Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Loco's website:

An inspection of the pitch was carried out at 2pm today. There has been some improvement and the covers are to to be put down this afternoon.

There will be another inspection at 9am tomorrow when Motherwell FC will be advised of the situation, and if necessary a further and final decision on the pitch will be made at 12 noon.

So if the game is called off at noon, the bus will have to turn round and we will have lost a day's training three days before playing at Easter Road. :(

So if the game is called off at noon, the bus will have to turn round and we will have lost a day's training three days before playing at Easter Road. :(

If they say the pitch is playable at 9am....it should still be ok at noon.

More chance of it being called off at 9 and then turning out it would have been fine. Is there not? :woop:

Maybe we could turn back as far as edinburgh and either Hibs or Hearts will let us use thier facilities LOL :woop:

According to one site I looked at, it was well after midnight before it got below freezing and didn't get any lower than -1.5c.

At the moment its seemingly -0.9c.

Hopefuly as Shotts Well Fan says the covers will have worked. Add to that it was apparently playable for much of yesterday and we've sunshine and higher temps. on the way. Fingers crossed once again.

If it's on I'll be going up, but I could do with it being off tonight :angry:

Judging by the comments that the team are preparing to travel this morning, I'm fairly sure that they've been given the heads up that unless there's a severe frost, it'll go ahead

MON RA DOSSERS

The problem is with the pitch being so frozen deep down for so long, it will take a lengthy spell of higher temperatures for it to thaw sufficiently, and that aint happening. Even the merest hint of frost is having a negative effect on Harlaw Park.

I feel sorry for the staff at Locos, who are undoubtedy working hard to get the game on, and the cost to them in terms of catering etc is mounting up. Maybe we should get our hot air balloon up there and assist with the costs.

This is turning into a farce! Why not move the game to The 'Ark?! I know their gaffer is on about home advantage, etc - but come on! If the game moves to Motherwell then it will surely be more gate money for them and a chance for their part timers to play at a bigger venue in front of a bigger crowd!

I predict that the game will finally go ahead a week on Sat after two more call offs next Mon and Wed!