he was trying to impress.

Joint MOTM for me with Nick for his goals and Humphrey for great exciiting wing play.

Good night at the office.

P.s. Ref was shite again.

Ma feet are freezin. Nae steak pies at half time. However!, fine all round performance. Big Esteban carried the team from kick off. (In all seriousness he was quite good actually.) Humphrey on top form. Dundee utd got beat too! Moneh well!!

You should've sat in the main stand then as they were giving away loads of pies with 20 mins to go (including steak ones) 'cos they had made too many :P

As has been mentioned above, were we in the away dug out and dressing room tonight because of how shite we'v been at home? :P It worked anyway.

As for the game itself, magic, sat in second gear throughout the full game and could have quite easily stepped it up and scored another 5 or 6 tonight, everyone gets pass marks but for me special mention to Fitzpatrick. He gets his fair amount of stick on here but considering tonight was his first start in how long I thought he did exceptionally well, broke up alot of attacks and for the most part used the ball very intelligently.

Casagolda looked quite good when he came on aswell, linked the play with the midfield well and looked like when he gets match sharp he could be an asset.

Anybody know why we were in the away dugout?

Just found out. My son just came in. He's a ballboy and he heard Craig Brown say that he felt that wee :wank: Reid was able to influence the stand-side linesman at the Hamilton game, so he decided to take that dugout so that it didn't happen again.

St Johnstone had as much as the game as we did - difference was our back four were good and theres were ganting. Humphrey was electric tonight and Murphy had a couple of good forays too. Fitzpatrick is a much better option than Forbes and did really well - I did shout firfuxache at him in the last minute with my tongue firmly in my cheek but seriously it was the only noteworthy mistake the boy made. Was a bit concerned when Brown started resting the players for Saturday that he might bring Hollis for Randolph as change number three. Crawford Allan is a pernickity wee dick as a ref - always has been and was the same tonight but he had no decisions to make that were game changing so for that lets be grateful. And the yellow card call on Enckelman was spot on.