Referee V Hibs

Yir Elder

Celtic cannot demand that he does not referee one of their games again. They tried that with Andy Davis and he was on the line again. Clubs can have no say in the officials who officiate for them. And Mike McCurry was never allowed a Rangers or a United game after his performance in May 07. He did another full season and nobody from any other club publicly voiced any dissent about it. And to be fair unlike McCurry what McDonald did had no impact on the outcome of the game. They may decide he doesn't referee a Celtic game (I suspect they might) but I have no issue with him refereeing in the SPL. And if I was Hugh Dallas I'd give him a Celtic game because for his faults he is big enough to handle it.

Celtic only need to point to the fact that McDonald lied to them and state that they do not wish a referee who has admitted lying to their manager to take any further part in their games, they have a legitimate reason.

If Celtic did that it would put the cat amongst the pigeons, the SFA would have no option but to accede, how could they not?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic only need to point to the fact that McDonald lied to them and state that they do not wish a referee who has admitted lying to their manager to take any further part in their games, they have a legitimate reason.

If Celtic did that it would put the cat amongst the pigeons, the SFA would have no option but to accede, how could they not?

the refs should tell them that they don't wish to officiate matches involving a club who's manager was caught on camera calling a ref "a fucking cheat" multiple times and whose thick as shit striker said in front of a room of journos that refs intentionally cheat against celtic, they have a legitimate reason.

that would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

the refs should tell them that they don't wish to officiate matches involving a club who's manager was caught on camera calling a ref "a fucking cheat" multiple times and whose thick as shit striker said in front of a room of journos that refs intentionally cheat against celtic, they have a legitimate reason.

Well said that man!

the only thing the cover up did was protect the linesman. the lie he told lennon was that he fucked up and the linesman gave the correct decision which was a better outcome for craven than the truth that he knew it wasn't a penalty but gave it anyway.

I don't think Craven will have seen the lie as an attempt to protect him! In the week after the match, Craven received alleged death threats and harassment of his family causing him to resign earlier than he had planned (well, that was part of the reason). He got this hassle because McDonald claimed the linesman told him it wasn't a penalty, when really what happened was the linesman told the ref that he was in a better position at the edge of the box to make the decision. If McDonald had any f*cking balls he'd have admitted he made an initial mistake then changed his mind, meaning the responsibility was on his shoulders....not Craven's.

According to todays Daily Record;

It is believed Regan and other SFA chiefs were amazed when they learned on Monday that McDonald, who refuses to resign despite admitting he lied to a supervisor and Celtic boss Neil Lennon after a recent SPL match at Tannadice, had been given another top-flight game.

McDonald will take charge of Hibs v Motherwell on Saturday, although there could be moves to block this appointment.

If McDonald had any f*cking balls he'd have admitted he made an initial mistake then changed his mind, meaning the responsibility was on his shoulders....not Craven's.

the responsibilty for what... a correct decision?

macdonald explains the thinking behind the lie as that he was going to be marked down by the supervisor no matter what. if they told the truth craven would also be marked down by the supervisor but if they said craven said it wasn't a pen he would be marked up.

Exactly, but that's all been forgotten about. Sweep, sweep as the "Celtic broom" ushers away any wrong doing once again.

Yer right there. Lying is accepted and encouraged in football. The fact that a ref shat it under the pressure and media created atmosphere in order to protect himself is pretty insignificant compared to the lies and slander that gets flung around on and off the field.

What they were booked for as well was shocking, especially when you consider some of the tackles the Hibs players put in and only got the same. They should have had at least 1 red, if not more as they completely lost the head in the second half. Our guys were booked for complaining because they were being kicked to fuck.

Figure that one out :wallbash:

I'd disagree. Lennon is a moaning faced tosser who thinks the world is against him and his "wonderful, never do wrong" club. McDonald is a completely inept clown who should never referee a game ever again. Whilst he may be right about McDonald, Lennon seems to believe he can behave in whatever fashion he likes ant no-one is allowed to take him to task.

what a prick.

blatant hibs handball and we end up with two players booked. at the time i thought it was 3 but obviously craggs wasn't booked.

ian murray steams in on randolph, studs him on the thigh and somehows gets away with a yellow plus craggs gets a yellow for nothing.

galbraith jumps in and studs reynolds. mark stays upright even though he was caught. result yellow each. fuck off you absolute joker.

motherwell yellow cards in the 14 domestic games not invovling mcdonald 12. motherwell yellow cards in the two games involving mcdonald 5 (or 6 if craggs did get booked twice).

you cannae blame mcdonald for the offside goal or the result but he was absymal again. it's not a suprise this happened against hibs as everyone knows he's a hibs fan. apparently jim delahunt said on clyde last night this could be his last match, if it is and he has chosen it as his goodbye fixture then we should complain. referees shouldn't get to choose their own appointments.

But the former Scotland boss refused to criticise referee Dougie McDonald, who was returning to a top-flight match for the first time since his controversial penalty U-turn at Tannadice last month.

"We didn't convert our chances and we had a bit of poor luck as well," said Brown.

"We got one in the back of the net, but it was disallowed.

"I think Dougie McDonald is an honest referee and his colleagues are too, so you have got to accept the decisions.

"There were things that I thought might have been wrong, but I'm not going to complain."

Why the fuck not complain, he has shafted us time and time again and he has been proven to be a dishonest liar.

This nicey nicey respectful pish is getting us nowhere teams continue to shite on us and kick fuck out of us and the decisions never go our way, if this were celtic it would be all over the back pages.

As much as I admire and respect Craig for what he has done for our Club I am getting tired of his 'Mr Nice Guy' persona. Never a cross word no matter how awful the decisions against us are and every manager in the opposite dugout is a scholar and a gent and was always going to make it as a top manager. Bit of a change of record please. I'm not asking for a Neil Lennnon in our dugout however I think he should be a bit more honest at times.

moaning isn't exactly working out well for lennon though is it?

saying that if we could ban dougie mcdonald and craig thomson from our games 90% of our problems with refs would disapear.

It isn't but we don't want it to go to that level. Brown is very big on discipline and on field respect. Fair one. Couldn't agree more. However, after Rangers crushed us he bemoaned our players for being "too nice" and they needed a bit of a "mean streak". I'd say he needs to practice what he preaches. He can still be the same respectful manager who everyone speaks highly of AND tell it like it is. No one is talking about the decisons going against us because WE don't even talk about it. Wrong.