Referee V Hibs

Yir Elder

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the only thing he should be sorry for was that he only scored once and didn't absolutely destroy a piss poor St Johnstone side that was there for the taking.

i think it was to do with the fact that it was massively deflected and the ball broke to him from a st johnstone player tackling gow.

Craig Brown is a fantastic ambassador for Motherwell, possibly the best we have ever had. However, McDonald was so bad yesterday that it beggars belief Broon can't even use a few cafefully chosen words to illustrate that. We had more players booked yesterday than we have had in the previous numerous games combined, and all for dissent!! What does that tell you? Fuck, we even had two players booked for having the audicity to allow their legs nearly to be broken!!!

Time for the gloves to come off Craig! No need to go all "Lennon" on the refs but we're getting the piss taken out of us and we need to defend our corner!

Time for Craig Brown to stop being a shit bag and getting stuck into referees and such over shocking decisions. Sheer incompetence from the officials with the offside call yesterday.

He refuses to blame them in the same way he refuses to blame them when we got a perfectly good goal ruled out against Rangers at Fir Park for offside last season.

Time to get stuck into them Craig as your just looking like a shit bag!

Mr nice guy only works if fair decisions are given, right now it looks like officials err on the side of wronging Motherwell as there will be no comeback.

Craig Brown is a great ambassador for Motherwell, but he should also be representing us when the club are wronged, indeed it harms and frustrates our own support to see these blatent mistakes and have NO one acknowledge them not even our own.

Jim/Modernist, Gannon took it just too far for my liking at the time, including failing to fulfill his obligations as manager by refusing to communicate with the media after they reported his dummy oot the pram Dallas letters fiasco but, que sara sara.

However please identify whoever claimed it was not the 'Motherwell way' so they can be taken outside and shot

A few hypocrites on this thread methinks. When Gannon was having a go at the refs many on here were saying it's embarrassing and not the Motherwell way. Now 'Pa Broon is too nice ! Ye couldnae make it up.

I don't think its hypocrisy, we need a balance somewhere between Gannon's letter fiasco and Browns reticence to even hint at dodgy doings.

Either certain Referees are biased against us or, are just really incompetent in which case should they be grade 1 Refs ?

I think Browns got the right idea, he clearly thinks taking the fear out of refereeing is the only way to improve the quality and he's sticking by that by refusing to criticise. That only works however if the rest of the managers take this approach too, otherwise it's just one man being nice.

I really don't know how much difference Browns attitude makes to the decisions though, it's no as if we're getting done over week after week with dodgy decisions. No more than other teams anyway. Yesterday was just a shiter for the Ref and the team.

Jim/Modernist, Gannon took it just too far for my liking at the time, including failing to fulfill his obligations as manager by refusing to communicate with the media after they reported his dummy oot the pram Dallas letters fiasco but, que sara sara.

I see no problem in refusing to communicate with the media, especially if they are turning a blind eye to any bad decision that Motherwell get.

As has been mentioned, if it happens to either of the Old Firm it gets the front page treatment.

I would also have liked to have seen a word or two from the club regarding the overlooking of both Mark Reynolds & Jamie Murphy by that fucker Levein.

I would also have liked to have seen a word or two from the club regarding the overlooking of both Mark Reynolds & Jamie Murphy by that fucker Levein.

Brown said: "I respect the Scotland manager's selection. He is in a position to see the rivals for that position, I'm not. I would never try to influence or phone the manager and say 'You should be picking him'. I didn't like it when managers said it to me."

I think Browns got the right idea, he clearly thinks taking the fear out of refereeing is the only way to improve the quality and he's sticking by that by refusing to criticise. That only works however if the rest of the managers take this approach too, otherwise it's just one man being nice.
Brown has been working within the game for years, seems to be friendly with everybody, and is smart enough to realise that making negative comments about refs in post-match interviews doesn't win him any favours. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has a quiet word or two in private with the powers that be and, in light of his general support of the officials, is more likely to be taken seriously.

I think if Broon was to criticise refs it would carry a lot of weight, given how nice he normally is towards them. How McDonald could book 3 of our players in one go for dissent, whilst letting the same amount of Hibbies away with it at the nalty is simply ridiculous. It also seems complaining about a shocking tackle is as bad as committing a shocking tackle. Five bookings without one bad tackle is diabolical, and typical of McDonald handling one of our games.

Come on MFC, show yer f*cking teeth here!

Brown has been working within the game for years, seems to be friendly with everybody, and is smart enough to realise that making negative comments about refs in post-match interviews doesn't win him any favours. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has a quiet word or two in private with the powers that be and, in light of his general support of the officials, is more likely to be taken seriously.

Refusing to make negative comments about refs isn't doing us any favours. No matter how bad the decision he sits there and says the party line about how the refs have a hard job & that they are honest individuals. Then the next game we play we get more howling decisions against us. It appears to be for Motherwell your damned if you do & damned if you don't. No matter what he says we are gonna get shitey decisions against us next week so come on Brown grow a set & tell them how bloody useless they are.

Refusing to make negative comments about refs isn't doing us any favours. No matter how bad the decision he sits there and says the party line about how the refs have a hard job & that they are honest individuals.

Everyone in the game already knows that when a manager says that about a ref, what they're really saying is "everyone can see the ref made a howler but I'm not allowed to say so". Not sure that explicitly berating them would really add much to that sentiment.