Motherwell Vs St Johnstone 10/11 Discussion Thread

David

A classic Wednesday night in the pissing rain fixture coming up.

If we can grab all three points here, and Hearts drop points against Celtic we could see a 5 point cushion forming over them.

United dropping points against St Mirren would be a bonus as well, although I won't hold my breath on that front.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was shocked at the St J scoreline on Saturday. Tbh, after our impressive win at the weekend I would have to say we should be looking at handing out a doing. The good thing is, that unlike Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Accies, Saints won't come to Fir Park to "park the bus" and have stopping us playing as their main objective. It should certainly make for a more expansive match. I'm going for Motherwell 3-1 with a Gow double and a Jennings goal to round it off.

Tough one i reckon, but we really need to win here and start picking up our home form to hold onto 3rd. Dundee Utd and Hearts coming on to form at the wrong time. Still, I'm happy and confident that a Top 6 finish is looking very good for us this year.

As long as St J don't stifle us a la Hamilton Accies (which they shouldn't) then we should get plenty of chances to score. Murphy and Lasley maybe back in the team too... I'll plump for a 2-1 or 3-1 win to Motherwell.

hoping we go back to having a good start at home again. Blackman has scored all his 5 goals away from home so far so hoping he can get on the scoresheet. Not sure who id drop, gow or sutton, for murphy as i think gow's coming onto a game.

1 goal in it either way

The next two games will be very tough as we're meeting sides in poor form and sliding down the SPL table, and we know what usually happens then! That said, with the St Johnstone game in mind, we are due to give someone a hammering, and their defence has been shocking lately.

Mind you, and kind of victory will do me just fine, and with all our main goal threats fit we should hopefully have enough about us to claim all three points.

I'll say 2-0 with Sutty and the Blackman on target, plus a p45 for Dingus too!!

Our home record against St.Johnstone is as poor as our away record against them is good. For that reason, I fancy St.Johnstone to beat us on Wednesday night.

2-0 Saints in an awful game with zero atmosphere and very little entertainment value

Beat me to it!!!

That said, who knows?!?!?! This is Motherwell and anything could happen. A defeat would be a disaster though. We can't continue this poor run of home form for many reasons. One of them being it is totally undoing our great away form!!

One of them being it is totally undoing our great away form!!

You could argue our away form is stopping us from being in a relegation dogfight.

Anyway look at the SPL and it is bizarre that SEVEN teams have better away records - us, both the OF, Hamilton, Killie, Inverness and Hearts - more and more teams are learning to play the game away and I suspect like every other game this season we will come out the traps and go at them and the secret is to kill them off in the first half. Again on Saturday at Inverness we were hanging on in a game we should have been out of sight in. However they are short of bodies and we have our influential ones all available and I think our pace will murder Duberry so fancy we will win this one.

I have no doubt this will be a tight affair,but i really think that 3 points will come, we will get off to a quick start as per norm then soak up in the last twenty, its all about getting our nose in front in the opening exchanges of the match. If we can score in the first twenty minutes i reckon we could go on to win 3 or 4 to 1.... we will always concede @home that is set in stone.

Blackman and Gow should prove to be the difference in the teams scoring, but the engine of Jennings and the Pace of Humphrey will be the key to providing the assists for the above mentioned.

Prediction if we score in the first twenty mins (4-1)

Prediction if we dont score in the first twenty minutes (1-1)

And a Scotland call up for Chris Humphrey :blush:

Our home record against St.Johnstone is as poor as our away record against them is good. For that reason, I fancy St.Johnstone to beat us on Wednesday night.

2-0 Saints in an awful game with zero atmosphere and very little entertainment value.

Well lets change that then.

Its not Martians that create atmospheres mate. Its You, me and every other individual who's at the game.

I hear folk moaning about the atmosphere at games as if its other peoples place to create an atmosphere.

We are fighting to keep hold of that 3rd spot at the moment and are pulling out some great results away.

We got plenty of reasons to get behind the team. Its not as if were playing a pointless midweek game with nothing to play for.

Im well up for it, i don't care if its st Johnston or rangers, 3 points is 3 points. :huh:

You could argue our away form is stopping us from being in a relegation dogfight.

Anyway look at the SPL and it is bizarre that SEVEN teams have better away records - us, both the OF, Hamilton, Killie, Inverness and Hearts - more and more teams are learning to play the game away and I suspect like every other game this season we will come out the traps and go at them and the secret is to kill them off in the first half. Again on Saturday at Inverness we were hanging on in a game we should have been out of sight in. However they are short of bodies and we have our influential ones all available and I think our pace will murder Duberry so fancy we will win this one.

dundee united are the only team outside the old firm to have won more than 2 home games.

our 7 points at home gives us the 5th most points taken at home in the league (although it's been stilted by some teams having played 5 and some 6). you could also say that things could be very different due to some shocking penalty decisions against hibs, celtic and accies.

Or just a shocking penalty against Accies.

I'm not confident about this one. I've seen St. Johnstone beat us (often easily) too many times by just appearing to be up for the battle and being well organised to expect anything other than a struggle unfortunately.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

See chat in the paper today of a bug in the squad coming back from Inverness. Not a huge squad so even a couple not fully at it could have an impact. Casagolda I'm not getting overly excited about and would be surprised if we see him at all tomorrow.